PDA

View Full Version : Importing a Model in Max and getting it back out correctly?

Roostervier
February 11th, 2007, 12:35 PM
I can make bsps, bitmaps, skins, models, and more, but when it comes to editing models and making bipeds, I can never get them to work. I don't much care for the biped, but when I edit the assault rifle, I at least expect it to work in game. I edited the fp rifle, and in consequence got rid of the skin modifier. So, I linked the gun to frame gun and exported. In game it shows the assault rifle fine, but nothing moves (op handle, no display, etc.) So, then I made a skin modifier again and made it so those things would move when the frame moved. I go back ingame and get the same crap. How should I link up models to get them ingame correctly?

k4is3rxkh40s
February 11th, 2007, 02:15 PM
You have to have all the nodes and etc that the AR has for any animations to work.

Roostervier
February 11th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Not fp animations. And it does, I just don't know what to extract with as the overall parent node. If I import it(with TheGhost's App), the model is always unlinked to something, and I haven't a clue as to what to link it to(usually because if I try I am wrong). Here, I will make a video of what happens, expect an update here in a 'lil.

[Edit] Here is the video: http://media.putfile.com/How-to-fix-mb
I tried ot fix it with a skin modifier, like I said earlier, but that didn't work.

Somebody123
February 16th, 2007, 04:19 PM
link to the frame mb?

Roostervier
February 17th, 2007, 11:52 AM
I hate when poeple post things like that. Did you not read the first post at all? I even stated that I linked it to frame gun. It doesn't matter, I fixed it except for the ammo counter only saying the same two numbers =p.