PDA

View Full Version : [GMOD] GMOD 9 Help

Metkil5685
February 11th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Ok, today I finally as able to play Counter-Strike Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch. So I decided to download Gmod 9.0.4. I installed Gmod and restarted Steam, but Gmod won't show up on the My Games tab. Any ideas?

Atty
February 11th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Try running it from it's location?

BobtheGreatII
February 11th, 2007, 07:08 PM
I have the same problem....... >.<

Metkil5685
February 11th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Well, I would but i cant find the .exe. I'll look around.

I just had a bright idea moment. I do not have Half-life 2, would affect why i can't play it?

Atty
February 11th, 2007, 07:21 PM
If you have any source game you can play it.

Metkil5685
February 11th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Yea, I thought so too, till I found this: http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/showthread.php?t=281372

Uhhh, anyone got a spare key for Gmod 10?

Atty
February 11th, 2007, 07:29 PM
It's only :10bux: buy it yourself.

rossmum
February 11th, 2007, 09:58 PM
It's only :10bux: buy it yourself.
Oh but that would be the smart thing to do.

Shit, even I forked out the $10 for it and I'm constantly broke...

Pooky
February 11th, 2007, 10:02 PM
The answer to all Gmod9 questions is get Gmod10!

Trezeguet
February 12th, 2007, 09:07 PM
In order to play version 9, I believe you will need HL2 and other Source games. For version 10 (for $10) you just need only one source game so you can use it for any source game you want. I would recommend just to buy GMod10. It will be more convenient.

Agamemnon
February 14th, 2007, 04:53 AM
If you have any source game you can play it.
Wrong. Gmod9 requires you to have Counter-Strike: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch in order to play it.Also, as everyone said before, just dish out $10. I will be soon enough. Seriously, after you've tried Gmod10, you'll forget all about Gmod9.

Limited
February 14th, 2007, 06:04 AM
I think you need HL2 as well but im unsure about it.

There is no "key" for gmod 10 lol.

Its worth it, I got it 2 days after release, Ive probably played 5 hours of it but its worth it.

Metkil5685
February 14th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Well, my Gmod 9 Problem has been fixed. I got Half-Life 2. That fixed everything. As for Gmod 10, my parents hate buying stuff off the internet, so that's a dud.

Wizardman
August 22nd, 2007, 07:55 PM
I got Gmod 9 also and it wont run, then smod, i was thinking smod wouldnt run because i dont have HL2, i have HL2 episode one, and i cant seem to figure out how to install maps. LIMITED GO TO MY THREAD AND GIVE ANSWER. i tried to get my mom to buy me gmod 10, i even gave her 10 bucks. she said "i dont have enough in my checking, maybe on christmas."

THATS THREE MONTHS FROM NOW!!!:(

~ZMT~Trace
August 23rd, 2007, 01:52 PM
I got Gmod 9 also and it wont run, then smod, i was thinking smod wouldnt run because i dont have HL2, i have HL2 episode one, and i cant seem to figure out how to install maps. LIMITED GO TO MY THREAD AND GIVE ANSWER. i tried to get my mom to buy me gmod 10, i even gave her 10 bucks. she said "i dont have enough in my checking, maybe on christmas."

You need HL2, HL2DM, and CS:S to play Gmod 9.

Emmzee
August 23rd, 2007, 02:08 PM
Just get Gmod 10. Do you not have $10?

Limited
August 23rd, 2007, 02:56 PM

THATS THREE MONTHS FROM NOW!!!:(Nice bump. Also maps go into the "maps" folder, if you dont see a maps folder you dont have FULL smod. You only got the upgrade.

Agamemnon
August 23rd, 2007, 02:58 PM

So you bumped an old topic that you didn't even bother to read, for it you did, you would've known why it doesn't work for you?

Wizardman
August 24th, 2007, 07:48 PM
i got the 10 bucks i just need to wait a while to get it...
i really have no experience with half life 2 on the PC ive been playing Halo custom edition and UT:2004. but ill get used to doing that crap in a while, but ussually i get screwed over and bad shit happens.

BOOM! headshot!

Wizardman
October 5th, 2007, 02:44 PM
hmmmm... this was a interesting thread. And it wasn't really bunpung to much. That last one was still on topic. You guys bumped it about ME partially bumping. And yes i will get gmod 10 for the 10 dollars. There is a soundcache folder not a maps folder. Now I am confused:confused:.

Amit
October 6th, 2007, 09:47 AM
In order to play version 9, I believe you will need HL2 and other Source games. For version 10 (for $10) you just need only one source game so you can use it for any source game you want. I would recommend just to buy GMod10. It will be more convenient.

I first bought CS:Source, then GMOD 10, then HL2: Episode 2, then DOD:Source. You can use GMOD 10 for all of these games and most other source engine games, if not all.

EDIT: Oh SHOOT, I had no idea this was a bumped thread.