PDA

View Full Version : [SOURCE] Eternal Silence - Trailer + releasedate.

Tweek
May 29th, 2008, 05:20 AM
The Eternal Silence 3.0 trailer is finally done, in it is our final release date.
vc5Avu-YI7I
enjoy your shitty youtube quality :P

High resolution version is also available for download from FileSwap. (http://www.fileswap.com/share/?id=1ca5c750a30312d1919ae6a4d636dcc4)
release date of the final game: June 06.

original post (http://www.eternal-silence.net/forums/index.php?topic=4462.msg59362;boardseen#new)

there's a bunch of mirrors available already.

anyway, look forward to June 6.
hurrrr

Zeph
May 29th, 2008, 07:19 AM
before humanity got divided into two fractions
Fractions? Surely the VA meant factions, right?

StankBacon
May 29th, 2008, 08:25 AM
lol yah, fractions just doesn't seem right, especially the way he says it.

pretty nice vid.

Tweek
May 29th, 2008, 09:22 AM
lol yeah, we posted the same thing in the private forums, but we didnt think it to be a big deal, so we didnt bother redoing it :P

ultama121
May 29th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I thought I saw that Moddb profile get updated. Nice :).

Apoc4lypse
May 30th, 2008, 03:40 PM
sounded like the narrator didn't practice much, seemed like he was reading it while saying it for the first time.

I'd also recommend better video editing especially for a trailer. The shots and how its cut together when the alarm sounds don't create the right mood that the sound is creating, they should work together to make things seem chaotic.. right now they just don't agree. (close up shot of siren is too long and timed poorly) It could have been done more quickly, same with the soldiers walking, the timing is off.

*goes back to watch the rest of it* I know your not making a movie or w/e but I'm just saying.. a good trailer will make people want to play it more. ;)

e. Looks like alot of fun, I love the fact that theres foot combat AND space fighting.

based on the trailer

Pros- Game play looks promising
Looks pretty good, not amazing but good
Very creative

Negatives- Some weird spots I saw in the video (ship disappeared entering and exiting hangar)
Asteroids or meteors that don't move (guess thats what they were, they seemed very still though)

Suggestions- Make people able to wage war on the meteors, like how people got dropped into the hangars
make it possible to drop people onto the meteors, possibly make some sort of structures on them too (outpost base type things real rugged looking) Just an idea, except for the part where your already announcing release date hehe.

Looks like fun if I had source I'd play it... actually I might be able to play it, I don't own half life 2 or w/e but I have steam and did purchase some source things...

idk whats the pre-req's for playing it? Just the source engine, does it cost money? etc etc etc... I bet theres a site with this info on it already but idk, this is like the first time I been in the source forum.

Heathen
June 1st, 2008, 03:21 AM
The narrator was about the only thing I liked about the trailer...

Ki11a_FTW
June 1st, 2008, 07:12 PM
looks pretty awesome to me, ill most likely download it.

Saggy
June 6th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Well, June 6. Anybody download this yet? I'm doing so right now, and can't wait to play!

Pooky
June 6th, 2008, 11:34 AM
I'm downloading it right now, but I want to cockslap you guys for putting it on fileplanet of all things <_<

JunkfoodMan
June 6th, 2008, 05:35 PM
I just played a good game with 32 players
it was awesome
It reminded me of those big space battles on Star wars Battlefront 2.
again, awesome.

Pooky
June 6th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I just played a good game with 32 players
it was awesome
It reminded me of those big space battles on Star wars Battlefront 2.
again, awesome.

This.

But I do have a few complaints.

First of all, the infantry battles feel kind of awkward. You die really absurdly fast and most of the time I couldn't even figure out what killed me. On top of that, it's really hard to pick out enemy players when you're on the ships for some reason, they just don't stand out enough against the environment. (Which is a really weird contrast to space combat with the big bright contrails that let you easily pick out enemies <_<). The gun animations are a bit awkward feeling... particularly the melee animations. The pistol melee looks like he's just doing some sort of waving motion that somehow hurts people. Finally, and I know this is a huge nitpick, but hearing the standard source engine metal impact sound really hurt the immersion for me. It just kind of interrupts the experience by blatantly pointing out to you that you're playing a source mod.

Overall though, I had a great time and I'll definitely be playing this again.

MNC
June 12th, 2008, 07:40 AM
My new favorite Source mod next to Zombie Master. Though the radar is very confusing to me, I bet it's really easy to understand once you get it though. Pooky makes some strong points about the easy deaths and hard to pick out infantry. The whole Attacking, Defending system is really awesome. I don't know how the timer reacts to every capture, it seemed to freeze for a minute. Also, it's hard to detect from which angle missiles are coming from. And the NGM has a harder to reach hangar :v:

Bodzilla
June 20th, 2008, 02:36 AM
my biggest complaint is time.

i have too many fucking games and not nearly enough time to play them all :(
i'm sure it's awesome tweek but it may take some time before i get back with a sxcier review.

:)

Tweek
June 24th, 2008, 12:23 PM
3.1 is released now btw.

MNC
June 25th, 2008, 11:45 AM
changelog? Or is it on the site?

Tweek
June 25th, 2008, 01:41 PM
it's on the site, with more explaination etc too.