PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Halo 3 Beta Phase 2 winners announced!

Atty
February 12th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Congratulations iAtticus,

You were one of the first 13,333 gamers to meet the "Rule of Three" program eligibility requirements. As a result, you have been selected to participate in the Halo® 3 beta.

In order to participate, you must have access to:
An Xbox 360™ Pro console or Xbox 360 Core console with hard drive
A valid Xbox Live® Gold subscription Keep an eye on your inbox, we will be sending more information about this opportunity soon.

*Limit one Halo 3 beta invite per person/Xbox Live gamertag. Your invitation is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The beta is available in English only.

Yeah!!

Check your email if you signed up, see if you got in!

DaneO'Roo
February 12th, 2007, 11:57 PM
awesome stuff!

I hope people make some HD movies from the Halo 3 beta, considering i'll never get one :(

Atty
February 12th, 2007, 11:58 PM
*Stares at capture card.* Maybe someone will. ;)

JDMFSeanP
February 13th, 2007, 12:09 AM
I got eet, fun shit, i needa go play more alpha now at my friends house :P

Cortexian
February 13th, 2007, 11:15 AM
I got eet, fun shit, i needa go play more alpha now at my friends house :P
Kewl you know what though? Its not actually released yet. So stop lyin :)

InnerGoat
February 13th, 2007, 01:16 PM
*Stares at capture card.* Maybe someone will. ;)

You don't have an HD capture card.

JDMFSeanP
February 13th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Kewl you know what though? Its not actually released yet. So stop lyin :)

Are you stupid?? The alpha was released to around a hundred mirosoft employees from a raffle type event they had, and some of my friends parents got it and i can play it at there houses.Its under the name of pimps at sea still i believe.

Atty
February 13th, 2007, 01:37 PM
IIRC The 100 employees was for Halo 2, if I'm not mistaken a lot more employees (as well as various others in the field ;) ) get to test Halo 3.

Regardless, I still think you are lying.

JDMFSeanP
February 13th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Why would i lie about playing an alpha of a game? Sure I love the halo series but why would i go around lieing about that? It makes me no cooler or anything.

Would you like the kids that have it gamertags so you can see that they've played it? (I think it records im not sure, it still went under the name "Pimps at Sea Alpha")

EDIT: Nevermind i look and it doesnt record it.

BTW Atty i meant 100 employees at this location in Redmond, i'm sure its around 10,000 right now all around the globe.

ExAm
February 13th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Already got in on Phase One. I suddenly have more friends at school O_o.

Xetsuei
February 15th, 2007, 06:31 PM
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l187/Zetsuei540/yay.jpg
hurr

Atty
February 15th, 2007, 09:17 PM
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2137/halo3am3.jpg

HDoan
February 15th, 2007, 10:43 PM
i hope h3 will have someone to disbale your hud like the blind skull in h2

Stormwing
February 15th, 2007, 11:40 PM
13,333? strange number..
I wish i had a 360 ;_;

I suddenly have more friends at school O_o.
lol'd.

Neuro Guro
February 16th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Yup , checked today and it said i got in. :D

atty and xetsuei , ill send ya friend requests and maybe we can play in the same party when the time comes.

Cortexian
February 16th, 2007, 02:23 PM
A couple of buddies of mine made it in at school, I can't even apply until I buy a new 360, mine broke... While I was trying to case mod it, so warrenty is out.

ExAm
February 17th, 2007, 02:10 PM
I was kind of disappointed when I found out that tens of thousands of people were getting in. I thought it was something special. Now it just seems like a novelty. I don't think it was a wise decision on Bungie's part to do that.

Boba
February 17th, 2007, 02:44 PM
I won in Phase 1, loosers.

Atty
February 17th, 2007, 03:00 PM
I won in Phase 1, loosers.I'm actually rather tight, thank you very much.

To Explosive, there is a great reason for so many testers. The more people playing it the more likely all the little bugs will be found out.

Masterz1337
February 17th, 2007, 03:13 PM
I'm actually rather tight, thank you very much.

To Explosive, there is a great reason for so many testers. The more people playing it the more likely all the little bugs will be found out.
NEWSFLASH
Attykiss admits he is a pussy!

ExAm
February 17th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Too many testers. You don't need thousands to do what a few hundred people who are qualified can do. You know how many 8 year olds got in on phase 2? How many will get in with the crackdown guaranteed invite? It's too easy to get in. Phase 1 should have been done differently, and should have been the only phase. This is just fucking ridiculous.

Btd69
February 17th, 2007, 05:30 PM
I smell a leak.

Atty
February 17th, 2007, 05:34 PM
NEWSFLASH
Attykiss admits he is a pussy!NEWSFLASH!

My username is Atty you git.

Masterz1337
February 17th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Sorry if I offended you Alex

rossmum
February 17th, 2007, 07:51 PM
No, I am not offended.:eyesroll:

lol same name lol

I still would rather wait for the final game, tbh.

Champ
February 17th, 2007, 10:40 PM
NEWSFLASH!

My username is Atty you git.
Doesn't mean it's any better.

ExAm
February 17th, 2007, 10:45 PM
I detect hostility.

Emmzee
February 18th, 2007, 06:57 AM
I would call you a lucky bastard, if I didn't think Halo 3 was going to suck.

I_Am_Error117
February 18th, 2007, 01:01 PM
13,333? strange number..

My Burger King today was 6.66 lol

Oh and I got in :)

Emmzee
February 18th, 2007, 02:47 PM
My Burger King today was 6.66 lol

Oh and I got in :)
You and 13,000 frat boys and 13 year olds. Have fun.

ExAm
February 18th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Bungie fucked up with the beta signups. They ought to weed out the kids whose balls haven't dropped, and those with no mikes, just to be safe.

Atty
February 18th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Bungie fucked up with the beta signups. They ought to weed out the kids whose balls haven't dropped, and those with no mikes, just to be safe.Microsoft was responsible for all the beta phases. They can't control who lies about their age on their registration or who makes fake accounts to fake their age it's also impossible to tell who has or has not a mic. I think you are just mad you aren't special, that you and thousands of others will be playing instead of just you and a few.

Champ
February 18th, 2007, 04:06 PM
You and 13,000 frat boys and 13 year olds. Have fun.
Don't you mean 13,332?

ExAm
February 18th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Microsoft was responsible for all the beta phases. They can't control who lies about their age on their registration or who makes fake accounts to fake their age it's also impossible to tell who has or has not a mic. I think you are just mad you aren't special, that you and thousands of others will be playing instead of just you and a few.

Well, I overlooked the fact that microsoft did it, and that was wrong, but I'm still mad that they're doing it. I don't want to play with a bunch of little kids and idiots who bought crackdown just for the Halo 3 beta invite. They just whored out the beta, and it just seems wrong to me.

Champ
February 18th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Well, I overlooked the fact that microsoft did it, and that was wrong, but I'm still mad that they're doing it. I don't want to play with a bunch of little kids and idiots who bought crackdown just for the Halo 3 beta invite. They just whored out the beta, and it just seems wrong to me.
Careful, or you'll offend Atticus.

ExAm
February 18th, 2007, 05:06 PM
I said the idiots.

Atty
February 18th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Careful, or you'll offend Atticus.I don't quiet understand. I'm not a little kid, idiot, nor did I buy crackdown for the beta.

Zeph
February 18th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Wow, people fighting about the number of people playing. I assume you dont want to wait five hours for one game to have enough people to play :\.

And it's allready been said that the amount of people and the beta's purpose is to gather network stress info. Dont like it? Stop caring and get over it.

ExAm
February 18th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Tell me where it says that.

Champ
February 18th, 2007, 06:41 PM
I don't quiet understand. I'm not a little kid, idiot, nor did I buy crackdown for the beta.
You don't quiet understand :confused2:

And if you didn't get accepted to the Halo 3 beta, you were going to buy Crackdown for the beta.

ExAm
February 19th, 2007, 01:57 PM
some people like crackdown. they buy it primarily for that reason.

Champ
February 19th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Ok...I don't see what the has to do with anything, but ok.

Cortexian
February 20th, 2007, 10:02 PM
I'm buying crackdown for crackdown, it looks like an interesting game...

Rosco
February 27th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Bungie fucked up with the beta signups. They ought to weed out the kids whose balls haven't dropped, and those with no mikes, just to be safe.

I can't be fucked to buy another mic, I've already broken every other single one I used. :mad:

but yeah I got the beta with crackdown, it's crackdown I really wanted to play, though.

Pred1ator
February 27th, 2007, 10:59 AM
wow, thats ironic... I get crakdown cause it looked like a lil GoW game with GTA in it so i decided to get it, i didnt even know it has a H3 beta in it :shake:

Hurrvish
February 27th, 2007, 09:45 PM
im not so sure if my friend was bs-ing or not, but here goes:
he has a cousin whos dad works for microsoft,so naturally, he gets the halo 3 beta/alpha
from what ive heard from him, he claims that you can carry 4 weapons, 2 in holsters, and 2 on your back
maybe you can keep your duel weapons instead of dropping or switching?

Atty
February 27th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Your friend is lying. Bungie has said before that the one thing about Halo that they'll keep is the two weapons at all times. Unless they've had a major change of heart about the style of play of the game (which changes drastically when you can carry 4 weapons) it won't happen. His did might work for Microsoft (it seems everyones dad/mom/aunt/cousin/dog works for Microsoft or bungie nowadays :rolleyes:) so he could get his hands on a beta version but still, I'm pretty sure that is bull shit.

rossmum
February 28th, 2007, 05:12 AM
What Atty said. Unless Bungie say it directly themselves, consider it bullshit. Especially if it involves someone's cousin's friend's sister's boyfriend's aunt's father's parole officer or some other lengthy chain of people.

Hell, even if Bungie say it, I don't always believe it. Because they aren't always right.

ExAm
February 28th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Especially if it involves someone's cousin's friend's sister's boyfriend's aunt's father's parole officer or some other lengthy chain of people.
Ee7PmhT9Nyw