PDA

View Full Version : [TF2] Pyro and Meet the Sniper updates upcomming

cls
May 30th, 2008, 10:06 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189941&site=pcg&skip=yes

Took Valve long enough, the flame thrower needed the hit detection fixed for a long time. More Spy's are going to have to learn to use the revolver more often, like they should have been in the first place. :p
In Valve time, that means with in the next two months.

Pooky
May 31st, 2008, 03:55 AM
I already read that and where do you get anything about pyro hit detection or the revolver :S

Flamethrower works fine you just have to use your brain and actually lead with it because fire does not equal a hitscan bullet

cls
May 31st, 2008, 12:09 PM
The flame thrower has been glitched (the animation and hit dection don't match up) for some time, as such the Pyro currently has the lowest skill ceiling of any of the classes, a noob solder or heavy can still own a highly skilled Pyro player with little effort. Even if the Pyro sneaks up on them. His role is filled better by the Scouts and Spys.
I consider a spy a noob when they don't use the Revolver.

FlyingStone
May 31st, 2008, 01:42 PM
The flame thrower has been glitched (the animation and hit dection don't match up) for some time, as such the Pyro currently has the lowest skill ceiling of any of the classes, a noob solder or heavy can still own a highly skilled Pyro player with little effort. Even if the Pyro sneaks up on them. His role is filled better by the Scouts and Spys.
:lol: I hope this is sarcasim.

I have taken down a heavy many times as a Pyro, its not incredibly difficult. And the spy thing, the revolver isn't exactly powerful. Second the spy is mostly behind the enemy lines, sappin' sentries, taking down anything that could possibly be a big threat to his/her team. (Like a sniper) I have rarely seen a spy run along side with a solider shooting his revolver.
I consider that a noob.

Bastinka
May 31st, 2008, 01:46 PM
The Spys are supposed to backstab, revolver is too noobish unless your out of range with the knife. Also pyro's are the most annoying classes ever, they just run in and kil leveryone. I'd say they need to be downgraded.

cls
May 31st, 2008, 01:48 PM
:lol: I hope this is sarcasim.

I have taken down a heavy many times as a Pyro, its not incredibly difficult. And the spy thing, the revolver isn't exactly powerful. Second the spy is mostly behind the enemy lines, sappin' sentries, taking down anything that could possibly be a big threat to his/her team. (Like a sniper) I have rarely seen a spy run along side with a solider shooting his revolver.
I consider that a noob.

I once chased down one as an engineer and he tried to stab instead of shooting, and I got the kill, which is what I meant by using the revolver. As a Pyro, you can only get kills when the enemy is a bad player. When set on fire as demoman or solder. I suicide on purpose to deprive them of the frag.

FlyingStone
May 31st, 2008, 02:33 PM
I once chased down an engineer and he tried to stab instead of shooting, and I got the kill, which is what I meant by using the revolver. As a Pyro, you can only get kills when the enemy is a bad player. When set on fire as demoman or solder. I suicide on purpose to deprive them of the frag.

What the fuck are you on?

Phopojijo
May 31st, 2008, 03:26 PM
Yea, a pair of pyros are pretty good for close quarters defense. Pretty effective when you're getting overrun trying to move the steambuggy. They don't do much damage alone, but they'll slowly damage a whole group of people allowing your soldiers and heavies to mop them up.

They are a good assist class; they are not a good frag-everyone-instantly class. I think that might be most people's problems.

cls
May 31st, 2008, 05:30 PM

Nothing, I don't bother wearing my glasses on the internet. Post edited so it makes more since.

Yea, a pair of pyros are pretty good for close quarters defense. Pretty effective when you're getting overrun trying to move the steambuggy. They don't do much damage alone, but they'll slowly damage a whole group of people allowing your soldiers and heavies to mop them up.

They are a good assist class; they are not a good frag-everyone-instantly class. I think that might be most people's problems.

That sounds good in practice, but 2 slots taken by a pyro is better used by being another class. So that basically means their a support class, instead of an offensive class live Valve says it is.

MNC
May 31st, 2008, 06:41 PM
Awesome, always knew Pyro was gonna be next.
It was in the game code.

Bodzilla
May 31st, 2008, 09:17 PM
serious pills.

It's to counter-act the mental illness he has, Sillyous-maximus.
a troubling condition.

as a result he's super-serial all the time, Who knows what consequences could happen if he forgot to takes his meds one day.
Maybe he'd even have fun.
:rolleyes:

cls
May 31st, 2008, 09:24 PM
serious pills.

It's to counter-act the mental illness he has, Sillyous-maximus.
a troubling condition.

as a result he's super-serial all the time, Who knows what consequences could happen if he forgot to takes his meds one day.
Maybe he'd even have fun.
:rolleyes:
Nah, it would be more accurate to state that I'm emotionally dead on the inside. :p

Pooky
June 1st, 2008, 12:55 AM
a noob solder or heavy can still own a highly skilled Pyro player with little effort.
No. Clearly you haven't played against me as a Pyro.

Even if the Pyro sneaks up on them. His role is filled better by the Scouts and Spys.
What do you mean 'even' if the Pyro sneaks up? If you don't sneak up on heavy classes as a Pyro you're an idiot.

The revolver is a retreat weapon. You pick off low health enemies and fire at the idiots who chase you down in a straight line. Anything else and you're wasting your team's time, even the Medic has heavier weapons than you do.

I have taken down a heavy many times as a Pyro, its not incredibly difficult.
This. All you need to do is get behind the fatass and burn his Medic if he's got one, flame the heavy until he starts to turn, then run away.

Overall if you think the Pyro's bad you must be playing it the wrong way. It's a very simple matter; run in, burn everything, then leave.

See reference here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGIISxhYRYE).

Phopojijo
June 1st, 2008, 01:33 AM
That sounds good in practice, but 2 slots taken by a pyro is better used by being another class. So that basically means their a support class, instead of an offensive class live Valve says it is.I've played in a few instances where pyros were the best option.

And in reality it's an offensive class -- it's designed to break up strongly defended points.

cls
June 1st, 2008, 02:12 AM
No. Clearly you haven't played against me as a Pyro.

That also depends how skilled the players are on both teams were. Despite how well anyone plays with the Pyro, the class still scores the least kills, and the lowest average time alive according to Steam stats. According to your own Steam stats, the classess you've played less then Pyro have higher scores.

What do you mean 'even' if the Pyro sneaks up? If you don't sneak up on heavy classes as a Pyro you're an idiot.

When a Pyro does sneak up on a slower class, the Pyro looses still gets fragged by Solders, Demomen and Heavy players who have their mouse sensitivity as high as possible.

The revolver is a retreat weapon. You pick off low health enemies and fire at the idiots who chase you down in a straight line. Anything else and you're wasting your team's time, even the Medic has heavier weapons than you do.

This why I call people noobs and they don't use the Revolver when I do chase them down.

This. All you need to do is get behind the fatass and burn his Medic if he's got one, flame the heavy until he starts to turn, then run away.
A good strategy until the heavy finds a med kit or water. I've only managed to kill a medic and then a heavy due to random crits.

Overall if you think the Pyro's bad you must be playing it the wrong way. It's a very simple matter; run in, burn everything, then leave.

See reference here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGIISxhYRYE).
I've tried that, and even applied tips from the How to play the Pyro video and still get gibbed.

I've played in a few instances where pyros were the best option.

And in reality it's an offensive class -- it's designed to break up strongly defended points.
That only works when a medic has an uber charge on the player, otherwise the Pyro player is hiding most of the time, if he gets that far. There are better classes to uber then a Pyro to do the same.

Bodzilla
June 1st, 2008, 05:20 AM
it's not about the points.

It's team fortress. if you want points go join the ranks of the other 50 jillion spys and snipers.

Pooky
June 1st, 2008, 10:15 AM
Hey don't diss the spy D:

But yeah its not about the points. The Pyro is supposed to set everything on fire so your team can mop up the ones that don't retreat for health packs. Also a good Pyro is essential for weeding out those damned spies. As for my Steam stats, I've played a lot more of everything else than Pyro. I only really started Pyro recently and I find it a great class.

MNC
June 1st, 2008, 12:55 PM
The revolver is an awesome weapon. If you can't take off some scouts of the other team with it then I suggest you practice it because it has saved my life numerous times.

cls
June 1st, 2008, 01:01 PM
Also a good Pyro is essential for weeding out those damned spies..

But isn't that role filled better by Scouts and Medics?

Seems like players like me are better off playing solder and demoman anyways. Though I'll still blow myself up if there are no medics or med kits around when I get set on fire. :p

Phopojijo
June 1st, 2008, 01:04 PM

Seems like players like me are better off playing solder and demoman anyways. Though I'll still blow myself up if their are no medics or med kits around when I get set on fire. :pThen your point is open, congrats you make my job easier :p

Pooky
June 1st, 2008, 05:26 PM

Put simply, no. The second you see a teammate lit on fire by a friendly Pyro you know they're a spy, and they still burn while cloaked so they can't escape.

cls
June 1st, 2008, 06:05 PM
Put simply, no. The second you see a teammate lit on fire by a friendly Pyro you know they're a spy, and they still burn while cloaked so they can't escape.

So Spy checking is the only thing that he excels at better then other classes. That and getting gibbed(while sneaking around like the coward that I am) all the time are reasons I refuse to play as the Pyro.

Bodzilla
June 2nd, 2008, 03:50 AM
your taking things way to fucking seriously.

Lighten the fuck up, no one gives a shit what your poijts are in Tf2. you can have the most points in the world but it doesnt matter if your team loose's.

idiots i swear..........

MNC
June 2nd, 2008, 04:29 AM
E: I stand corrected.

cls
June 2nd, 2008, 12:47 PM
your taking things way to fucking seriously.

Lighten the fuck up, no one gives a shit what your poijts are in Tf2. you can have the most points in the world but it doesnt matter if your team loose's.

Did I even say I care about points? Stop putting words in my mouth please.
A game really isn't any fun for players that lose all the time, and the Pyro is usually a determent to a team, compared to just about any other class. (I know its more then the pusillanimous way I play the game, because their might be players who are more cowardly then me who are better at TF2.)
The times I've played medic, I don't waste the Uber on Pyros unless I have no better choice.

Bastinka
June 2nd, 2008, 05:44 PM
He is right to some extent, but once a game gets achievements put in it people go out of their way just to get achievements. The trigger-happy pyros are always incredibly annoying when you play as a spy... but they're incredibly easy to headshot when a sniper.

<3 Sniper and Spy, 2 favorite classes.

Pooky
June 3rd, 2008, 02:31 AM
The times I've played medic, I don't waste the Uber on Pyros unless I have no better choice.

What are you on... ubered pyro owns everything :\

MNC
June 3rd, 2008, 03:45 AM
A game really isn't any fun for players that lose all the time, and the Pyro is usually a determent to a team, compared to just about any other class. (I know its more then the pusillanimous way I play the game, because their might be players who are more cowardly then me who are better at TF2.)
Well, that whole killing yourself off when on fire thing sounded like hay other team cannot get mah kill. Even though it doesn't work because it'll say "player a finished off player b".

To stay slighty-ontopic, I just heard ingame that the date is 16th June. That's awfully quick. Did he just make it up, or was it stated somewhere indirectly by valve, even though valve time will mess it up.

Phopojijo
June 3rd, 2008, 04:23 AM
I played yesterday... we had to take out a level 3 turret, an engineer, a heavy, a spy, and 2 soldiers all in a tight corridor (they had a teleporter exit in the corridor... a 1-way exit on the one end leading to our point... and a turret facing the other way...)

They tried rushing repetitively... but the turret missiles and chaingun killed us all (along with the heavy and soldiers) before we could get anywhere near. Medic decided to uber me (Pyro) -- all were dead before the uber was up. Heavy wouldn't deal enough damage nor walk fast enough... demoman same... soldier couldn't reload fast enough... pyro was best.

Believe me, Pyro has it's uses... I've been really effective with it in SEVERAL occasions.

cls
June 3rd, 2008, 12:53 PM
Well, that whole killing yourself off when on fire thing sounded like hay other team cannot get mah kill. Even though it doesn't work because it'll say "player a finished off player b".

The mainreason I get set on fire is due do sucking badly, I've seen other people suicide as well though.

I played yesterday... we had to take out a level 3 turret, an engineer, a heavy, a spy, and 2 soldiers all in a tight corridor (they had a teleporter exit in the corridor... a 1-way exit on the one end leading to our point... and a turret facing the other way...)

They tried rushing repetitively... but the turret missiles and chaingun killed us all (along with the heavy and soldiers) before we could get anywhere near. Medic decided to uber me (Pyro) -- all were dead before the uber was up. Heavy wouldn't deal enough damage nor walk fast enough... demoman same... soldier couldn't reload fast enough... pyro was best.

Believe me, Pyro has it's uses... I've been really effective with it in SEVERAL occasions.

The one time I went after a level 3 sentry as a Pyro with an uber on me, I was unable to get in the flamethrowers range due to the knock back the sentry has.
Seems the players in the servers I go to are bad at the game as well, one time two people switched to Scout too take a sentry down.

TeeKup
June 4th, 2008, 07:09 PM
The only thing this thread has done is made me want to play as a Pyro more.

Pooky
June 4th, 2008, 09:51 PM
The only thing this thread has done is made me want to play as a Pyro more.

Since when are you playing TF2 and why was I not informed. :saddowns:

Bodzilla
June 5th, 2008, 03:52 AM
when i'm on fire and i'm a demoman or a soldier i kill myself to save them getting the points"

cls
June 5th, 2008, 04:17 AM
when i'm on fire and i'm a demoman or a soldier i kill myself to save them getting the points"

Then you tell me a better way to protest the glitched flamethrower physics Valve should have fixed,forever ago. I also don't get way the Pyro shouldn't be like what it was in the beta.

Valve better not have achievements that award bad teamwork and strategy like they did with the Medic. Uber a Scout, help a heavy kill two enemies with his fists. If I see a heavy do that while I have the Uber on him, I'd use it on someone else.(keep mind that I have no unlocks)

TeeKup
June 5th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Since when are you playing TF2 and why was I not informed. :saddowns:

I have to go to my friends house is I ever want to play it. D:

Pooky
June 5th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Then you tell me a better way to protest the glitched flamethrower physics Valve should have fixed,forever ago.

Are you still on about that... I thought we established it was you with the problem and not the flamethrower :S

cls
June 5th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Are you still on about that... I thought we established it was you with the problem and not the flamethrower :S

My skills are more then just bad with the Pyro but with other classes, if you look my own stats.

I watched a video from the old open beta, why did Valve have to change it?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xsK21hFy_Fo

FlyingStone
June 5th, 2008, 08:09 PM
I wish my graphics looked that good, I dont even see the medic beam, flamethrower in its full beauty, the bodys on fire, or even the rocket smoke.

God.

Pooky
June 5th, 2008, 09:42 PM
I wish my graphics looked that good, I dont even see the medic beam, flamethrower in its full beauty, the bodys on fire, or even the rocket smoke.

God.

So basically you don't see particles <.<

I watched a video from the old open beta, why did Valve have to change it?

Because Pyro was unbalanced in the beta and to a lesser extent in 1.0? You do see how ridiculously fast he's killing them right?

cls
June 5th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Because Pyro was unbalanced in the beta and to a lesser extent in 1.0? You do see how ridiculously fast he's killing them right?

So getting kills as easily as the other two offensive classes without having to reload is unbalanced.
Guess I'll have to learn to play the Scout and Heavy in the meantime.

Pooky
June 6th, 2008, 02:16 AM
So getting kills as easily as the other two offensive classes without having to reload is unbalanced.

When do you ever see random soldiers and scouts going on massive 6 kill sprees without even having to get crits?

Bodzilla
June 6th, 2008, 02:23 AM
When do you ever see random soldiers and scouts going on massive 6 kill sprees without even having to get crits?

Pooky
June 6th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Within 3 seconds?

Bodzilla
June 6th, 2008, 02:27 AM
i was agreeing with you

i just got carried away :S

cls
June 6th, 2008, 05:26 AM

When a scout or soldier goes up against a group of bad players.

FlyingStone
June 6th, 2008, 05:49 AM
So basically you don't see particles <.<
Yeah, I guess. How do I fix it? D:

Pooky
June 6th, 2008, 11:54 AM
When a scout or solder goes up against a group of bad players.
Iron-o-meter is overheating :(

Yeah, I guess. How do I fix it? D:

Ask the Steam forums, update your drivers. All the usual stuff you would do for something like this

MNC
June 7th, 2008, 10:43 AM
So people... The axtinguisher. When hitting people who are on fire it's a guaranteed hit.

DISCUSS.

cls
June 7th, 2008, 11:30 AM
A guaranteed critical hit eh, I knew there was a reason I got this six button mouse.:D(not including the DPI button) Never tried the strategy the axtinguisher requires, thought it was quite useless when you have the shotgun.

I really want to see what Valve is going have in place of the shotgun more then anything else though.

MNC
June 7th, 2008, 04:59 PM
I hardly see a use unless you work in pyro teams of 2. As soon as people see a pyro they go running away and when you do catch them on fire, you can hardly get off a hit. But that's the tradeoff I guess, guaranteed crit, but it's a melee weapon. Also, it does half the damage normally.

Bodzilla
June 7th, 2008, 11:22 PM
As far as i know the Axe isn't a guarantee'd critical hit.

Crits are relative to the amount of assists and damage you do.
and when your a pyro you hurt alot of people, very very quickly, so you have a much greater chance of doing a critical hit on an already very very powerful weapon.

it's the same reason why spys fear the Wrench and the Bonesaw.

thehoodedsmack
June 8th, 2008, 07:06 AM
I think they're talking about the new planned Pyro weapons...

Bodzilla
June 8th, 2008, 07:19 AM
nope

n00b told me that in the last update, a pyro's Axe is a guaranteed Critical hit on a burning opponent.

Sweet.

thehoodedsmack
June 8th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Shweet.

MNC
June 8th, 2008, 08:16 AM
So people... The axtinguisher. When hitting people who are on fire it's a guaranteed hit.

DISCUSS.

nope

n00b told me that in the last update, a pyro's Axe is a guaranteed Critical hit on a burning opponent.

:raise:

OHSHI-

FUCK I SAID CRIT I SWEAR I DID.

Wait, what? If an Axe already gives a guaranteed crit on burning opponents then what's the use of the axtinguisher?
Because according to Steam Update, that's the same thing the axtinguisher does.

Bodzilla
June 8th, 2008, 06:51 PM
n00b's wingeing in my ear atm

Axetinguisher = 100% crit on burning, 0% on non burning

Fire axe = same crit rate for burning or non burning. Does more damage then Axetinguisher on non crits.

MNC
June 9th, 2008, 02:46 PM
n00b's wingeing in my ear atm

Axetinguisher = 100% crit on burning, 0% on non burning

Fire axe = same crit rate for burning or non burning. Does more damage then Axetinguisher on non crits.
I know that, that's what I've been saying, stop fucking with my mind. :gonk:

Pooky
June 10th, 2008, 12:14 AM
What is with the fucking generically violent and bloody sci fi shit they keep slapping on the new unlockable weapons :\

I got a no blood skin for the ubersaw because it was so damned ugly and I hope I don't have to wait for someone to make one for the 'axetinguisher'

Terin
June 10th, 2008, 12:40 AM
I always either burn + shotgun or burn + axe, to try and knock their health down to a low level and let the flamethrower do the rest, so it will be benefical to me. And it's coming soon, too. Yeah yeah, Valve time, five years, uh huh.

MNC
June 11th, 2008, 10:29 AM
What is with the fucking generically violent and bloody sci fi shit they keep slapping on the new unlockable weapons :\

I got a no blood skin for the ubersaw because it was so damned ugly and I hope I don't have to wait for someone to make one for the 'axetinguisher'
Haven't you seen? The axtinguisher is a fireaxe with barbwire! :awesome:

Pooky
June 11th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Yeah I saw. Besides looking like something Condemned shat out it seems like it would do more damage than the normal axe.

MNC
June 11th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Silly, in Valve's universe iron barbwire is only very hurtiful when it hits something on very high temperatures.

cls
June 16th, 2008, 05:14 PM
http://www.csnation.net/viewnews.php/9680

Basically Meet the Sniper comes out tomorrow and the Pyro updates are Thursday.

thehoodedsmack
June 16th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Sweet.

m13120
June 16th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Ah another free weekend.

Pooky
June 16th, 2008, 08:28 PM
So they're finally going to officialize some awesome customs? I've been hoping they would do this for a long time after I saw what Red Orchestra did. This game is going to have a lot of fucking achievements after every class gets updated though <_<

Bodzilla
June 17th, 2008, 05:45 AM
tomorrow?

STANDING AROUND LIKE A BLOODY IDIOT.

you got blood on my knife mate.....

thehoodedsmack
June 17th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Y9lVvRa9aWc

Oh, yessis.

Sever
June 17th, 2008, 06:09 PM
They just keep getting better and better! I can't wait to see what they have for the Pyro, Medic, and Spy. I'm also wondering what tidbits they're going to release with the achievement updates after they run out of Meet the Class videos.

Pooky
June 17th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Pyro and Spy videos are going to be awesome D:

But there's actually already a really good fanmade spy video out
8QdvPVjGH4E

Bodzilla
June 18th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Godwin.

.da.... dad. Put mum on the phone :/"

Terin
June 18th, 2008, 11:30 AM
http://www.steampowered.com/pyro

There you have it. All the achievements, and the weapons are the flare gun (guessed it from meet the sniper), the backburner (crits from behind, no air burst), and the axtinguisher. This will be awesome. I will not farm a single achievement.

Also, Makin' Bacon is such an inside joke of a TF2 community I go to. Valve listens to us, I guess.

cls
June 18th, 2008, 05:38 PM
The compressed air burst raises the skill level for the Pyro, sweetness. I might to have farm Fire and Forget, BarbeQueQ, and Freezer Burn though.

m13120
June 18th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Would flare gun work underwater? Because without the shotgun, pyro has no way of defending itself underwater besides the ax, but the enemy can just swim away to a distance where they can still shoot the pyro while the pyro isn't close enough to melee with the ax. Maybe the flare gun still shoots a projectile that would damage an enemy underwater but not ignite them.

Terin
June 18th, 2008, 11:33 PM
That's called a "downside". Each weapon has one.

Pooky
June 18th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Except the generic shotgun :v:

Terin
June 19th, 2008, 04:34 PM
The downside of the shotgun is that it DOES NOT MAKE FIREEEEE.

Also, update is out.

MNC
June 19th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Fuck you, I was gonna say that :gonk:

n00b1n8R
June 19th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Would flare gun work underwater? Because without the shotgun, pyro has no way of defending itself underwater besides the ax, but the enemy can just swim away to a distance where they can still shoot the pyro while the pyro isn't close enough to melee with the ax. Maybe the flare gun still shoots a projectile that would damage an enemy underwater but not ignite them.
I hope not. That would give people ways to avoid him and balance it out.

But what's this "compression blast" thing it's talking about in regards to the default flame thrower? :S

E: wait, is this compressed air thing a secondary fire on the flame thrower that reflects projectiles? I never new about that O__o.

thehoodedsmack
June 19th, 2008, 05:27 PM
But what's this "compression blast" thing it's talking about in regards to the default flame thrower? :S

E: wait, does is this compressed air thing a secondary fire on the flame thrower that reflects projectiles? I never new about that O__o.

Reflects projectiles, pushes enemies back.

itszutak
June 19th, 2008, 06:14 PM
I've never seen that compressed air thing before. New update? o_0

n00b1n8R
June 19th, 2008, 06:16 PM
It'll certainly make soldiers easy to handle. :awesome:
But yeah, how long has it been around?

m13120
June 19th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Since the update that came out today.

MNC
June 19th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Oh FUCK the compressed air is so fucking awesome, as is the flaregun with me spectating others. (I don't have it yet). It's fun seeing sniper getting set on fire from a long distance XD

m13120
June 19th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Does anyone know what achievements you need to get the new weapons?

Zeph
June 19th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Someone should write up a summary and PM it to me for front page news.

n00b1n8R
June 19th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Hey, I shoud be abe to whip one up this arvo (once I've had a chance to try it first :p).
I imagine it works the same way the medic achievments do (I havn't had a chance to play yet). Every 1/3 of the new achievments you do, you get the weapon (in the order of flare gun, the flame thrower replacement and the axetinguisher).

Terin
June 20th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Actually, they changed it a little. There are only 35 achievements total, (minus the milestones) and you unlock weapons at 15, 20, and 25. That way, you can do the achievements you want, and not have to get every single silly one.

Bodzilla
June 20th, 2008, 02:09 AM
Someone should write up a summary and PM it to me for front page news.
:o

thats a good idea. Get to it n00b

ultama121
June 20th, 2008, 02:27 AM
:o

thats a good idea. Get to it Mr. Slave
:eng101:

Bodzilla
June 20th, 2008, 02:29 AM
:S.

but i've been trying to get n00b into bdsm for months?

why the sudden turn around :raise:?

n00b1n8R
June 20th, 2008, 05:24 AM
The only person doing any turning around is Teek ok mr. <:mad:>

Timo
June 20th, 2008, 05:41 AM
The only bad thing that's come of this is that most servers i've been in are just whoring pyro (ie 3/4 server full of pyro's). It wasn't too bad with the media pack, because the game needed more medics :-p

Pooky
June 20th, 2008, 09:42 AM

Look at the freaking achievement list right there ingame :awesome:

Chainsy
June 20th, 2008, 10:22 AM
I went into a server, basic gold rush, and the only types on the other team where pyros and meds. There was ussually a med paired up with a pyro charging. For me having medics and pyros whored is a blessing, because I love to use the sniper, so theyre easy to just pick off one by one. Hell, even upclose I can own them with the snipers secondary weapon with little problems. But the axetinguisher to be honest scares me shitless, and ill only use the machete if they have their back to me.

m13120
June 20th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Look at the freaking achievement list right there ingame :awesome:

Didn't exactly know the milestones were indicating how many achievements are needed for the weapons until today >.>

n00b1n8R
June 21st, 2008, 03:39 AM
In related news:
MJPBeEYzzM0
:haw:

Terin
June 21st, 2008, 01:15 PM
Pyro pong. An epic byproduct of the update.

MNC
June 22nd, 2008, 08:27 AM
They should try it with the flaregun :awesome:

CabooseJr
June 24th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Here is a little demonstration I did with the new pyro weapons.
Pyro Demo (http://www.youtube.com/v/N3xDMo3xf7E&hl=en)

Pooky
June 24th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Meh, game sucks since the update, I don't even feel like playing it anymore. Turbine is one of the worst maps I've ever played on any game, and the way valve fucked up the flamethrower it's completely impossible to just run away from Pyros, making the Scout even harder to use than it already is.

n00b1n8R
June 27th, 2008, 05:02 PM
How is it hard to run from pyro's? >__>
And just don't play turbine..

also:
6WhotAegFTw

TeeKup
June 27th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Y9lVvRa9aWc

Oh, yessis.

Oh thats just epic.