PDA

View Full Version : [UNREAL] Gears of War (PC) not working.

CrumbledCookies
June 2nd, 2008, 04:31 PM
Hi, my friend asked me to post this. He says that when he trys to execute (run) Gears of War for the computer, it just haults and terminates the program. He says his computer does meet the minimum requirements for the game, and he already has tried re-installing... So, what's the deal here?

Bastinka
June 2nd, 2008, 05:28 PM
Upgrade video card drivers, if not he does not mee the minimal video requirements and hes just ignant'.

Zeph
June 2nd, 2008, 05:32 PM
Perhaps his computer does not meet the minimum requirements to run the game.

Elite Killa
June 3rd, 2008, 10:02 PM
What's his computer's specs?

Masterz1337
June 7th, 2008, 12:47 AM
I had problems playing it too, and I have a killer rig. It also wouldn't work on my friends computer too. The game is fucked tbh.

Bossniak
June 7th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Go to the directory you installed Gears. Find the file startup. Make an shortcut of it on your desktop and try running it.

SFX
June 8th, 2008, 08:48 PM
I had problems playing it too, and I have a killer rig. It also wouldn't work on my friends computer too. The game is fucked tbh.
Let me guess, you get the g4w_live error too? My computer is halfway between minimum req. and recommended req. for Gears PC, and even if I run it on all low, I still get it randomly in Campaign, and I can't play Multiplayer at all. I've looked at every forum possible for a solution to this, but it's come up blank everywhere with people getting the same error. Just a bad decision on MicroSoft's part to take Gears port to PC, I guess. :\

PopeAK49
July 9th, 2008, 07:15 PM
i have the problem too i start up gow, the splash screen shows, it loads for a second but then it closes, and gives me the same thing.

TVTyrant
August 14th, 2008, 01:06 AM
I have it installed on two computers. The firs one (this one) barely runs it at all. In fact, it worked better without an internet connection or logging into Games for Windows Live than it does with it. I'm running a Radeon x1550 (xD).

The other computer is my brothers, and I must say it runs the game amazingly. Hes got a Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT and 2 gigs of cheapo RAM and it looks and plays amazing. No internet connection (yet...).

I think its pretty much on and off. Its probably just random as shit and Microsoft just hates us like China hates Tibet.

Limited
August 15th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Try updating Windows Live.