PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] New Halo 3 Weapon Vid

Elite Killa
February 14th, 2007, 04:29 PM
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/9246

There are things in this vid that some people might recognize... M6D is making a triumphant return! Yes!!!

This was posted on 1up.

TIA Gangsta
February 14th, 2007, 04:56 PM
I posted this damn video on Monday in the CMT forums, and they said they'll move it to Tech where it belongs, and now it ain't there!

Meh..I guess it doesn't matter who posts it, as long as its posted.

Most of the weapon animations there are from Halo 2, probably placeholders. Stuff like the H3AR reload and H3 Sniper reload are the same from H2 (AR=H2 BR......H3 Sniper=H2 Sniper)

Elite Killa
February 14th, 2007, 04:57 PM
The BR, in my opinion, looks gay.

Masterz1337
February 14th, 2007, 05:12 PM
I like new Br scope.

Syuusuke
February 14th, 2007, 05:14 PM
That Pistol, isn't that similar to of CMT's FP pistol position?

mR_r0b0to
February 14th, 2007, 05:14 PM
sniper still looks gay

IPBJT!
February 14th, 2007, 05:25 PM
That Pistol, isn't that similar to of CMT's FP pistol position?
No, thats the h2 magnum's anim.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
February 14th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Everybody with their CMT fanboyism is pissing me off, comparing Bungie things to CMT. No, just no.

Pretty cool though, the BR looks awesome. I don't like the position of the AR though, and it has the battle rifles reload animations - really stupid. I like the old reload animations.

Atty
February 14th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Everybody with their CMT fanboyism is pissing me off, comparing Bungie things to CMT. No, just no.Have I told you how much I love you today? :)

I'm not going to judge anything since it's all alpha and will most likely change but I'm glad to see a H1 pistol look a like, I hope that doesn't get cut.

Limited
February 14th, 2007, 05:41 PM
That Pistol, isn't that similar to of CMT's FP pistol position?No same one as halo 2, CMT copied halo 2 location.

DaneO'Roo
February 14th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Everybody with their CMT fanboyism is pissing me off, comparing Bungie things to CMT. No, just no.

^^^^^^^^

not even close to comparing, at all. I like the stuff we do, but sure as hell, I wouldn't compare it to anything bungie does.

I love every single thing in the video, and it looks like some good ole halo 1's coming back to play with new graphics. Big open levels, halo 1 pistol, a halo 1 looking sniper.

You people who have betas, better take lots of HD footage for peoplike like meh who will never get a beta>:U

Champ
February 14th, 2007, 07:15 PM
^^^^^^^^

not even close to comparing, at all. I like the stuff we do, but sure as hell, I wouldn't compare it to anything bungie does.

I love every single thing in the video, and it looks like some good ole halo 1's coming back to play with new graphics. Big open levels, halo 1 pistol, a halo 1 looking sniper.

You people who have betas, better take lots of HD footage for peoplike like meh who will never get a beta>:U
it's not a halo 1 pistol.

Pooky
February 14th, 2007, 10:02 PM

Pretty cool though, the BR looks awesome. I don't like the position of the AR though, and it has the battle rifles reload animations - really stupid. I like the old reload animations.

It's easy enough to compare things without being a fanboy. I'm just loving this whole new trend of hating CMT. Makes so much god damned sense

Atty
February 14th, 2007, 10:22 PM
'm just loving this whole new trend of hating CMT. Makes so much god damned senseHate towards CMT is not new. It's been around since the night of it's conception, I know, I was there. o.o

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
February 14th, 2007, 10:47 PM
That and I am a part of CMT, so how could I hate it? If I did, I wouldn't be doing shit for CMT. 0.o

Stealth
February 15th, 2007, 12:03 AM
you know CMT isn't that bad of a team if they all work together as a team, and the person who is the #1 cause of any bad thoughts at CMT should step down and lisen to the little guys of this world. and I've pointed this out to Masterz so many times, the SL beam needs to have a fast hite, kill time, at the end the guy got hit by the laser, and with in half of the time it takes to kill some one with CMT's SL, Bungie's kills the player.

rossmum
February 15th, 2007, 02:54 AM
The BR, in my opinion, looks gay.
You saw it come onto a male BR? :rolleyes:

You and me both.

you know CMT isn't that bad of a team if they all work together as a team, and the person who is the #1 cause of any bad thoughts at CMT should step down and lisen to the little guys of this world. and I've pointed this out to Masterz so many times, the SL beam needs to have a fast hite, kill time, at the end the guy got hit by the laser, and with in half of the time it takes to kill some one with CMT's SL, Bungie's kills the player.
Hi; this thread is about Halo 3 weapons. Not CMT.

Is it just me, or is the Spiker's recoil absolutely fucking massive?

Champ
February 15th, 2007, 07:59 AM
It looks the same as dual smgs were in Halo 2.

Masterz1337
February 15th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Uh... Who said we wanted our mod to be a clone of h3? That's why I didn't listen to you. And yes, believe it or not, we do work as a team and make decisions together. The CMT fanboying is getting old, we have a great fan made mod, the h3 stuff, is non comparable. Bungies > CMT. Fact.

Anyway, on topic, I love the fact there will be a h1ish pistol in H3. I am disapointed in the SL, it looks like a realy lame weapon. Also not a big fan of the HUD they have in it either.

Edit: If I remember atty, you were my bitch back when we started work on the first coag -_-. What was your old AIM name?

Stealth
February 15th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Uh... Who said we wanted our mod to be a clone of h3? That's why I didn't listen to you. And yes, believe it or not, we do work as a team and make decisions together. The CMT fanboying is getting old, we have a great fan made mod, the h3 stuff, is non comparable. Bungies > CMT. Fact.
no one did, I'm just saying that if you land the laser on a vehicle, it needs to have a quicker death, dosen't have to be as fast as Bungies, just so people have a better chance at killing a vehilce before the person is ran over by some one else. and why are you replying to me, and you're being an ass, stop it. the day that I was playing dead never happened, got it. and Ok so your team does talk a little with each other, I'll stop saying that you don't talk with your team, and they don't talk to each other. The Fanboy act ended when I posted the Brute Spiker video, and I'm slowly learning that yes, I'm not a fucking mod, and yes I'm not on the team, and I'll never be on the team. I stoped trying to get on the CMT team a long time ago.

Anyway, on topic, I love the fact there will be a h1ish pistol in H3. Also not a big fan of the HUD they have in it either.
I'm very happy to see that they put the Halo 1 pistol in there too, and the HUD is too KIVS, I don't like it.

Champ
February 15th, 2007, 03:56 PM
It's not the fucking halo 1 pistol, ffs.

Elite Killa
February 15th, 2007, 05:22 PM

You and me both.

Completely unnecessary...

Yeah, the pistol doesn't even act like the Halo 1 pistol. In fact, it looks less powerful in my opinion.

Dole
February 15th, 2007, 05:55 PM

Yeah, the pistol doesn't even act like the Halo 1 pistol. In fact, it looks less powerful in my opinion.
Completely unnecessary? Not true, the BR looks awesome.
And of course they toned down the pistol, you goof.

CtrlAltDestroy
February 15th, 2007, 06:32 PM

... Elite Killa, by that logic, you're also implying that your initial comment that triggered rossmum's response was "even more" unnecessary. :rolleyes:

Elite Killa
February 15th, 2007, 06:49 PM
The sniper doesn't really need that huge screen. It doesn't look of use and it looks awful.

Assault Rifle needs a better positioning and a new reload animation. Something different for a change. Other than that, looks kick ass!

teh lag
February 15th, 2007, 06:56 PM
The AR is using halo 2's battle rifle animations as placeholders.

Elite Killa
February 15th, 2007, 06:58 PM
^I knew that. I just want to see something on the AR that isn't from Halo 1 or Halo 2, that's all.

Terry
February 15th, 2007, 07:04 PM

You and me both.

No. It looks like something exploded in his face tbh. Its like some white flash before his screen suddenly goes up.

Pooky
February 15th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Completely unnecessary? Not true, the BR looks awesome.
And of course they toned down the pistol, you goof.

The BR looks like you could fucking stab someone with the barrel. It's too long.

Dole
February 15th, 2007, 09:10 PM
The sniper doesn't really need that huge screen.
It's the Halo 2 screen with night vision. :/

The BR looks like you could fucking stab someone with the barrel. It's too long.
I could fucking (no pun intended) stab someone with my massive dick, but that can't be too long. >_>

ExAm
February 15th, 2007, 10:13 PM
I like everything I see in the video. The sniper's screen is obviously a placeholder until they get the screen working right. Off topic, CMT's SL needs more FOOM and less prolonged sizzle. It's a single burst weapon, not a continuous fire weapon.

Atty
February 15th, 2007, 10:23 PM
The spiker's recoil is about the same as the SMGs just the player isn't bothering to control it (which whether you realize it or not you do when you shoot it) which makes it look huge.

rossmum
February 16th, 2007, 12:23 AM

What Leet said. You're in no position to say that, I think. :rolleyes:

And as for the BR barrel... longer barrel = more accuracy? Maybe, maybe not... either way, I can think of plenty of similar rifles with 'long' barrels. M16A1, anyone?

Reaper Man
February 16th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Personally, I love the new battle rifle, I never really took a liking to the one in Halo 2.

ExAm
February 16th, 2007, 09:40 AM
That barrel's not longer, the gun is at a different angle in first person than it was in Halo 2. You can see more of the barrel.

Dole
February 16th, 2007, 03:09 PM
No, it really is longer.
You just have to look at the pictures that have been out for about four months now, it has pretty much doubled in length.

Personally, I love the new battle rifle, I never really took a liking to the one in Halo 2.
Yup. Now it looks and feels like a precision-tailored long range combat rifle.

IPBJT!
February 16th, 2007, 03:45 PM
You can clearly see that the BR barrel is longer in the Snowbound screenshot on Bungie.net

Chief117
February 16th, 2007, 05:38 PM
What Leet said. You're in no position to say that, I think. :rolleyes:

And as for the BR barrel... longer barrel = more accuracy? Maybe, maybe not... either way, I can think of plenty of similar rifles with 'long' barrels. M16A1, anyone?
It IS longer, but Bungie claims that the battle rifle has not changed no matter how different it looks. but then again it could always change..