PDA

View Full Version : [STEAM] God Bless Steam : Wicked deal inside

Bodzilla
June 7th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Red Orchestra is a game Rossmum has been fapping to for nearly as long as i've known him and it's available on steam right now for $5
75% off, so get it.

I Love steam, i honestly do, the price of things is not just acceptable it's awesome. to put it into perspective the OJ box in australia costs $100.
and so does just about every new release game, i think GTA4 is about $125
so it's jsut an absolute fucking joke.

but these same things i can buy on steam for $40.

For the first time i think i'm actually happy buying games.

flibitijibibo
June 7th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Steam > DVDs, the unnecessarily huge fucking cases for them, and CD keys that get cracked within the week anyway.

Steam is one of those things where I really wish they were a monopoly. Because I have 2 PCs (desktop and laptop), it's way less of a bitch to just sign in to my account and DL the game I need rather than dragging the DVDs around like I have to for most of my other games (fuck you Games for Windows).

Zeph
June 7th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Steam is amazing. Ever since they've opened up their services to third party titles, such as Eve Online, they've gotten even better.

Anyways, I have 88 cents in my checkings account, so I cant get it.

Bodzilla
June 7th, 2008, 11:30 PM
i dont want them to become a monopoly, that just means that they'll be the ones putting the prices up in time.

Bodzilla
June 7th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Whats your steam account zeph, i'll buy it for ya if ya want?

i mean it's 5 bucks. i pay twice that for lunch.

Sever
June 7th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Even though the lack of dvd cases is great, I still bought the Orange Box in DVD format (it was my first Steam game, so I had no idea other than the basic concept behind steam), and I'm glad i did. The DVD case is fucking ORANGE. ITS AN ORANGE BOX █! Also, can I have a free game too? lol.

NuggetWarmer
June 7th, 2008, 11:59 PM
I can has free game? :3

ultama121
June 8th, 2008, 12:54 AM
I Love steam, i honestly do, the price of things is not just acceptable it's awesome. to put it into perspective the OJ box in australia costs $100.
and so does just about every new release game, i think GTA4 is about $125
so it's jsut an absolute fucking joke.

but these same things i can buy on steam for $40.
You might as well buy the Valve complete pack and get 6,000x worth your money.
Also, NO TAKING ADVANTAGE OF UBER KINDNESS FOR YOU(S). Lawl.
E:

I can has free game? :3
K, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_free_games .

Dr Nick
June 8th, 2008, 05:33 AM
Just bought it this morning, can't wait to play it!

MNC
June 8th, 2008, 08:14 AM
<3 Steam, for the most part.

DaneO'Roo
June 8th, 2008, 08:49 AM
I don't like steam at all for some reason :/

Whenever I use the pc's at the internet cafe in between lunch breaks at college, IT seriously takes me like 12 years to play a game through steam. I like just clicking on icons and my game being there, rather than having shit running in the background. Thats' why play fucking quake 3 or freaking battlefield 1942 rather than counterstrike or dod.

I mean, sure as a client thing, its cool, but to have to run games through it, no. I like max performance in games thanks, and I have enough shit running on my PC all the time as it is.

Jelly
June 9th, 2008, 01:51 AM
Ossum, just got Garry's Mod and RO for $super-cheap.

Kornman00
June 9th, 2008, 05:31 AM
I mean, sure as a client thing, its cool, but to have to run games through it, no. I like max performance in games thanks, and I have enough shit running on my PC all the time as it is.
They would have you blame pirates for having such wrapper crap but the real reason is...

grape eating monkies

fucking nonconformists

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/7641/starens3.png

Timo
June 9th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Are the prices listed in the currency of the country you're in, or in USD?

Reaper Man
June 9th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Whats your steam account zeph, i'll buy it for ya if ya want?

i mean it's 5 bucks. i pay twice that for lunch.
Nonono, buy it for me (as a belated birthday present amirite?)

Bodzilla
June 9th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Are the prices listed in the currency of the country you're in, or in USD?
USD, but the american dollar sucks at the moment
so

GO AUSTRALIA :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bodzilla
June 9th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Nonono, buy it for me (as a belated birthday present amirite?)
how many Graphics tablets you got?
thought so.

Quiet rich boy.

only broken uni bums allowed >:U

Jelly
June 9th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Please tell me a reticule appears at some point ;_;

legionaire45
June 9th, 2008, 09:43 AM
If anybody doesn't want to take the dive before spending a whopping $5 on RO, I have a guest pass if anybody wants it.

MNC
June 9th, 2008, 02:51 PM
If anybody doesn't want to take the dive before spending a whopping $5 on RO, I have a guest pass if anybody wants it.:awesome: sign me up

Limited
June 9th, 2008, 02:55 PM
£2.50? Even cheaper than a pint! Probably will buy. Although I do love having the DVD cases.

UK DVD cases are slim as hell, what do you mean they are big and bulky?

Amit
June 9th, 2008, 02:55 PM
I think I'll buy it just because I buy anything cheaper than $15 on Steam if it's worth $20 or more. I think I may have had a Trial period to play before but I don't recall actually getting into a battle. Since it's got tanks that you can drive I'll buy it anyways.

SON OF A FUCKING BITCH! THE OFFER IS FUCKING OVER. MY LIFE IS THUS OVER:suicide:

Botolf
June 9th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Steam Cloud is going to rock my socks.

Reaper Man
June 10th, 2008, 07:10 AM
how many Graphics tablets you got?
thought so.

Quiet rich boy.

only broken uni bums allowed >:U
Only one :saddowns: (well, I have access to 2 others in my house, but stfu).

Amit
June 10th, 2008, 03:30 PM
well, I have access to 2 others in my house, but stfu).

Well there you go lol. Somebody gift this to me and I'll buy you Audiosurf or something!:smith: I only got like $16 left in my PayPal account so I can't get RO :(

SteamID: Amit9821 for donors :)

Pooky
June 10th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Please tell me a reticule appears at some point ;_;

No. Also, already have this game D:

It's kind of funny that something as shitty as Steam was at launch has grown into something so awesome. Though I agree with Dane that I would rather be able to close that shit while I'm actually playing.