PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Rearranging Sections

STLRamsFan
June 11th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Sometimes I feel scrolling past sections that have been minimized just to get to the ones you want can be a bit annoying. I thought that maybe being able to rearrange sections to the way you like them would be pretty useful. Kind of like facebook (for those who do have them).
I feel this would be a nice little feature to add to the forums. Not really a must but would be pretty useful.

Sel
June 11th, 2008, 03:55 PM
What she said.

Zeph
June 11th, 2008, 03:59 PM
As far as I know, that would require a change made by vBulliten themselves. In the admin panel when you're setting up a board, you give each board a number. That number is a display priority and determines what order which the various sections are displayed. This keeps problems from arising when people don't have permissions to view certain sections.

I know how you feel having to scroll past soo much. On H2V, the moderator section was at the bottom. After a week of scrolling down to get to it, we moved it up to the top.

We've organized the boards to how we felt the most traffic would be at the top. Steam has such an immense user-base, those titles were naturally to come first. Since the community was based on Halo, it was next. Unreal might have more active people than Crysis, but we still haven't implemented a theme for it so it's off to the side.

The only thing I can suggest is registering at vBulliten's website and posting the suggestion there. They've taken a fancy to social networking and if you say "like facebook" or something, then they'll probably listen to you.

p0lar_bear
June 11th, 2008, 04:51 PM
I have user-reorganizable forums set as a future rollout, but at the rate I code, it'll probably be included with the purchase of Duke Nukem Forever.

It's entirely possible, but it'll be a bitch and a half. %-)