PDA

View Full Version : tool problem

Dr Jaul
February 15th, 2007, 04:44 PM
for the past 3 weeks tool++ has been doing this weird crash where it said it couldn't load resources from the resource file, check your setup. and when I compile it again it said

building intermediate geometry

choose a shader type for "02-default"
1. shader model
2. shader environment
it prints nine options I dont remember all of them

and it prints that an infinite number of times

what the hell does it mean

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
February 15th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Stop using Tool++ to compile models or BSP's. There, problem fixed.

Dr Jaul
February 16th, 2007, 11:55 PM
well when I try it in the command prompt version it just straight up cant find find the jms file. and trust me I have the right directory... is there a way to configure the pathway? for some reason when I put in the directory data\levels\test\tutorial\jmsfiles it adds an extra data to the begining and an extra jmsfiles to the end. if I could just get the pathway to start at the data folder, I would be all set.

Btd69
February 17th, 2007, 01:02 AM
You don't need to add 'data', it assumes you are already in that folder.

Oh, and when you set up your materials in 3ds max, write down the names you put for each subsection. Then when you make shaders, save them as the names you wrote down, and save them to your tags folder. Make sure you make your shaders before you compile your .jms scenario, or model, or vehicle; or whatever you make that has custom textures.

In saying that, if you ever use a texture from Halo, the shaders are usually already made in the tags folder, so just make the material name the same as the texture you have used.