PDA

View Full Version : [HUD] Halo 2 HUD for Halo CE

p0lar_bear
February 16th, 2007, 03:00 AM
INFORMATION
This archive contains a set of tags that will change the default Halo Heads-Up Display (HUD) into a replica of Halo 2's SPARTAN-II HUD. These tags will only work with the Halo: Custom Edition game, and are not indended for Halo XBox, Halo PC, or Halo 2 (which would be rather pointless). Please note that this will only affect maps YOU create; the HUD on existing maps will remain unchanged.

This HUD is OPEN SOURCE. I have included my source image files so you may freely modify and learn from them. The .TIF files are files ready to be compiled by Tool into .bitmap tags, and the .PNG files are Macromedia Fireworks files. I have also included a .PSD file that makes making new weapon icons easier.

Changes:

* Halo 2 HUD Replica; tagged to not interfere with the stock tagset.
* Customized HUD item message strings.
* Flag cloth physics are less elastic; flag doesn't stretch out as far when moving quickly.
* New font for player list, game rules, and postgame carnage report.
* Flag makes pickup sound like in Halo 2.
* HUD counts flamethrower canisters instead of fuel units; to match this, the flamethrower wastes whatever rounds are left in the canister when reloaded. To counteract this, you may now carry 10 fuel canisters instead of 8.
* Flag and oddball removed from cheat weapon spawn.
* New scope zoom for the sniper.

SPECIAL THANKS

* LIGHTNING - A super-duper-special thanks to Lightning for getting me started on this project. Also thanks for modding Coagulation's lightmaps to make the Halo 2 HUD easier to trace and imitate.
* MASTERZ1337 - Thanks for seeing this project through to its initial "release" in CMT's campaign, as well as helping me understand how the various hud_interface tags worked.
* L33T - Thanks for offering some pointers on hud_interface modification.
* My testers, who were listed above, as well as:
o The CMT Team, all past and present members
o Timo
o M808B
o Storm
o My uncle

Also thanks to anyone that helped me with this; it's been a long time since I started this, and quite a few people had helped me out. I apologize if I forgot to list you. :)

------------

Before anyone asks, everything you see here is CUSTOM MADE. No content or tags were ripped from Halo 2.

Please, please, pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease read the enclosed readme.html before you do anything.

http://files.filefront.com/Halo_2_HUD_for_Halo_CE/;6754312;;/fileinfo.html

If you would like to try out the HUD without making a whole new map for it, I modified Sidewinder to use it, for testing purposes.

http://files.filefront.com/HUDwinder/;6754334;;/fileinfo.html

------------

And now for some pics.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/p0lar_bear/Halo/HUD1.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/p0lar_bear/Halo/HUD2.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/p0lar_bear/Halo/HUD3.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/p0lar_bear/Halo/HUD4.jpg

Btd69
February 16th, 2007, 04:26 AM
Nice man. I've actually wanted a different HUD for CE for a long time; any change is nice - and this looks pretty good :D

+rep!

Hurrvish
February 16th, 2007, 10:15 AM
looks awesome
+rep

HDoan
February 16th, 2007, 11:05 AM
how do we make health bars o.O theres only a tut for cross hair, and pickup icon

Limited
February 16th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Nice idea but kinda old? Radar looks like the one from first cmt coag map which is like a year old.. Plus h2 style huds are kinda boring now because h3 is soon ;)

Good job though, open source ftw

p0lar_bear
February 16th, 2007, 11:42 AM
how do we make health bars o.O theres only a tut for cross hair, and pickup icon

Also for an ammo meter. All HUD meters operate in the same fashion.

Nice idea but kinda old? Radar looks like the one from first cmt coag map which is like a year old..
Trust me, it's not. Play a game with the radar off.

Stealth
February 16th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Hey Polar, what is the name of the font used for the HUD? and where can I find it?

p0lar_bear
February 16th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Conduit

Stealth
February 16th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Oh, thanks, I've been looking for that font.

rossmum
February 16th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Looks great!

Masterz1337
February 16th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Awsoem job. Btw, You have the round scope on the Sniper Rifle, from the Spec ops rifle we had in CMT, might wana change that :X.

[MT]Slayer
February 16th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Cool! So is this the redone CMT_Sidewinder? or not? Or is this just a testing for the HUD???

Stealth
February 16th, 2007, 09:44 PM
now, it is not a CMT sidewinder, that isn't CMT's gfxs, it may look like CMT's HUD, but it isn't.

Masterz1337
February 16th, 2007, 10:05 PM
That is the old CMT HUD, a halo 2 HUD made by polar bear, which was in SPV1. Polar is releasing his H2/CMT HUD. We made a new HUD, because Polar's while awsome, is not practicle for us.

Limited
February 16th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Trust me, it's not. Play a game with the radar off.

That is the old CMT HUD, a halo 2 HUD made by polar bear, which was in SPV1. Polar is releasing his H2/CMT HUD. We made a new HUD, because Polar's while awsome, is not practicle for us.
Hmm yah? Its old cmt radar

p0lar_bear
February 17th, 2007, 12:02 AM
I thought you were saying that this was from the first ever Coag release. Which it is not. This is the Halo 2 HUD used for CMT's campaign V1, edited and optimized for public use with stock tags.

I'm going to clear this up right here:
YES, THIS IS THE CMT HUD. I CREATED IT. IF YOU READ THE "THE TEAM" SECTION OF THE CMT SITE, YOU'D NOTICE THAT I AM IN THERE, STATING AS SUCH.

[MT]Slayer
February 17th, 2007, 01:01 AM
so, when is the next CMT map (s) going to be released? we need to expect a date or something....

Love De Lux
February 17th, 2007, 02:55 AM
Awesome job. :XD:

+rep

Mirrored @ Orange's server (http://perso.orange.fr/ch0c/halo2_hud_release.rar)

AiRgUItaR901
February 17th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Wow, this was really great actually! Very easy to play with, nice work!

TheGhost
February 19th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Wow, awesome! It's always nice to see content be released by itself so that others can use it. Sharing is great. Nice work, p0lar!

Mr Buckshot
March 4th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Wait, are you saying that this will modify the HUD for any CE map that I play into the CMT HUD?

p0lar_bear
March 4th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Please note that this will only affect maps YOU create; the HUD on existing maps will remain unchanged.

Mr Buckshot
March 5th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Whoops, sorry, I was dead tired.

However, I recall that Syuusuke once posted a screenshot of Halo PC single player, and the HUD was altered a little for all levels at all times. Can this be done with your H2 HUD?

p0lar_bear
March 5th, 2007, 01:35 AM
Nope. Altering the map in any way messes with the CRC, making it unplayable against anyone else unless you give them the map. Halo PC doesn't check the CRC of the map, that's why PC gets modded so much, and CE doesn't.

Mr Buckshot
March 5th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Would it be possible to inject this HUD into Halo PC then?

p0lar_bear
March 5th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Not to my knowledge, unless you have HMT/HHT plugins that can read/edit wphi, unhi, grhi, hudg, and hud# tags. Then you could convert and inject the bitmaps, and edit the tag settings to match mine.

flood
March 6th, 2007, 04:47 PM
awsome hud!!!:)

[MT]Slayer
March 15th, 2007, 06:31 PM
maybe there is a HMT/HHT application that could do that.

Xehsin
March 15th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Now that is great! +rep :)

keilg2
May 9th, 2007, 03:19 PM
a nice trick would be if someone could make a halo ce tag that makes it so that you don't have to deal with health, just sheilds (i dont mean hide the health from the HUD) like it really is in halo 2

IPBJT!
May 9th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Nice bump.

Darkbiship
May 9th, 2007, 06:15 PM
that looks really good compared to some of the others I've seen I'm gonna put it in my first map

p0lar_bear
May 9th, 2007, 06:27 PM
a nice trick would be if someone could make a halo ce tag that makes it so that you don't have to deal with health, just sheilds (i dont mean hide the health from the HUD) like it really is in halo 2

Then simply go into h2_cyborg.unit_hud_interface and unreference the bitmaps in the health meter section.

:eng101:

bleach
May 9th, 2007, 06:38 PM
can u make the HUD work with H2_Coag (ripped =3) tags and bitmaps and all that sorts? (this question sounds stupid, cuz i can't really mod HCE)

Explanation: (the reason i'm asking this is because i have a friend making a map called "The Great War v3", i'm trying to get him to have all of those ripped weapons and with the H2_HUD without health [an AI map] on a modified bloodgulch) offtopic sorta...

Aklass
May 9th, 2007, 06:41 PM
theres an area in default.globals i believe just delete the health bitmap in thier problems solved and this thread is old dont bump

p0lar_bear
May 9th, 2007, 07:15 PM
can u make the HUD work with H2_Coag (ripped =3) tags and bitmaps and all that sorts? (this question sounds stupid, cuz i can't really mod HCE)Read the readme. This HUD is for maps YOU create. If you'd like to attempt injecting these tags into a map, go ahead, and good luck; you'll need it, because it's damn near impossible as far as I know.

theres an area in default.globals i believe just delete the health bitmap...Wrong.

Then simply go into h2_cyborg.unit_hud_interface and unreference the bitmaps in the health meter section.:eng101:

...this thread is old dont bumpUh, this is a release thread, which is different than a normal thread. People can use this to post questions, comments, or additions to the release. Bumping is allowed as long as you have something useful to contribute besides "lol dongs."

Aklass
May 9th, 2007, 07:37 PM
lol i havent modded in a while