PDA

View Full Version : Asterisk Finsihed

Higuy
June 16th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Hey its done!
The map took me about 6 months to finish. Only because I had scrapped into 3 months done and then picked it back up. There are also 2 easter eggs for you too find :D
Maniac out did him self and made me a ground to put in the map. CaSs also helped me find gliches in the map to.
Id like to thank the following:
Maniac
JoshFlighter
CaSs
Selentic
STW vulcan
Sandman444
Thunderbolt
Yokan
OH and CLS grunt Sorry I forgot you man.
Heres some screenshots:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/showbizfluffy/3way.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/showbizfluffy/3way2.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/showbizfluffy/3way3.jpg
I'll have a link up soon for download, and I already uploaded it to halomaps.
And once again, I'd like to thank everyone for helping and halomaps for hosting the file.
Heres the link,
http://files.filefront.com/Asteriskzip/;10667438;/fileinfo.html

PenGuin1362
June 16th, 2008, 01:52 PM
That actually looks fairly well done. Fits the games design very well.

Gwunty
June 16th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Very well done :D +rep

ICEE
June 16th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I was a little bummed that the top of the map wasn't modeled but hey I guess it didn't need to be. Nice map

Sel
June 16th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Lol, too bad you didnt do anything to the tunnel, the straight line shit was kinda lame, otherwise, worked out quite nicely.

Higuy
June 16th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Meh I know. Hey at least I added those Field Generators so you cound'nt get sniped directly from the other side in the base.

Ki11a_FTW
June 16th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Job well done.

supersniper
June 16th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Downloading :D

Limited
June 17th, 2008, 02:43 AM
Looks pretty decent, from the top picture it looks REALLY small, is it pretty small?

I found one easter egg, time to find the other.

Higuy
June 17th, 2008, 09:32 AM
No its, not that small, i'd say medium.

Apoc4lypse
June 17th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Hmm, haven't played it online yet, but its nicely done, simple about the size of beaver creek I'd say, but with a radically different design, a mix of dangercanyon, and immure, maybe deathisland..

I actually think it could have been better though, if it was slightly bigger, maybe some extra stuff, hallways inside could have been taller. (for future knowledge, its nice being able to jump with out your head hitting the ceiling)

As for the modeling, its decent, its textured and "shadered" nicely though.

My only real complaint is your method for modeling cliffs, or at least the way these are. I like how you started to add some different rock formations, but some of it seems like, its square, but it probably has to do with the top of the cliffs because when you see the top of them they just seem off, and pointy.

Other then that gr8 job, keep mapping, the design is cool, the layout seems promising to me, but I haven't actually played on it yet, I'll let you know what I think about how it plays when I actually play it. Seems like a good idea though, almost like a forerunner fort of some kind built into the rocks (which is why I mentioned you probably could have added some more stuff).

xtremestunt
June 17th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Sweet and interesting map dude! Oh and I like your fredfred burger dp!

ima_from_America
June 18th, 2008, 04:30 PM
I really like this map, though those Forerunner control panel things look odd just floating there, and the side entrances would look better if they weren't just a big hole in the side of the cliff.

Bastinka
June 18th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Very nice, I like the overall design and 'flow' of the map!

Keep it up ;)
+rep

Heathen
June 19th, 2008, 08:26 AM
I like it.

korori
June 19th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Nice, Alot better than what i have been seeing on halomaps.org (to many mods of others maps)

Evil_Monkey
June 21st, 2008, 12:58 PM
Looks and plays great Higuy, the only thing i dislike are the tunnels are not high enough like others have said.

Overall good map

killer9856
June 21st, 2008, 04:35 PM
Looks nice. gj

Rutamin
June 29th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I like it. Nice job, Higuy.
And I found one secret... ;)