PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Paranoid and Kryptonite

k4is3rxkh40s
June 18th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Well, I thought I may as well post something and try to get some crit on here

G76D8Y4qkLI
Im the guy with Zakk Wylde style painted guitar

Ive only been playing seriously for about a year now, and I know I messed up the solo, its too short(this was just for the sake of time and repetivity seeing as no one was singing), and I played the intro too fast for Paranoid, while with Kryptonite I lost tempo a couple times and played it a bit different to help out the singer. Ill be re-recording a version of just me playing soon seeing as school finally got out today, so I'll have more time

Crits/Comments?

Bad Waffle
June 18th, 2008, 04:23 PM
lol, what was up with the teacher at the beginning telling everybody to be quiet?

I think you need to find a singer. Also something that's important--everybody is staring at their instrument. You know the songs. Try moving around to the songs, at least. Give the people a reason to LOOK at the stage. But i gotta say, it is awesome when you get together with friends and make musical fusion :o

You've been playing for a year? whats the most technical piece you've ever played?

I just realized i've been playing since march, and i'm already playing most of my favorite songs T_T

Boba
June 18th, 2008, 04:35 PM
How is it that I've been playing since November and you're still better than me, Whale? D:

Bad Waffle
June 18th, 2008, 06:55 PM
boba, i play like 5 hours a day. Its its been like that since i started playing :D

k4is3rxkh40s
June 18th, 2008, 08:09 PM
lol, what was up with the teacher at the beginning telling everybody to be quiet?

I think you need to find a singer. Also something that's important--everybody is staring at their instrument. You know the songs. Try moving around to the songs, at least. Give the people a reason to LOOK at the stage. But i gotta say, it is awesome when you get together with friends and make musical fusion :o

You've been playing for a year? whats the most technical piece you've ever played?

I just realized i've been playing since march, and i'm already playing most of my favorite songs T_T

Yeah, it was my first time ever on a stage, so I kinda got nervous and just stared down at the guitar, and didnt move around like I had practiced. And technical as in what sense? Like fast(Slash/Zakk Wylde?) or as in like "talking"(Santana?) Because for the most part I can play through a lot of the Black Sabbath, Guns N' Roses, and AC/DC solos along with most of Carlos Santana's stuff

Bad Waffle
June 18th, 2008, 08:55 PM
well, black sabbath as in randy rhoad's work, or something.

I mean like, the most technically difficult song you've ever played.

And yea, first time on stage doing ANYTHING sucks. I got over stage fright with lots of school plays :p

Corndogman
June 18th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Ive been playing guitar for like 6 years, but only seriously for like 2. I got over stage fright a long time ago, playing guitar/bass in front of my church and such. I played in a guitar ensemble at school this past year too. I wouldn't say I'm "good" though.

Besides whats already been stated, my only complaint is with the guy in the front. IT seems more like hes "hitting" the strings instead of strumming them. doesn't really have a smooth flow to it, its just a repetitive banging of the top strings.

thehoodedsmack
June 18th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Bad singer. Also, nothing is cooler than wasting the audience's time with mic-checks and equipment-fumbling. In all seriousness though, keep at it. In time, you shall do great things.

k4is3rxkh40s
June 18th, 2008, 10:20 PM
well, black sabbath as in randy rhoad's work, or something.

I mean like, the most technically difficult song you've ever played.

And yea, first time on stage doing ANYTHING sucks. I got over stage fright with lots of school plays :p

Well, the first thing that comes to mind is Sweet Child O' Mine :\

Ive been playing guitar for like 6 years, but only seriously for like 2. I got over stage fright a long time ago, playing guitar/bass in front of my church and such. I played in a guitar ensemble at school this past year too. I wouldn't say I'm "good" though.

Besides whats already been stated, my only complaint is with the guy in the front. IT seems more like hes "hitting" the strings instead of strumming them. doesn't really have a smooth flow to it, its just a repetitive banging of the top strings.

Yeah, in the process of moving the amps on-stage something happened and his gain got turned almost all the way down and his volume higher and didnt bother fixing it, so his ended up overpowering mine with it, along with that he wasn't palm-muting

Bad singer. Also, nothing is cooler than wasting the audience's time with mic-checks and equipment-fumbling. In all seriousness though, keep at it. In time, you shall do great things.

Yeah, it was a concert for my guitar class and there was limited space and all that and as I said above just so we could hurry up and get through playing, we didnt fix the singer's amp. The video doesn't do much justice to him though, it sounded a lot better in person.

Limited
June 19th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Ok dude in middle needs to stop strumming so loudly, it spoiled the guitar solo on paranoid. All I could hear was him wacking away at the strings.

Also, did they put the chairs away?

Kalub
June 24th, 2008, 02:17 AM
Can I be embarrassed for you, mostly because of the singer............

DOMINATOR
June 24th, 2008, 09:54 PM
GET A DRUMMER and dump the singer/rhythm guitarist.