PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion Zelda Modding Group (OZMG) Official Thread

Moses
June 19th, 2008, 12:06 AM
This is going to be the official thread for all updates on our Zelda based mod for "Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion" unless we can get an Oblivion modding section added to the forums which I highly doubt. Anyway, at the moment I have nothing new to post and am kindly asking any moderator to lock our recruiting thread http://modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10311&page=5 . We are still looking for members to make levels both exterior and interior but I would like to keep the amount of threads open down to one. private message me if you want a spot. That's it for now.

Agnaiel
June 19th, 2008, 02:07 PM
You should be named the Zelda Oblivion Modding Group. (ZOMG!)

But, I've seen some of the stuff, and I have to say, it looks pretty good. I honestly like the Master Sword better with a black handle and guard than a purple one, though they both look good.

Moses
June 21st, 2008, 04:12 AM
We already thought about that but decided that it's close enough and if we actually changed it to that it'd be going a bit overboard. That black Mastersword btw is what the Mastersword will change into when your infamy rises above your fame by a certain amount. we're also going to have someone make a "Lightened Masterword" and "Lightened Heros Clothes" for when your fame rises above your infamy a certain amount. Also, I've removed all the things preventing the deity model from getting a nice rig and I've also lowered the poly count by about 500 or so. expect to see a link to an ingame youtube video sometime soon :-D

EDIT 1:

The Heros Bow model is finished, unwrapped, ingame, and animated with collision. Just need it textured. Terror made the brunt of it and i modified it to look just right and lower the poly count. It's 1080 polies. Quiver and Hylian Arrows are also done. Quiver is 898 polies and each arrow is 96. Also, I know the arrow should be bigger but because of the way it's held ingame I cant do anything about it. They're actually bigger than the other arrows by a little XD

http://images.wikia.com/zelda/images/0/05/Heros_bow_mini.jpg
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/6771/herosbowandquiveryy7.jpg
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/1446/herosbowandquiverwiredn4.jpg

Bad Waffle
June 21st, 2008, 02:34 PM
well, you could always try making the bow smaller, until its barely noticeable.

Moses
June 25th, 2008, 12:23 AM
well, you could always try making the bow smaller, until its barely noticeable.

Cant do that either. the handle fits in the players hand perfectly and the string does as well when he pulls back. besides, it'd only be noticeable when you look at the reference pic.

EDIT:

Test video is up. It only shows some of the stuff ingame but the stuff it's got is sure to entice you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2eepHaDd9k

Pooky
June 25th, 2008, 12:41 AM
I bet you're getting really sick of the Imperial Prison by now

Moses
June 26th, 2008, 04:59 PM
I bet you're getting really sick of the Imperial Prison by now

Yes I am:(. but I'm not going to show off Hyrule until there's a good amount to show.

EDIT:

I think you all know what this means ^.^

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1701/screenshot8wp8.jpg
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/8186/screenshot9el1.jpg
yea, I've finally gotten the fp to work *wootz*

Apoc4lypse
June 26th, 2008, 05:19 PM
fuken sick, nice work, looks so much better when the weapons arnt floating lolz, good job.

GingerBeast
June 27th, 2008, 08:11 PM
This looks awesome. I would rather have it Twilight Princess themed, but it's cool either way.

Moses
June 29th, 2008, 01:22 AM
This looks awesome. I would rather have it Twilight Princess themed, but it's cool either way.

actually it is TP themed in most of the weaponry and equipment such as the heros clothes. the hylian shield is TP themed for starters along with the bow and quiver. take a look at the old thread. it's link's in the first post on this page

EDIT:

Let me know if you all like my version of the Imbued Master Sword. It's not my design entirely so I wont use it in the mod unless I can get the permission of the creator of the reference I used. The normal Master Sword is in here for size reference.

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/8601/imbuedmasterswordio2.jpg

Anton
June 29th, 2008, 01:26 AM
I like, keep up the good work. I see what looks like an error on the bottom tip of the broadsword though. I can't really tell because I'm half asleep. but check it out anyway just to make sure. Talk to you on AIM.

Never mind, not an error.

Llama Juice
June 29th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Must spread reputation around before giving it to Moses again.

.... damnit.

looks great all except for that top right sword's base....

The part RIGHT ABOVE the handle looks extremely boring from this angle, and I'm assuming that's going to be pretty visable in FP. I'd touch that up and try to make it look a little more interesting.

Roostervier
June 29th, 2008, 07:09 AM
The problem is, that's how the master sword in Twilight Princess looks, llama. D:

Also, nice models moses.

Moses
June 29th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I STILL need to get this guy's permission to use these designs cause I'm just like that but here's some armor he made that I think would be epic as Imbued Heros Armor.

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2008/025/a/c/Vanguard____Link__by_windlordofsuldor.jpg

He hasn't signed on in 2 days so far so I'll just work on something else until I can get a hold of him. Also, I can get the cape to work properly cause chains work with limp body physics correctly so I think I can rig a cape with a few bones and bhk movement constraints.

SuperSunny
June 29th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Holy...shit

That looks incredible

Moses
July 1st, 2008, 02:52 AM
windlordofsuldor:
looks sweet, Permission granted. if you could update me with your progress that would be cool. :-)

well it seems I've got permission to use his design:D. as soon as I get the sheath made for the imbued sword I'm going to start on the heroes clothes, work on getting the face made for the fierce deity(which involves "buying" a new program called facegen to get the facial animations made and yes, I found out I can do it for armor:D) and finally making the Imbued Heros Armor. the rest after that will be a secret for a while.

EDIT:

The Imbued Master Sword is done. changed the sword a little and made the sheath. The sheath is my own design but the little diamonds and stuff of the front are taken from, yet modified, versions of the ones on the Ocarina of Time scabbard.

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/958/imbuedmasterswordhb0.jpg

ICEE
July 1st, 2008, 02:54 AM
I love the utilization of the sheath's patterns. Also, it looks like the little diamond shaped protrusion is designed to clip the sword in. I like that

LinkandKvel
July 1st, 2008, 02:48 PM
I'm not sure if you guys discussed (which you probably have), but wouldnt the master sword sheath look better on his back?

Moses
July 1st, 2008, 03:15 PM
yes we have and yes it would. but oblivion's back weapons are all 2 handed weapons without a sheath. so it'd be getting rid of 2 very important things to keep one. it wouldnt allow you to use the hylian shield for one. The way it's set up in the engine makes it so the scabbard stays on the scb bone and doesnt attach to the sword when the sword is pulled out. that cant be duplicated for the back because it's a special property. there's also the problem of how he would pull it off his back when he does. if we set it to a 2 handed weapon and set it to attach to the backweapon bone it would not only use an animation where he pulls it from his side, but the sheath would also be attached AND because of it being in the wrong place it'll have the sword messed up in his hand. the animations also apply for EVERY weapon in that catagory in the game and new catagories cant be made so there's no chance of making new animations because it'd to do that for EVERY longsword in the game and that'd just be going too far.

i hope this clears it up for anyone else who is wondering cause tbh i've explained this many times and i'm not explaining it again. have a nice day :)

Apoc4lypse
July 1st, 2008, 07:27 PM
Nice work moses, like I said online, your pretty good and quick at modeling objects or anything of that nature with lots of details, I plan on getting oblivion soon, seems like it could be fun to mod with.

Moses
July 1st, 2008, 07:31 PM
thnx, I've also been wondering if I should make a tutorial but idk what modelling aspect I should make one on or if i should even make one to begin with. the main reason is because people say i model very differently from every one else. for starters I only use one viewport, user. and I use editable mesh over editable poly 95% of the time. I only use poly for things like cut, insert vertex, and create line. give me some feedback on what i should make and if i should make one.

LinkandKvel
July 1st, 2008, 07:37 PM
yes we have and yes it would. but oblivion's back weapons are all 2 handed weapons without a sheath. so it'd be getting rid of 2 very important things to keep one. it wouldnt allow you to use the hylian shield for one. The way it's set up in the engine makes it so the scabbard stays on the scb bone and doesnt attach to the sword when the sword is pulled out. that cant be duplicated for the back because it's a special property. there's also the problem of how he would pull it off his back when he does. if we set it to a 2 handed weapon and set it to attach to the backweapon bone it would not only use an animation where he pulls it from his side, but the sheath would also be attached AND because of it being in the wrong place it'll have the sword messed up in his hand. the animations also apply for EVERY weapon in that catagory in the game and new catagories cant be made so there's no chance of making new animations because it'd to do that for EVERY longsword in the game and that'd just be going too far.

i hope this clears it up for anyone else who is wondering cause tbh i've explained this many times and i'm not explaining it again. have a nice day :)

Okay that make sense. Sorry you had 2 go thru to explain to me. It's just that I haven't been to H2V.....i mean modacity in a long time and obviously missed alot of things. BTW Excellent job. Im a zelda fan myself if you didn't already guess by my name. This looks promising. Makes me wanna go buy oblivion and i would but it would probably commit homicide to my computer.

Moses
July 2nd, 2008, 06:15 AM
Okay that make sense. Sorry you had 2 go thru to explain to me. It's just that I haven't been to H2V.....i mean modacity in a long time and obviously missed alot of things. BTW Excellent job. Im a zelda fan myself if you didn't already guess by my name. This looks promising. Makes me wanna go buy oblivion and i would but it would probably commit homicide to my computer.

as long as you have a decent graphics card. the MINIMUM to run Oblivion without a patch is a Radeon 9500 graphics card(idk the minimum for any other types of cards). mine is a radeon 9250 so i use this patch to run it. Oldblivion (http://www.oldblivion.com/)

Alex The Hunter
July 2nd, 2008, 12:09 PM
good fery

Alex The Hunter
July 2nd, 2008, 11:16 PM
hay will you include Magic Armor PLEASE!!!!!!

Moses
July 3rd, 2008, 05:50 AM
everything that's been mentioned now is all that will be mentioned for a while. Whether or not there will be other tunics, or w/e is either not thought up yet or being kept a secret. so my answer is "Undisclosed".

Alex The Hunter
July 8th, 2008, 10:36 PM
when did this project start???

maschur1
July 10th, 2008, 11:31 AM
hi.my name is maschur and i,m from germany.my english is not bad ;) and i,m a zelda fan who works with cinema 4d ;) i,m a 3d artist...i, hope you can give me pls your icq numbre or the hompage...and i have a teamspeak if you want to talk =D yoou allowe me to join

Bastinka
July 10th, 2008, 12:14 PM
My god grammar down the shitter, sorry. Anyway sounds good hope you end up going far.

My one piece of advice, try to limit what you do in a short amount of time. Usually rushed things don't look great.

Moses
July 10th, 2008, 04:38 PM
icq, wow that brings me back lol. I'll need to get a new one but i'll give you a chance. btw, even if i rush things a little i still go back and make sure it's all working and looking correct. I'm working on the heros clothes in my spare time and in about 15 or so minutes I made the boots. i'm gonna work on the greaves and probably the gauntlets today. i'm off work. my hours are 9 pm to 4 am XD.

Bastinka
July 10th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Everybody works nowadays, damn parents and their 'responsibilities for car insurance'. :|

Anyway, can we have some pics?

Moses
July 10th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Sure, but tommorrow. I'm not gonna post a render of the textured base body wearing untextured green rubbery looking boots XD. I'm gonna get more done and post that. o and it'll be a clay like the rest

maschur1
July 10th, 2008, 05:02 PM
xD ^^ kk do you dont have a other contact way ? (sry for my englis h^^ ) if no pls send me a pm with your new icq number thanks mate =)

Moses
July 10th, 2008, 05:08 PM
i do have

AIM: Play4Phlx
Xfire: exelixis
MSN: Moses_of_Egypt@live.com
E-mail: Moses_of_Egypt@hush.ai

Hope that helps. i'm on aim roughly 90% of the time I'm on my pc, Xfire about 15%, MSN about 2% XD.

Alex The Hunter
July 10th, 2008, 10:41 PM
you have a long way to go my friend a long way but in the end it will look great

Moses
July 12th, 2008, 05:14 AM
I've decided to change a few things for this mod. Mainly that it won't be a floating island. instead, it'll be hyrule placed between OOT and WW (Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker). This will be a "Fan-canon" story to explain what happens to hyrule after OOT to turn it into the vast oceanic world it is in WW. If any of you would like to see what i can do as far as writing stories take a look at this.

Page 1: http://chief-01.deviantart.com/art/Before-the-Invasion-76216693
Page 2: http://chief-01.deviantart.com/art/Contact-91099209

It's a story I've been writing for a while in my spare time and as it says in the description it's only a detailed outline. Part 3 is going to be huge so it wont be up for quite a while.

EDIT: alright, this is a pretty big update as far as how this mod is going to work. I've decided to make it so this mod is a standalone mod. meaning that in order to play it you need to disable the original Oblivion.esm and any patches in order to play it(and for those of you who dont know, that's pretty easy to do). if we do it this way it will allow us to make just about everything custom. we can re-figure the skeleton to make the master sword go on his back, we can customize the power attacks for each upgrade so instead of a lunge you do something like the spin attack or a down stab jump, or the shield smack. we will be using the base animations for walking and stuff if possible but they will need to be edited(this means you get to do fp animations Ironclad :-) ). there's alot of possibilities this adds and it also makes it a much more canon mod. i just don't like the idea of bringing oblivions weapons to hyrule. just makes me cry inside :'( o and i just got off work today and finished the pants for the heros clothes. I'll start work on the gauntlets or cuirass soon.

Llama Juice
July 16th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Sounds crazy awesome.

I'm excited to see what can be done with the oblivion engine...

Moses
July 20th, 2008, 07:30 AM
ok, I've been hard at work at Kroger but I've been able to make some stuff in the time i've not been sleeping or working. one of them is a new mirrorshield. keep in mind this normal map isnt finished and will have a sun at the top and clouds parting of either side in the corners.

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/725/mirrorshieldhk1.jpg
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6393/mirrorshield2ax1.jpg

The heros clothes arent done yet and dont look that impressive either. i'll be posting them when the model's done.

Dutchman
July 20th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Hello modders, I´ve looked for people with the same idea as me for quite a while,
If i may ask did you allready put work in making the faces and hair of e.g zelda and link to put in oblivion or not?

I would like to help you in anyway possible.

Pooky
July 20th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Have you guys thought about not having the main character be Link at all, and instead having the player find the long lost uninhabited land of Hyrule, and the Hero's relics within it?

Perhaps you even try to rebuild the land of Hyrule by clearing out monster infested areas so people can settle in them, and become their ruler.

samnwck
July 20th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Wow that looks excellent, the models all look spot on, i can't wait to see some textured ingame pics.

Also i work for kroger too, well it's called Fry's where i live but kroger is the parent company and it sucks, no decent pay at all, can't wait to move up to cashier.

Moses
July 22nd, 2008, 06:09 AM
It was the original plan but then i started to think up a storyline for it. It's going to be pretty in depth and as long as the other zelda games, and for those of you who've read the first draft of the beginning of the story, I've changed quite a bit of it so it's not so boring. Also, I updated the pics of the mirrorshield a little. the hylian text says something but it's gibberish unless you have the correct font file. and as for you Dutchman, I've not put anything but weapons and some armor in. the faces havent been made yet but I'll work on those when I can get a copy of face gen and find the time to learn to use it. I can make faces and bipeds pretty well though. this is a clay render of my Megaman X6 Shadow Armor. http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs25/f/2008/160/5/f/Megaman_X6_Shadow_Armor_by_Chief_01.jpg
It's 3296 triangles, fully rigged, and fully unwrapped.

And here's a special render for those of you who would like to see a slightly more bad ass Megaman http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2967/megafingerno8.jpg

Heathen
July 22nd, 2008, 11:49 AM
Why megaman?A Halo CE Megaman mod would be rad...

Bastinka
July 22nd, 2008, 03:41 PM
Right leg, ankle the UV is messed up a bit.

Also, that's megaman?

PlasbianX
July 22nd, 2008, 03:46 PM
Right leg, ankle the UV is messed up a bit.

Also, that's megaman?

Its the shadow armor from megaman X6

Dutchman
July 22nd, 2008, 04:00 PM
I´m sorry if it´s allready answered, but will this be a mod, that uses a bit the storyline of zelda, so including princess zelda, maybe link and the usual things like the story around the mastersword the triforce and stuff, or will it only use a bit of the original Zelda storyline and go off that track futher?

Moses
July 22nd, 2008, 06:28 PM
first of all i know about that color fuk up. i just applied colors to the model and rendered it. that spot had the wrong color. Here's the UVW. and i was origonally planning on a Halo CE megaman x mod but i decided to wait for halo 2 vista to be cracked so it'd allow more.
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/9183/megamanpeltnq0.jpg

and as for Dutchman, i'm making the story for this. it'll use things from the origonal games and quite a bit of custom stuff. i'm making the story fit right between Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker.

Dutchman
July 28th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Is there allready something ready to use or do you just want to bring it all out the same time when the whole mod comes together, cause it probably will not be ready for a long time will it?

Don't know how far you are yet

ollithemagicbum
July 31st, 2008, 09:40 PM
this mods seems cool. moses, what 3d program are you using? i have lightwave.

Moses
July 31st, 2008, 11:38 PM
I use 3ds max 8. models can be converted between programs though. Also, I've been taking a break from 3d for a while to work on some other stuff, have some time to myself, and just relax with relatives. I'll be back to working on this in a while.

Apoc4lypse
August 1st, 2008, 12:45 PM
Cool, its looking good moses, haven't talked with you in a while I was away on vacation. Good to see your still making some progress though. :cool:

Moses
August 7th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Sigh. Allright, bad news. Between my 5 day a week night-shift job, sleep, and working on a very in-depth story of mine, i haven't been able to work on much more for the mod. Lately I've been unable to even so much as get 3ds max open before something comes up. I feel extremely stupid for saying this but I'm going to have to drop out. I'll be starting college sometime soon so that will kill any extra time I might have had anyway. If you guys wanna continue the project without me then let me know. I'll send you the models, the story though got overwritten when my brother richie was saving his psychology paper to my pc to work on it. I had it on the desktop -_- . Also, since plasbian has the most experience with modding Oblivion out of everyone on the team I'm giving him the spot if he wants it.

Heathen
August 7th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Saw this coming. Its a shame.

ARKaMAN
October 11th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Hey I was wondering if I could get my hands on the of the models you have done. I am looking to do the same thing you were trying to do.

I have already kinda done the same thing but in Halo Custom edition. But I would like to do it in Oblivion. thanks
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rym0VNyMu0s&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rym0VNyMu0s&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

neuro
October 12th, 2009, 04:03 AM
i can't help but think abour jahrain when i see this

reptiletc
June 23rd, 2010, 09:47 PM
i REALLY REALLY want to toy with these models

Inferno
June 23rd, 2010, 10:02 PM
This is pretty cool. Hope it goes somewhere unlike 99% of the mods out there.

Dwood
June 23rd, 2010, 11:37 PM
This is pretty cool. Hope it goes somewhere unlike 99% of the mods out there.

It's already gone nowhere. thread hasn't been updated since 2008.

ThePlague
June 24th, 2010, 12:54 AM
I think he ditched this for the halo mod.