PDA

View Full Version : What would you do in my situation?

Llama Juice
June 25th, 2008, 08:34 AM
So, about a month ago I got in an accident, the cop took away my (three days) expired license and my truck was broken...

I just got a call from the repair shop saying they're done with it, I still don't have a new licence (I was going to wait until I got home to get one so I didn't have to deal with getting one through the mail and whatnot...). I'm flying home in four days and I need an ID to fly. Since the cop took my card I don't have one...

The closest DMV is about 8.5 miles away (5.2KM) and the auto shop is about 3.6 miles away (2.24 KM). Point is, the only form of transportation I have right now is my roommate's bike. Would you go and pickup the truck even without a license? Also, would you then drive that truck down to the DMV to get a new ID? I realize that it seems silly to drive to the DMV to complain about an expired license but... they won't be like "oh how'd you get here?"

Anyhow, what would you do in my situation?

Tweek
June 25th, 2008, 08:35 AM
an hero

brb, ill read it now.

edit: well, i wouldnt have let my licence expire in the first place, so tough shit for you.
as for what i would do, you propably wouldnt get the truck along in the first place, because you dont have a licence. you can try though, just be willing to pay the price in case you get caught. (Again)

Limited
June 25th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Arent there any buses? Trains? Taxis?

I definitely wouldnt drive to the DMV place thats for sure.

Llama Juice
June 25th, 2008, 08:53 AM
@Tweek.
I argued with my license and told it not to expire but it wouldn't listen.

Also, I have an opportunity to get my picture taken for an ID here... what stupid thing should I do in the picture?

Tweek
June 25th, 2008, 09:08 AM
theres a guy here who has a photo of himself as the joker on his ID card (which actually follows all the strict legal demands for the photos)

www.nos.nl/nosjournaal/artikelen/2007/1/25/240107_joker.html (dutch page, but look at the images)

Llama Juice
June 25th, 2008, 09:13 AM
I think I'm just going to try to spike my hair or something (my hair is *rips a strand out and measures* 10 inches long.)

Limited
June 25th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Punk hair.

Hotrod
June 25th, 2008, 09:29 AM
If I were in your situation, I would first bike to the DMV to get a new license, then bike to go pick up the truck. Then, I would drive the truck to wherever you're staying. Don't break the law, since that will lead to bad consequences. Do what you think is right though, and judge the situation to see how dangerous it is to take the truck without a license.

Kornman00
June 25th, 2008, 11:54 AM
bike to repair shop, pickup truck, throw bike in the back, drive to parking lot across from DMV, throw out bike, hop on bike, pedal to DMV, splash bottle of water over head for extra points on the side of drama, park bike outside the DMV door, enter door, complain, get new license, get back to the truck, pick up some whores, ????, profit!!!

Llama Juice
June 25th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Well I just went and picked up my truck.

My dad said that if I get a Florida license my health insurance will skyrocket, so... breaking the law until I get a legit license isn't too bad. (4-5 days)

I also tried to spike my hair, it failed kinda... but... there'll be a video up shortly.

Kornman00
June 25th, 2008, 11:58 AM
My dad said that if I get a Florida license my health insurance will skyrocket, so...

but ur not old :confused2: :confused: :confused2: :confused:?!!

Zeph
June 25th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Do you not have any friends?

Tweek
June 25th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Well I just went and picked up my truck.

My dad said that if I get a Florida license my health insurance will skyrocket, so... breaking the law until I get a legit license isn't too bad. (4-5 days)

I also tried to spike my hair, it failed kinda... but... there'll be a video up shortly.

you're such a fucking camwhore.

Llama Juice
June 25th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Do you not have any friends?

Nope. I don't.

When I first moved down here I had all sorts of friends, but then they decide that they don't like Full Sail and go away. The few that are left have class every day during the hours that the DMV is open.

Also, @ Tweek

Yes, my friends and family back home always yell at me to make more videos. Hell, my old boss I had back home called me up the other day and said that she found my youtube account, said it was a neat way to keep in touch, and that the other employees at the store liked seeing the videos.

This video is going to be delayed a bit though, on account of the DMV being douches.

Tweek
June 25th, 2008, 02:18 PM
a camwhore who's being encouraged is still a camwhore

Llama Juice
June 25th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Did I deny it?

Tweek
June 25th, 2008, 02:37 PM
no, i'm merely restating, and reinforcing my opinion :3

Snowy
June 25th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I would personally take the bike, 3-5 miles isn't really that long, it shouldn't take you more then 30min to get to either of the places, unless their in opposite directions... Besides, riding your bike is exercise, exercise is good for you! :)

legionaire45
June 25th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I've used a scooter for 4 miles and I'm a fat fuck; biking that distance should be a piece of fucking cake.

Llama Juice
June 25th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Yea, 4 miles isn't what I was complaining about. It was the 17 mile trip to get a card that I could just as easily do with my truck.

Which, since I haven't had a Florida License before they need to see my birth certificate... which I didn't have with me. If I would have rode the bike there with my birth certificate... it wouldn't have ended well because it started raining when I got over there.

I'm not afraid of exercise or whatever you guys are thinking, hell I probably get more exercise than 84% of this forum's members. The point was just to give you the perspective of how far it is and how much of a headache it would have been to do without proper transportation.

nooBBooze
June 26th, 2008, 03:22 AM
Meh i'd say you should try it during rush hour. The chances of you getting catched will then be incredibly low. go for it.

rossmum
June 26th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Christ, I've walked further than that on a whim. I wouldn't have driven. It'd be a bitch, but I'd rather not put myself at risk of getting done for not having a license.

FlyingStone
June 26th, 2008, 07:29 AM
I could have had my license a while ago but I am playing it safe and driving with my permit for at least a good year. I am in no rush what so ever, my uncle is actually getting me a vehicle. However I hope to have enough cash by then so I can just get my own.

What kind of truck?

Apoc4lypse
June 26th, 2008, 04:28 PM
If I were in your situation, I would first bike to the DMV to get a new license, then bike to go pick up the truck. Then, I would drive the truck to wherever you're staying. Don't break the law, since that will lead to bad consequences. Do what you think is right though, and judge the situation to see how dangerous it is to take the truck without a license.

tbh I'd probably do this, but I live in a crappy town where everything is far apart and used to go on obnoxiously long bike rides just to get to places before I owned a car.

8 miles is nothing... trust me, try going like 10 miles only to get a flat tire... then having to walk all the way back.