PDA

View Full Version : [TAG] Phantom For Halo Custom Edition: Released.

CodeBrain
June 29th, 2008, 11:13 AM
9YCZ7KTUaQM

Phantom for Halo CE:Released!

Yes, this phantom is ready to go! It seems to be perfectly ready (for release that is) so I've decided to let it go out to the community.

This package includes the phantom, and it's features are:

Flies like a Covenant Dropship (or Spirit)
Three mounted turrets
Turrets are destructible
Turrets are DEADLY at close range
And, has a nice destroyed effect :awesome:

And, of course, the tags:

http://files.filefront.com/phantomrar/;10852807;/fileinfo.html

Enjoy them! It took a while, about a week just to get it right!

beele
June 29th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Very good job :)

Roostervier
June 29th, 2008, 12:16 PM
It looks like it doesn't have a multi map at all. :\

Try baking the bump and giving it a multi map and rerelease, or at the very least give it a multi map. It would look a lot better.

Ifafudafi
June 29th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Dammit it won't let me +rep you since I already did in your WIP thread. D:

Destructible turrets are also sexy, as is the grav lift.

Notable issues from the video: I could see the Grunts through the grav lift before deployment, and they still come out to the side, three/four at a time, as if from a Spirit. Also too much debris from the turret destruction; launching a single damaged turret model and a small bit of stock .garbage would be better, if possible. Also doesn't look like you put a reflection map on it, or at least not one that's notable. If you have H2V, you can extract the bitmaps directly from Halo 2 and use their multipurpose. Or, just take the base bitmap and color it redpurple, maybe adding a few scratches if you're feeling creative.
Also, when doing the MultiP map, color the lights green instead of redpurple; this will make them brighter than everything else.

Still, much win. I'm eager to see what else you'll come up with.

CodeBrain
June 29th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Beele: Thanks!

Rooster: Ill try doing that.

Mr. Ifa: Yeah, they use the spirits leaving animations because if I didnt change the seat name, I and people who downloaded it would have to change the scripts >_<

Higuy
June 30th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Nice looks good. Seems fun also.

Heathen
June 30th, 2008, 10:30 PM
That destroyed effect on the turrets is :/
And cant you make the grav lift thing like the pelicans landing legs? Only come out when close to land?
Or even how the flaps open on the old one? Just with the little grav thing?

demonmaster3k
July 1st, 2008, 05:32 AM
better yet, make it more authentic to halo 2/3. attach the grav lift as an attachment to the speed function in guerilla (it's pretty easy to do read the ghost boost tutorial if you have any problems only the shader portion is necessary.)

yankeezfan
July 1st, 2008, 06:07 PM
SUX

gordigo
July 1st, 2008, 07:28 PM
Great job! and yankeezfan Get lost!!

Heathen
July 1st, 2008, 08:39 PM
Dont yell at yankeefan....he did something good for this community...

He got banned.