PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO]Uber basic Halo Editing Kit tutorial

t3h m00kz
July 4th, 2008, 03:47 AM
Okay guys here's the deal

Back when I started learning this shit it was uber frustrating. There were no tutorials out there on how to do some of this stuff (Tool.exe for instance), so I figured I'd make a video to help some people get started with it.

Forgive the shitty youtube quality; I don't know any other place to upload this ;0

bLWVeOEEr5E
2KS1tTEKh6U

Hopefully this'll help someone goddam

Ifafudafi
July 4th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I already know this stuff, but this should prove extremely helpful for modding n00bs.

Earns my +rep.

SMASH
July 4th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Just a tip, in your tutorials it's probably a good idea to have everything set up before you start filming and cut out unnecessary parts so that it's not as long and more info gets put across.

As well, especially in a video tutorial avoid swearing since there are younger members or members who are using a family computer with parents and/or children around so it's just a good idea to be respectful and try to not swear.

I do have to say though that I'm not sure how many people will need this since the game is so old that the userbase isn't really growing. But I do give ya props for taking the time to do it.

Overall, good job +rep.

Apoc4lypse
July 4th, 2008, 04:20 PM
I decided to follow through with the first tutorial and actually do it mostly cuz I'm bored and I figure I could criticize it.. or something... (I made an assault rifle shoot fire wee :D)

I lol'd at the part about item collections and weight, what that actually does is, in item collection files you can have more then one weapon assigned to an item collection. The weight just represents the percentage of times that weapons will pop out more then another weapon in that item collection.

For an example of this if you open up the powerups item collections folder then open the "Shield-invisibility" item collection, you'll see theres 2 powerups for its permutations, the shield and the invis power up. There weights are each set to 50, so they will alternate 50-50 each time it respawns. (this is used on bloodgulch I know, not sure where else, the powerup is sometimes a shield and sometimes invisibility.)

Just thought I'd let you know about that... its a poor choice of wording lol, weight, guessing the intent was statistical weight when they made the application.