PDA

View Full Version : [CSS] CSS updated?

343guiltymc
July 4th, 2008, 08:22 PM
http://www.fpsbanana.com/threads/123851?125
Is it getting ported to Orange box engine?

Terin
July 4th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Probably. I can imagine all the rage on the Steam forums, though.

"WHAT THE FUCK, I HATE THAT I CAN NOW KNOW WHO MY FRIENDS ARE IN THE GAME. VALVE RUINED EVERYTHING."

Ugh. The Half Life 2 update is the one I'm excited for, though. That'll probably be a while.

Pooky
July 5th, 2008, 03:12 AM
I lol'd at the guy who said 'but what if this ruins CSS? D:'

You can't ruin shit.

n00b1n8R
July 5th, 2008, 03:19 AM
I lol'd at the guy who said 'but what if this ruins CSS? D:'

You can't ruin shit.
QFT :glomp:

cls
July 5th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Upgrading CS:S to the Orange Box source engine is a vast improvement for the game, only stupid fan boys that don't like change would view it as a bad thing. I love the fact they seem to be shitting their pants something as minor as achievements though.

Ugh. The Half Life 2 update is the one I'm excited for, though. That'll probably be a while.

Since Valve is upgrading multi player games first,which they should be doing, HL2: Deathmatch is most likely next on the list after CS:S.

Syuusuke
July 5th, 2008, 11:29 AM
"WHAT THE FUCK, I HATE THAT I CAN NOW KNOW WHO MY FRIENDS ARE IN THE GAME. VALVE RUINED EVERYTHING."

I don't get that?

Terin
July 5th, 2008, 12:04 PM
People who play CS:S will complain about ANYTHING. The engine update will probably give CS:S a few of those features from TF2, including one that shows who your friends are on the scoreboard. I'm mocking what is to come, but I bet someone will say that exact statement something in the future.

Syuusuke
July 5th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Oh, I didn't have any friends during that TF2 weekend, so I didn't see =)

Well...then.

Lateksi
July 5th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Would be nice if they changed the fp animations (YOU KNOW HOW THEY HOLD THE WEAPONS) and add some nice blood effects.

Syuusuke
July 5th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Custom animations man.

legionaire45
July 5th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Go download some skins with custom animations. (http://www.fpsbanana.com)

CS:S could use a good update. AND GOD DAMMIT ADD HDR TO ALL THE STOCK MAPS D: .

Most of the new features that people have been bitching about in DOD:S (particularly the deathcam) have already been implemented in CS:S before. This is basically a graphical update and that's it.

Syuusuke
July 5th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Good thing HDR was an option, I didn't exactly like it.

n00b1n8R
July 5th, 2008, 06:37 PM
The only legit concern anybody could have about the update would be that perhaps with the new engine, they may not be able to play it at all/with the same FPS.