PDA

View Full Version : Forum Addition

TeeKup
July 5th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I don't know how many people play Grand Theft Auto 4 here. But I was thinking it would be a bit helpful if we had a GTA4 Section. Perhaps an area to discuss on how to get certain achievements and an area to discuss how we executed certain missions.

Would it be possible?

Con
July 5th, 2008, 07:20 PM
If there's enough demand. Until then, tech talk threads.

Limited
July 5th, 2008, 07:28 PM
:D I'd post more about GTA if we had a section

Bodzilla
July 5th, 2008, 07:33 PM
i thought this said "forum addiction"

i was about to say Me too ;__;

Sever
July 5th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Well, you just had to get your two cents in, so yes, you are addicted.
owait...

Con
July 5th, 2008, 07:53 PM

same

Zeph
July 5th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Let's make an Unreal board! I just know it will get a lot of traffic.

Atty
July 5th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Lets make a site dedicated to Halo 2 Vista, it'll be huge! :haw:

DaneO'Roo
July 5th, 2008, 09:59 PM

Give it a chance, the only reason it doesn't thrive is because most of the people on this forum don't care about unreal tournament, which makes them stupid.

Con
July 5th, 2008, 10:27 PM
no u

Syuusuke
July 5th, 2008, 10:31 PM
He called you stoopid dangaroo.

InnerGoat
July 6th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Lets make a site dedicated to Halo 2 Vista, it'll be huge! :haw:Brilliant idea Atty!

http://www.h2vista.net/innergoat/stuff/dr/emot/lameicon%20(2).gif

Pope
July 6th, 2008, 02:37 AM
The only thing I see against it is the fact that most of the games on the forum are moddable and actually have a community (albeit some are small).

n00b1n8R
July 6th, 2008, 03:10 AM

same.

Bodzilla
July 6th, 2008, 03:38 AM
yeah lets make a crysis one while where at it :D!!!!!!!!

Kornman00
July 6th, 2008, 04:41 AM
I would wait until GTA4 is at least modable...

or maybe have a generic GTA board? would need icons or something for each game though...

n00b1n8R
July 6th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Why not make an "other games" section and you can make threads about it and other unrelated games. Then if it gets popular enough, it can have it's own board.

That would also help to de-clutter the tech talk board.

Timo
July 6th, 2008, 07:37 AM
I think if a game starts to clog up Tech Talk or OT then it could get its own sub-forum (like Halo 3 did at gearbox), but I don't think there's enough 'other games' talk in those two forums to warrant an other games section just yet.

Bastinka
July 6th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Give it a chance, the only reason it doesn't thrive is because most of the people on this forum don't care about unreal tournament, which makes them stupid.
That and adding the fact that some people can't afford good enough graphics cards to play unreal tournament at the high settings to enjoy its true beauty :(

Con
July 12th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I know some people really like UT, but I've never played it and I don't really want to learn a whole new game. There's nothing drawing me to buy it. That's why I play halo mostly.

Zeph
July 12th, 2008, 11:48 PM
yeah lets make a crysis one while where at it :D!!!!!!!!
I'll admit that the activity in the game boards disappoints me, but Crysis does have more than Unreal.

Sel
July 13th, 2008, 02:32 AM
That new game that came out and was perfect and had lots of players had even more traffic, oh wait, that game came out 7 years ago.

itszutak
July 13th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Hey, where did the game board go anyway? I can't seem to find it >_<

Llama Juice
July 13th, 2008, 08:16 AM
:conspiracy:

Bodzilla
July 13th, 2008, 09:44 PM
I'll admit that the activity in the game boards disappoints me, but Crysis does have more than Unreal.
well to be honest its the same with The TF2 boards.

dont get me wrong i'd carry on like a chook with it's head chopped off if it got taken down, but we do need something to attract the mappers to this website.

so far all we've got is people that's moved from the other engines to these games, and that's a fairly limited supply.

need to get some of the keen beans to go to other forums and drag some of the mappers back here. Kicking and screaming if necessary.

n00b1n8R
July 13th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Yes we all know how welcoming communities are of people coming in and trying to take their major members off to a different forums now don't we? :downs:

Zeph
July 16th, 2008, 05:54 PM
I've been trying to get a competition started around here to try and draw in outsiders. I've had it rigged so you'll have to come in and be active on the boards in order to win, but we've never really had worthwhile prizes. I haven't checked to see how much the donation drive has pulled in, but I doubt it's much more than the bills we need to pay.

Heathen
July 16th, 2008, 09:19 PM
:gonk:I dont think this is a good idea tbh.
Then the forum is going to have an influx of out-character members.

n00b1n8R
July 16th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Oh god, then the forum might not be cloged with lame injokes that date back to gearbox D:

Pooky
July 16th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Oh god, then the forum might not be cloged with lame injokes that date back to gearbox D:

And then there might be some newbs ross can amuse himself on by putting them on red rep in a single hit :downs:

Heathen
July 17th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Who has the most rep anyways?

Hotrod
July 17th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Kornman00 has the most rep so far.

n00b1n8R
July 17th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Go to the member's list and sort by rep :downs:

Zeph
July 17th, 2008, 06:04 PM
:gonk:I dont think this is a good idea tbh.
Then the forum is going to have an influx of out-character members.

some of whom will stick around and become in-character members. The wave of CMT nooblets that hit h2v.net was terrible, but we got some decent people out of it.

Heathen
July 17th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Well its your decision....you are the dude.

My thoughts are to let people who are into what you offer here show it to their friends. Get people who are in here for what you offer, not the crap they could win for some sweepstakes.

Another plan is to put something on the hopepage saying "Quit floating. Join instead of being a voiceless tard" because we always have about 49 guests.

Bodzilla
July 18th, 2008, 07:01 PM
heathen just shh, your confusing yourself again.

go with the comp

TeeKup
July 18th, 2008, 07:42 PM
THIS TOPIC HAS SERVED ITS PURPOSE!

Shazaam!!
http://neatorama.cachefly.net/images/2007-02/nuclear-bomb-badger.jpg