PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] New Assault Rifle Animations

Roostervier
February 19th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Ok, I just started this about an hour or so ago, of course starting with the origins. The only real animation that I have at the moment is the reload, which, I think looks great =p. Please give me your comments and criticism. Thanks.

NOTE: This is going to be used as both reloads.
http://media.putfile.com/AR-Reload-1

[EDIT] Bah, stupid putfile keeps stretching the video. W/e.

thehoodedsmack
February 19th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Looks like a case of finger whiplash. Slow it down a bit, maybe?

rossmum
February 19th, 2007, 10:12 PM
That and I recommend you make MC palm the cocking lever fowards rather than grab it and push. Once he overcomes the force needed to unlock it, it should spring closed of its own accord.

Pooky
February 20th, 2007, 04:10 PM
That and I recommend you make MC palm the cocking lever fowards rather than grab it and push. Once he overcomes the force needed to unlock it, it should spring closed of its own accord.

Oh... my... GOD...

I literally rolled on the floor LAUGHING

Palm the cocking lever chief, don't grab it and push!

<_<

Don't care for the animation itself that much, I think the AR animations are fine the way they are. The firing sound for the AR sucks ass though, that's what it needs a new one of.

Roostervier
February 20th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Hmm, lol. Anyway, yeah I had thoughts about it being springed and it woudl go back by itself, I'll give that a try.

TeeKup
February 20th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Its getting there.

Roostervier
February 20th, 2007, 08:04 PM
I didn't have time to work on the animation today, but I uploaded it to youtube for better quality. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQGk3GG7f9M
Wait a bit if it isn't finished processing.

rossmum
February 20th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Oh... my... GOD...

I literally rolled on the floor LAUGHING

Palm the cocking lever chief, don't grab it and push!

<_<

Don't care for the animation itself that much, I think the AR animations are fine the way they are. The firing sound for the AR sucks ass though, that's what it needs a new one of.
Sick freak. :XD:

But yeah. If you watch the current ones, he pulls it back and locks it into the notch at the rear, then pushes it down and it springs forwards. Pretty much identical to how you reload an MP40, actually.

Leiukemia
February 20th, 2007, 10:33 PM
I really wish I had the initiative to learn as much about guns as Ross knows. Animations look cool I think, except for that little thing everyone's mentioned already. Other then that it looks pretty fluent to me.

rossmum
February 21st, 2007, 12:10 AM
Snaf's knowledge of guns makes me look like a failure at life :(

DaneO'Roo
February 21st, 2007, 05:53 AM
^ LOL

ftw

animations are ok, just not very accurate. Just take time and youll get better.

Dole
February 21st, 2007, 03:21 PM
If you watch the current ones, he pulls it back and locks it into the notch at the rear, then pushes it down and it springs forwards.
That's what it should be, but ingame it looks like he doesn't notch the bolt; he just pulls it back and it magically stays in place, and it makes you wonder why the notch was ever put there.

well... i've been shooting since i was 7...
Relative's farm/ranch/summer house, or hunting trips with pops? Or your family smuggles contraband?

teh lag
February 21st, 2007, 05:59 PM
It's pretty good, the overall motions look nice. I've got a few comments though. The anim overall, while good, is a bit blocky - it doesn't flow from one position to another very well. Opening the bolt is a bit fast, and the whole animation could be a bit slower. This might help it flow more. Closing the bolt would look a bit nicer if his hand was facing the way it is in the original Ar animations - though this is just my opinion.

rossmum
February 21st, 2007, 11:43 PM
That's what it should be, but ingame it looks like he doesn't notch the bolt; he just pulls it back and it magically stays in place, and it makes you wonder why the notch was ever put there.

Might be worth checking later with FoV hack.

Roostervier
February 22nd, 2007, 05:08 PM
Heh, if you know how to aim correctly then you can do it. My dad likes to show me how to aim alot(especially if I am doing it wrong =o) since he was a marine. He doesn't talk about the structures of guns much and we don't have any assault rifles >_>. Anyway, I agree, it is very fast, and it should slow down. I also agree with the bolt locking and such. Maybe I should go ask my dad 'bout some guns now =p.

Katarn
February 23rd, 2007, 08:14 PM
Yeah well i know even more about guns that SNAF O_O perhaps, i dunno.

ExAm
February 26th, 2007, 01:33 AM
The firing sound for the AR sucks ass though, that's what it needs a new one of.

Yeah. I never did think guns should sound like drums.