PDA

View Full Version : INFESTATION. UNKNOWN INSECT.

TeeKup
July 19th, 2008, 09:55 PM
These fuckers are PISSING me off. I want to say a centipede only I don't know the specific species. Its fairly large about and inch to and inch and a half long. Its body is a brown color with tiny brown spots all over its legs. It has EXTREMELY long antennae and legs. I spotted about 2 - 3 not 5 minutes ago.

What pisses me off is its in my bathroom on my side of the house, the other bathroom on the other side of the house has NEVER had a pest problem. If anyone has ever seen this insect before I'd like some information so I can exterminate them, I know they were fond of my school as well.

Protip: These fuckers are fast, and I mean fast.

PROTIP2: Recent searching has identified the bastards as House Centipede's. AND WHAT I THOUGHT WAS POISON IVY FOR THE PAST 3 MONTHS JUST MAY HAVE BEEN A REACTION TO ITS VENOM. NO WONDER THE CREAMS I'VE BEEN USING HAVEN'T WORKED.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5d/House_centipede.jpg

Amit
July 19th, 2008, 09:58 PM
These fuckers are PISSING me off. I want to say a centipede only I don't know the specific species. Its fairly large about and inch to and inch and a half long. Its body is a cream color with tiny brown spots all over it. It has EXTREMELY long antennae and legs. I spotted about 2 - 3 not 5 minutes ago.

What pisses me off is its in my bathroom on my side of the house, the other bathroom on the other side of the house has NEVER had a pest problem. If anyone has ever seen this insect before I'd like some information so I can exterminate them, I know they were fond of my school as well.

Protip: These fuckers are fast, and I mean fast.

Location, Location, Location. Also...got any dried up chocolate drizzle or anything on the ground on your side of the house?

DaneO'Roo
July 19th, 2008, 10:08 PM
got any dried up chocolate drizzle or anything on the ground on your side of the house?

ahahahaha

teek you been a naughty fucker, gettin' into the body chocolate shit.

Also that centipede looks awesomely awesome. Someone should model it.

Mass
July 19th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Have 'em in my bathroom too.

Apparently they eat other bugs. Which explains why they enjoy my ant-filled house, and why I'm not going to do anything to get rid of them.

TeeKup
July 19th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Now I have a massive respect for nature and all creatures in nature with the exception of cockroaches and parasites. The House Centipede does clean the house of the pesky cockroaches and silverfish.

BUT WHEN THE BASTARD BITES MY ARM AND GIVES ME A RASH I JUST WANT TO
http://www.acceleratingfuture.com/michael/blog/images/Nuke2.JPG
THE LITTLE FUCKERS.

blind
July 19th, 2008, 10:24 PM
One night at 2am a few months ago, I was coming out of the bathroom and I saw one just sitting there on the wall and I fucking screamed.
They're scary.

Bodzilla
July 19th, 2008, 10:35 PM
we have huntsmen in my house :D

http://www.stevenflanagan.net/photos/big/huntsman10.jpg
and you know what the best thing is :D?

when you get out of the shower and grab the towel to dry off, only to have one of these run all the way up your back, up your neck and jump onto the wall.

and these things can get to about the size of your palm.

Warsaw
July 19th, 2008, 10:36 PM
http://media.arstechnica.com/journals/apple.media/raid_can.jpg
This.

Hotrod
July 19th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Bod, I wish I lived in your house, I love spiders. All we have here are ants, and they're so annoying to see. Oh, and we do have the occasional small spider. Oh, and our chipmunks also come inside, though very rarely. (this is inside our house btw)

Bodzilla
July 19th, 2008, 10:42 PM
yeah we leave em alone.

we started giving them the name Max.

i think theres been like 15 generation's of max living in our house.

Hotrod
July 19th, 2008, 10:43 PM
We have like 5 generations of "petits and petites" (littles), which are our chipmunks. Strangely enough, we have like 3 "petites" at once..., then they have 2-3 babies each, so yeah...

flibitijibibo
July 19th, 2008, 10:44 PM
House centipedes? Ah, we call 'em minos here. They're usually bathroom lurkers, so look around there for a primary home. Nothing a pro exterminator can't vaporize if the number is great. Otherwise, may as well step on them if you see any. The venom is only dangerous in massive exposure. I mean like, suicide by Tylenol massive. So yeah, I get one of these guys about once a month, and they've posed no threat to me. Just call an exterminator if there's a lot of them.

Amit
July 19th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Oh, and our chipmunks also come inside, though very rarely. (this is inside our house btw)

If a chipmunk ran in my house, I'd never let it out. I'd dress him in red sweat clothes, add a red "A" cap, and call him Alvin.

Gwunty
July 19th, 2008, 11:08 PM
@ bod
OHH MY GOD A SPIDER KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!
Seriously im fucking scared of spiders :gonk:

Bodzilla
July 19th, 2008, 11:18 PM
i'll raise you one better

http://images.roosterteeth.com/gus47d043b4146b1.jpg

ultama121
July 19th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Lawl @ Bod.

Yeah, the only thing I have in my house is the occasional house spider. Oh, I once had a nice furry one with scary legs though :phonegonk:.

Hotrod
July 20th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Bod, that would be a red squirrel, not a chipmunk.

Amit, it's good enough that they let us pet them, and they follow us around and stuff. So, there's no need to dress them up.

t3h m00kz
July 20th, 2008, 12:04 AM
I've seen those things before, they're common house centipedes or some shit

Bodzilla
July 20th, 2008, 12:53 AM
Bod, that would be a red squirrel, not a chipmunk.

Amit, it's good enough that they let us pet them, and they follow us around and stuff. So, there's no need to dress them up.
i said i was Raising you one better >:U

So obviously it would have to and can only be a red squirrel and not a chipmunk.

>:U

TK421
July 20th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Vaginal centipedes is a serious disease. You should get it checked out.

Heathen
July 20th, 2008, 01:47 AM
Thats fucking gross. I am scared shitless of cockroaches alone.

Bodzilla
July 20th, 2008, 01:50 AM
Thats fucking gross. I am scared shitless of cockroaches alone.
thats it.

all these guess's about your sexual orientation have ended.
your fucking gay alright.
as gay as plas.

yes that gay.

Heathen
July 20th, 2008, 02:22 AM
Hey, if being scared of little shits like that makes me gay then ram my pooper because those things are fucking gross. I'm a closet jermophobe.

LinkandKvel
July 20th, 2008, 03:04 AM
Hey, if being scared of little shits like that makes me gay then ram my pooper because those things are fucking gross. I'm a closet jermophobe.

So why don't you cum out of it?

n00b1n8R
July 20th, 2008, 03:21 AM
What the heck does that have to do with anything? :raise:

Boba
July 20th, 2008, 03:30 AM
catch it and eat it, teeker

ExAm
July 20th, 2008, 04:00 AM
we have huntsmen in my house :D

http://www.stevenflanagan.net/photos/big/huntsman10.jpg
and you know what the best thing is :D?

when you get out of the shower and grab the towel to dry off, only to have one of these run all the way up your back, up your neck and jump onto the wall.

and these things can get to about the size of your palm.Huh, I don't think that's a huntsman spider, zilla:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bd/Huntsman_spider_with_meal.jpg/250px-Huntsman_spider_with_meal.jpg

godifuckinghatespiders

I had one lurking in a bag of my clothes for a week after it leapt off a wall while I was trying to kill it. A big fucker, too, like an inch across. I found it again a couple of days ago, as it scurried out of my pile of clothes and up the wall. I tried to kill it, but it JUMPED THE FUCK OFF THE WALL AGAIN and I found it later in the bathroom. I smashed it hard this time, didn't give it a chance to go fucking spiderninja on me. It could have been a brown recluse, but I was too fucking freaked out to get close enough because it JUMPS. I would have freaked out even more if I had confirmed that it WAS a recluse, because they do THIS TO YOUR FLESH:

No, seriously, this guy's thumb is brutally splayed open after a spider bite
http://www.countyofkings.com/ag%20commissioner/Ag%20Services%20Pages/Ag%20Services%20Images/BrownRecluseBitelrg.jpg
FUCKING. NECROTIC. BITE. WOUNDS. Basically, everything around the bite DIES. Leaves a gaping, cavernous hole in your skin afterwards.

zeph edit: more spoiler tags.

n00b1n8R
July 20th, 2008, 04:30 AM
DUDE WHAT THE FUCK DID I OPEN THE SPOILER FOR :gonk:

Phobias
July 20th, 2008, 04:34 AM
Wuss.

Edit: that was aimed an n00b, Teekup and Heathen.

Bodzilla
July 20th, 2008, 04:42 AM
Huh, I don't think that's a huntsman spider, zilla:

Australian huntsman.

i did get the pic from google for "Australian huntsman" and i'm pretty sure they look exactly like that :S

ExAm
July 20th, 2008, 05:42 AM
a likely story! :3

Jelly
July 20th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Spiders = :gonk:

Huge spiders =

http://halo.modacity.net/forums/styles/smilies/extra/gonk.gif

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF keep them away from me or I kill myself before they can.

DaneO'Roo
July 20th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Wimps.

Cicadas on the other hand....

Bodzilla
July 20th, 2008, 07:31 AM
i thought your phobias was dragonflies :eng101:

man that was endless fun.

Bastinka
July 20th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Spiders don't have lips to kiss ya', so they can only bite. Either way I don't really care as long as it stays away from where I sleep, where I shower and where I eat. If it touches me I'll smush it on my skin and wash off the guts.

klange
July 20th, 2008, 10:23 AM
It's a scutigera (I prefer the scientific name). They're actually quite awesome. I see about one every few months. Had one in my sink a few weeks back. Have really shitty pics of it somewhere (probably still on my SD card...). To my knowledge they don't bite, but yes, they're fast. I catch them in boxes and throw them out the back door.

flibitijibibo
July 20th, 2008, 10:38 AM
I remember as a wee youngin', the school made us go outside after lunch even with thems cicadas, and all the kids were freaking out except me. Cicadas didn't really bug me, and a lot of people found that to be a bit strange...

Spiders, however... fuck spiders. What good are like, 99% of the species? A spidercaust would be nice...

klange
July 20th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Cicadas are simply annoying little bastards. STOP MAKING NOISE DAMN IT!

Hotrod
July 20th, 2008, 11:06 AM
i said i was Raising you one better >:U

So obviously it would have to and can only be a red squirrel and not a chipmunk.

>:U
Pfft, raising up from a chipmunk would be 2 chipmunks, or more. Chipmunks > Red squirrels.

Also, if you want to see a big spider, look for dock spiders. Those things can get pretty big.

Gamerkd16
July 20th, 2008, 02:03 PM
That exact same bug was found in my house a few weeks ago. They really are creepy and I was wondering what the hell it was. First time I ever saw it before. I also saw it a second time on the floor of a movie theater out where you order tickets. My friends got a discount off the ticket price for killing it. lol

Bastinka
July 20th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Mosquitos, Wasps, Ticks, Leeches, and other parasites that do shit need to be killed. Really, I'm not scared of anything. I dug up a cicada one time and I don't remember much but it was big and looked like a flying grasshopper. Wasn't all that scary.

TeeKup
July 20th, 2008, 02:58 PM
ExAm a person has roughly 3 hours before true Necrosis starts with Brown Recluse spiders. I love cicadas myself, awesome little bugs, dragonfly's as well.

Amit
July 20th, 2008, 02:58 PM

Oh. I've never come in contact with them before and I thought they'd be like squirrels and bite your balls off if you come within 2 metres without them noticing.

I hope to see a chipmunk one day. It'd be fun to have some animal chase me that didn't want to bite me or rape me.

Monopoly
July 20th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I eat cicadas for breakfast.

DrunkenSamus
July 20th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Mosquitos, Wasps, Ticks, Leeches, and other parasites that do shit need to be killed. Really, I'm not scared of anything. I dug up a cicada one time and I don't remember much but it was big and looked like a flying grasshopper. Wasn't all that scary.

THIS. Seriously, what good do those insects do? One of them has malaria and kills old guys, one of them looks like a bee but doesn't do shit but sting people and not die afterwards, another gives you lime disease, and the final one involves killing it with a lighter. That sounds really useful to humans.:eyesroll:

Bodzilla
July 20th, 2008, 04:10 PM
well i'll just have to stop inventing new creatures then wont i.

http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-colbert.gif

ultama121
July 20th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I eat cicadas for breakfast.
ivMQwZA9aiE

Also, I just remebered that we get these up at our house.
http://dracoverdi.net/pictures/shinyPotatoBug.jpgPotato Bugs :phonegonk:

ICEE
July 20th, 2008, 04:38 PM
I used to get hordes of nats in my bathroom. Theyd be in such great numbers that it would look like a green-gray fog filling the room. After months of frustration from trying to kill them all, I finally found just what was bringing them there. Inside the pipes of my sister's sink was a massive wad of mildew coated hair, bobby pins, jewelery, and get this: Ipod earphones. After removing that, and puking a bit, the flies lost interest and eventually dissapeared.

StankBacon
July 20th, 2008, 05:32 PM
i love the sound cicadas make.

TeeKup
July 20th, 2008, 06:24 PM
084BPuOgzVM

:D

Pooky
July 20th, 2008, 06:27 PM
I don't mind any insects as long as they stay the fuck away from me. The second they show their faces I'll murder them instantly and without mercy.

PlasbianX
July 20th, 2008, 06:28 PM
thats it.

all these guess's about your sexual orientation have ended.
your fucking gay alright.
as gay as plas.

yes that gay.

Hey what the fuck <:mad:> I'm not gay you prick.

@Teekup I have those in my basement everywhere. I've never seen them bite o_O

ultama121
July 20th, 2008, 06:33 PM
*cicada making butt noises*
Funny creatures, aren't they? :p

TeeKup
July 20th, 2008, 06:37 PM
And another.
g7ybNA-hl2s
I personally love Cicada's, its a popular insect in south. Sadly, I haven't seen or heard a cicada all summer.

Hotrod
July 20th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Oh. I've never come in contact with them before and I thought they'd be like squirrels and bite your balls off if you come within 2 metres without them noticing.

I hope to see a chipmunk one day. It'd be fun to have some animal chase me that didn't want to bite me.
Actually, most chipmunks are scared of people, and run away from you when you get within 2 meters. Our chipmunks just got used to us over time (we've lived here for over 16 years, so yeah, they had plenty of time).

Amit
July 20th, 2008, 07:15 PM
I don't mind any insects as long as they stay the fuck away from me. The second they show their faces I'll murder them instantly and without mercy.

You'd murder anyone.

Actually, most chipmunks are scared of people, and run away from you when you get within 2 meters. Our chipmunks just got used to us over time (we've lived here for over 16 years, so yeah, they had plenty of time).

We used to have rabbits under the shed. I dunno if they're still there.

Gwunty
July 20th, 2008, 08:05 PM
And another.
g7ybNA-hl2s
I personally love Cicada's, its a popular insect in south. Sadly, I haven't seen or heard a cicada all summer.
cicadas, natures daft punk.

Bodzilla
July 20th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Hey what the fuck <:mad:> I'm not gay you prick.

@Teekup I have those in my basement everywhere. I've never seen them bite o_O
Denial aint just a river in Egypt! >:U

Rofl

Syuusuke
July 20th, 2008, 09:46 PM
In Japan (and in every anime) you hear them in the background.

Now that you mention it, I have'nt heard them either, I know i heard one in NYC before.

Warsaw
July 20th, 2008, 10:45 PM

http://www.epilog.de/Film/St/_Bilder/Starship_Troopers_USA_1996_B01_.jpg (http://www.epilog.de/Film/St/_Bilder/Starship_Troopers_USA_1996_B01_.jpg)

Can you do it? :lol:

Mass
July 20th, 2008, 10:49 PM
cicadas are reasonably active around here

nooBBooze
July 21st, 2008, 07:01 AM
Thats why i leave the spiders in my room alone. They feed on much creepier and grosser insects.