PDA

View Full Version : [TF2] Don't you just miss nade spam? :D

n00b1n8R
July 20th, 2008, 04:24 AM
http://www.tf2nades.com/plugin.html

:awesome:

Pooky
July 20th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Not really, but I do get sick of TFC vets bitching about how oh so awesome grenades were and how they should be brought back. Now I'll just show them this.

Also, why no frags? :S

ultama121
July 20th, 2008, 06:11 PM
:awesome:

Also, needs more custom anims.

Edit: Frags would work well for snipers.

Pyong Kawaguchi
August 8th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Frags are ingame but are hidden? really?

Pooky
August 9th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Edit: Frags would work well for snipers.

in TFC nearly every class had frag grenades (except the scout and sniper iirc)

Doesn't seem like much of a TFC grenade revival without them.

n00b1n8R
August 9th, 2008, 12:33 AM
They could try and give the classes different nades. But then the classes may all seem different D: (why the hell would a spy have a frag nade >_>)

Pooky
August 9th, 2008, 12:34 AM
They could try and give the classes different nades. But then the classes may all seem different D: (why the hell would a spy have a frag nade >_>)

That was how you got sentrys before the sapper came around

Also you could throw them without revealing your disguise to annoy the shit out of people

Hell, if the spy had a fucking super shotgun why not grenades?

n00b1n8R
August 9th, 2008, 01:46 AM
Heavy: WHO THREW GRENADE
Totally legit Scout: What grenade?
Heavy: ...

How big a giveaway can you do?

Pooky
August 9th, 2008, 10:23 AM
How big a giveaway can you do?

You don't disguise as Scout if you have half a brain... also you want to throw grenades at your enemies when they're not looking at you :\

And you call yourself a spy, all that should be common sense.

n00b1n8R
August 9th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Yeah but using a grenade alerts everybody to the presence of a spy, where as knifing somebody usually only alerts 1 (who will likely be dead in half an instant).

w/e, spys with explosives just seem wrong. I'm probably too newschool.

Botolf
August 9th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Sappers sound far more unique than nades.

Terin
August 9th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Yeah but using a grenade alerts everybody to the presence of a spy, where as knifing somebody usually only alerts 1 (who will likely be dead in half an instant).

w/e, spys with explosives just seem wrong. I'm probably too newschool.In reality, that backstab kill icon is basically a large sign saying "THERE'S A SPAH CREEPING 'ROUND HERE" and you'll be dead within seconds. But at least it is a little more subtle than grenades.

Bodzilla
August 9th, 2008, 09:28 PM
N

O

n00b1n8R
August 9th, 2008, 09:52 PM
To elaborate on zilla's concise post:

You'd be surprised as to how few people pay attention to that actually. And even those who do don't know where the guy was killed (and if they do it's eather because they saw it and are now going out of their way to end the spy, or are also on the kill list).

Bastinka
August 9th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Being a sniper and seeing someone on my team get backstabbed, you get paranoid as shit so you start to shoot wildly at teammates until you find him.

Pooky
August 9th, 2008, 09:55 PM
You'd be surprised as to how few people pay attention to that actually

Once again, it doesn't sound like you realize what you're saying. There's no animation for throwing grenades in that game, and you certainly don't stick around after tossing one. It's just part of playing the spy...

n00b1n8R
August 10th, 2008, 05:36 AM
If you read the first part of my post, you'd relies that it was in relation to zilla's post which I assume was a response to Terin's.

Obviously you throw and run, but the presence of enemy grenades in areas where there shouldn't be enemy's is obviously going to raise the sus-o-meter several notches.

Bodzilla
August 10th, 2008, 06:43 AM
whats wrong with the backstab D:?

you get a much much cooler icon then some stupid grenade blast tbh.

Pooky
August 11th, 2008, 01:38 AM
If you read the first part of my post, you'd relies that it was in relation to zilla's post which I assume was a response to Terin's.

Obviously you throw and run, but the presence of enemy grenades in areas where there shouldn't be enemy's is obviously going to raise the sus-o-meter several notches.
There's no way to tell if a grenade is friendly or enemy... either way it's gray and looks and sounds exactly the same.

whats wrong with the backstab D:?

you get a much much cooler icon then some stupid grenade blast tbh.

There's nothing wrong with the backstab... you can backstab in tfc as well you just have grenades (frags and pills) instead of sappers.