PDA

View Full Version : [PORTAL] Portal: Still Alive released for PC!

Terin
July 20th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Get it here! (http://portalmaps.wecreatestuff.com/)

But really, Still Alive is going to be the flash version map pack, pretty much, according to here. (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/07/20/dont-take-your-life-over-portal-still-alive/) The final boss will probably get polished, or removed, but it's still a few more hours of Portal content for people on the Xbox 360, a test for content delivery for them.

Also, if you have yet to play the flash version map pack, download it! It's awesome.

Bodzilla
July 21st, 2008, 02:04 AM
well thats cool and sad at the same time.

i want Glados :(

n00b1n8R
July 21st, 2008, 05:16 AM
Perhaps now those butthurt console TF2 players will stop crying (assuming the test goes well, they can start putting all the PC content onto the xbox).

flibitijibibo
July 21st, 2008, 12:54 PM
Playing the map pack now. New obstacles are awesome, except for the electric halls. Hate those fucking things.

E- I'm beginning to notice that a lot of the gravity jumps are not as accurately placed as they could be. A lot of it could be fixed by a simple lowering/heightening of a wall/floor though.

Sever
July 21st, 2008, 08:44 PM
Every puzzle up to the end was done almost flawlessly (a few parts had some gravity-assisted jumps which turned you around awkwardly), but the last few minutes were a complete failure. They should've just ended it with a lengthy time-based escape or something along those lines, which would've been the safe way to go, rather than screwing it up with that random-assed boss. Other than that, everything was a lot more eerie and immersive than the original Portal, and the learning curve was like a fucking brick wall (they really made me think, which is what I wanted).

Pooky
July 21st, 2008, 09:32 PM
Every puzzle up to the end was done almost flawlessly (a few parts had some gravity-assisted jumps which turned you around awkwardly), but the last few minutes were a complete failure. They should've just ended it with a lengthy time-based escape or something along those lines, which would've been the safe way to go, rather than screwing it up with that random-assed boss. Other than that, everything was a lot more eerie and immersive than the original Portal, and the learning curve was like a fucking brick wall (they really made me think, which is what I wanted).

A lot of the early puzzles felt glitchy and poorly designed though, and were tough to complete if you didn't remember those levels in the flash game :\

Sever
July 21st, 2008, 09:47 PM
Yeah, the gravity assisted jumps were just off. When I sat down to play, I first thought that I was in for a mediocre time. Once I got to the part where you need to drop two storage cubes on the two buttons under the red fizzler, andthe cube delivery malfunctions and you have to go in and manually retrieve the stuck cubes,I knew that I was in for a good time. Also, the part where you view the Borealis is quite a good touch.

n00b1n8R
July 22nd, 2008, 05:02 AM
Is the boss battle on the exbawks version?

TK421
July 25th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Sounds interesting, I'll give it a shot.

NuggetWarmer
July 25th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Boo. I dislike this. I thought the map pack was fun, but I would've liked a whole new game made by Valve.

Terin
July 25th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Compared to the rage of some people getting shafted? I'd rather Valvernets not explode with rage. :v:

MithosK
July 30th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Took me forever to get past the third crushing platform puzzle, how do I beat the electric hall one?

The_Wraith
July 30th, 2008, 04:09 PM
I'm confused. This is for the flash version or is this for Portal PC with levels based on the flash version? :|

Terin
July 30th, 2008, 04:49 PM
These are Portal: The Flash version levels, created for the ACTUAL Portal.

itszutak
July 30th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Took me forever to get past the third crushing platform puzzle, how do I beat the electric hall one?
Timing. Wait for the electricity to stop and fly through-you have just enough time to make it through.

The_Wraith
July 30th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Cool, so are these worth downloading?

CabooseJr
July 30th, 2008, 09:45 PM
The ending boss is frustrating.

The_Wraith
July 31st, 2008, 01:10 AM
Okay what the fuck. I need Half-Life 2 to install this? Why?

Sever
July 31st, 2008, 06:19 AM
It uses textures and sounds from HL2, I believe.

The_Wraith
July 31st, 2008, 01:32 PM
Hmm well I installed it anyway and it works so whatever.

Saggy
August 1st, 2008, 10:52 PM
Highlight to reveal spoilers.

Wow, I loved how it had the Borealis and Half-Life 2 Gunship in it. The only thing that upsets me is that the story is so well played out, I forget this is all fan made, and that the stroy has nothing to do with the real Portal/Half-Life universe.

The_Wraith
August 2nd, 2008, 12:12 AM
I hope it gets better. So far it just feels like I'm playing the normal Portal with the rehashed dialog. Feels like I'm just playing a modded version instead of a different story.

And so far the challenges have been annoying instead of fun...