PDA

View Full Version : So Im depressed right now.

Pyong Kawaguchi
July 22nd, 2008, 08:48 AM
My dog is dying, Its really hard to see him like this, he doesnt have much longer than 8 hours.
Ive known him for the longest of time, since I was about 8 years old.
I can't believe His time has come, and I'm really depressed right now.
Anyone know of ways to feel better?

Beckinsale
July 22nd, 2008, 09:28 AM
Well, losing a pet really can make you depressed and i don't think there's a way a way to feel better. I've lost about 3 pets, never had a pet long then 5 years :| My current dog has had 5 years with me and going strong. Going to be tough when i loose here, but, "It's the way of life" :(

Pyong Kawaguchi
July 22nd, 2008, 09:51 AM
Indeed, Imo, the best way to feel better, is the thought of them nolonger being in pain, and that you will see them again one day.

Roostervier
July 22nd, 2008, 10:00 AM
This happened to me with my dog, General. We had him since I was 4 up until I was 12, and I remembered him always being there. My family just took a break from having a pet for a month, and we went out in search of a new dog. Mind you, this dog was not to replace the old dog, this dog was to be our new pal. No dog could replace General.

Just accept that your dog will be gone and try not to dwell on it. If you get a new pet, don't try and replace your old one. Get this pet because you want to share your love with another pet, instead of continuing your old one's life.

Hotrod
July 22nd, 2008, 10:09 AM
Listen to what flyinrooster said, that would be the best thing to know. I know that it must hurt to see him in pain like that, but knowing that it'll be over soon enough could make you feel better, as you said. Try to be with those that make you happy in the following times, and let them take your attention away from your unhappiness.

Pyong Kawaguchi
July 22nd, 2008, 10:14 AM
Okay guys, thank you for the help, Anyone know of any songs that will make it better?
such as some by bob marley?

ima_from_America
July 22nd, 2008, 10:52 AM
Don't worry, be happy, originally from Bobby Mcferrin, I like the bob marley version best.

PlasbianX
July 22nd, 2008, 11:04 AM
I won't see you tonight pt.1 - Avenged Sevenfold. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkBUqqUf8-Y)

I always listen to that when I'm thinking about someone/something dieing :x

Pyong Kawaguchi
July 22nd, 2008, 11:26 AM
Thanks guys :)
I really appreciate this.

Heathen
July 22nd, 2008, 11:46 AM
Don't worry, be happy, originally from Bobby Mcferrin, I like the bob marley version best.
:fail:
There IS no Bob Marley version. There is "Thre Little Birds" which has a similar first line, but he never remade "Be Happy."

Beckinsale
July 22nd, 2008, 12:03 PM
Does they mean "Don't worry ,about a thing, because every little thing, is gonna be alright?" That infamous song in I Am Legend. Yea, it could help.

Pyong Kawaguchi
July 22nd, 2008, 12:38 PM
He's going to be put to sleep in about a half hour.
I appreciate the help guys :)
I still can hardly believe that he's dying.

Warsaw
July 22nd, 2008, 12:52 PM
"You must train yourself to let go of attachments. Rejoice for those that have become one with the Force. Mourn them, do not. Miss them, do not."

;)

Heathen
July 22nd, 2008, 07:17 PM
Besides, some attachments have viruses.

Corndogman
July 22nd, 2008, 07:26 PM
I went through this a couple months ago. Our dog died that we had since i was a baby, it was almost as old as i was. So the dog was about 15 (I'm 16) and we knew she didn't have much time left. She was basically in slow decline for a while until one night I returned from a fun evening with friends to find that she had past. W already have two other dogs though, and three cats, so we did not get another dog.

Just try to think of all the happy memories of him and that he's no longer in pain, that helped me to not be quite as upset over my dogs passing.

LlamaMaster
July 22nd, 2008, 07:43 PM
I've lost one dog (old dog, had it all my life. Disappeared.) and countless cats. 1st death is the worst, followed by the second, third....than after that I stopped feeling much emotion when they died. Thing is 90% of the time I never know where my cats go. Fucking snakes or something.

ima_from_America
July 22nd, 2008, 07:47 PM
I had a pet snake. Died when the power to the heater in the cage broke. Snakes are good pets. Does your pet store have pinky mice?

Heathen
July 22nd, 2008, 07:48 PM
Adopt a little Madonna baby.

Beckinsale
July 22nd, 2008, 07:52 PM
He's going to be put to sleep in about a half hour.
I appreciate the help guys :)
I still can hardly believe that he's dying.

:| The worst thing you can hear. I remember getting picked up from school about 5 years ago and hearing that they had to put my favorite cat of all time that was in our family before i was born to sleep.:( She had some kind of brain tumor, she was in pain for months. I cried, but was just kept telling myself she's no longer in pain.

I'd prefer to adopt a little Angelina Jolie baby

PenGuin1362
July 22nd, 2008, 10:14 PM
Anyone know of ways to feel better?

Alcohol. Always makes me happy even when I'm happy.

HDoan
July 22nd, 2008, 10:24 PM
I'm the one Madonna didn't want :(

ultama121
July 22nd, 2008, 10:35 PM
Hm... I had a dog that I was attached to that we had for a really long time. She was 13 when she was put to sleep. It was also deeply saddening towards me, although at the same time, she was no longer herself due to many problems like blindness and lack of bowel and bladder control.

DaneO'Roo
July 22nd, 2008, 10:50 PM
Take a hint, if you have to post on forums to ask how to deal with the incoming death of your pet, you need to get some fucking friends and/or people who care and go whinge to them about it.

One would think of this as a scheme to get rep or something, in which case, you'd be a soulless shill. The fact that your user title is "IN THE GREEN" would prove this argument further.

Please fuck off.

LinkandKvel
July 22nd, 2008, 11:00 PM
Take a hint, if you have to post on forums to ask how to deal with the incoming death of your pet, you need to get some fucking friends and/or people who care and go whinge to them about it.

One would think of this as a scheme to get rep or something, in which case, you'd be a soulless shill. The fact that your user title is "IN THE GREEN" would prove this argument further.

Please fuck off.Why so hard on the guy? You have no proof this is a stunt. I know a sister is nothing compared to a dog but come on. Have some sympathy for him. There's no proof he's lying.

ima_from_America
July 22nd, 2008, 11:04 PM
Think about what you just said. Someone could easily say that you put your dead sisters' myspace in your sig to get rep, and as we know, someone could easily forge those sort of things (like jay did, but he failed). But the person saying that would seem like an asshole to you.

Hotrod
July 22nd, 2008, 11:08 PM
Ok, not everybody here is a rep whore like Jay was, so don't go to hard on him. Everybody goes through hard times, and some find different ways to find help. I'd doubt that this is just a scheme to get rep.

SnaFuBAR
July 22nd, 2008, 11:09 PM
Think about what you just said. Someone could easily say that you put your dead sisters' myspace in your sig to get rep, and as we know, someone could easily forge those sort of things (like jay did, but he failed). But the person saying that would seem like an asshole to you.
You sound all kinds of retarded making a comment like that.

Beckinsale
July 22nd, 2008, 11:09 PM
How do you know it wasn't an attempt to cheer him up? Different people have different humor...:eyesroll:

DaneO'Roo
July 22nd, 2008, 11:11 PM

I earn rep because of my fucking WORK, not peoples unwanted sympathy. I have her in my sig because I want people to see who she was, I guess it in someway keeps the memory of her alive.

Whining about your dog on the internet, with the title "I'm depressed" with a user title of "IN THE GREEN", gives me a golden ticket to say whatever the fuck I like in relation to rep scrounging.

"I'm really depressed right now, anyone know of any ways to feel better?"

http://www.artfulgift.com/reaching.jpg

PenGuin1362
July 23rd, 2008, 12:14 AM
Can't rep dane right now :(

Timo
July 23rd, 2008, 12:25 AM
http://www.gearsandwidgets.com/external/wherethisthreadgoing.jpg