PDA

View Full Version : [TF2] TF2 update: Stop bitching kids.

n00b1n8R
July 30th, 2008, 01:44 AM
[-]
July 29, 2008 - Team Fortress 2 Update Released (7/29/2008)

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2

Fixed team switches on Attack/Defense maps spamming the console
Fixed the Kritzkrieg not working on servers with crits turned off
Fixed some clipped localized strings in various in-game dialogs
Fixed several cases where files were synchronously loaded while the game was running
Fixed a shutdown crash in the material system
Cached rendering of item model panels to improve performance, in particular while weapon selection was visible
Added a gear symbol behind the health bar for Engineer buildings, in both target IDs and freeze panels
Players killing themselves will now give a kill credit to the last enemy who damaged them
Fixed grenades, rockets, and flamethrower being able to fire through grates at round starts
Fixed players being killed and creating ragdolls during team switches
Fixed various exploits and performance problems in CP_Badlands, CP_Well, and CP_Fastlane
Removed health bonus from the Backburner

Everybody happy now?

I certainly am. :awesome:

Pope
July 30th, 2008, 01:59 AM
I like this new update. Now I'll definitely use the Air Compression Blast. The Backburner wasn't even worth it for the extra health in my opinion when it was around.

Pooky
July 30th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Fixed players being killed and creating ragdolls during team switches

Bull, that happened to me the first game I played.

Bodzilla
July 30th, 2008, 02:30 AM
awesome :D

n00b1n8R
July 30th, 2008, 02:54 AM
I like this new update. Now I'll definitely use the Air Compression Blast. The Backburner wasn't even worth it for the extra health in my opinion when it was around.
TBH, I'm still sticking with it (except when I have to fight soldier/demo spam head on). I did alright with the flamethrower before it had the air blast and the (kinda)guaranteed crits make the backburner my prefered toy.

Terin
July 30th, 2008, 04:42 PM
CHIRS'S (Concerned comic creator) BLOD RUINED TF2 ZOMG

http://www.1fort.com/blog/my-commenters-ruin-tf2/

It's kinda creppy actually.

Botolf
July 30th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Now I can go back to using the standard flamethrower without screwing myself over :awesome:

Bodzilla
July 31st, 2008, 03:37 AM
lol at comments "hurf durf now people wont want to ambush people cause they have less incentive cause they dont have enuff health hurfen durf smirf"

>___> Mb there playing the pyro when they hsould be playing another class.

n00b1n8R
July 31st, 2008, 03:45 AM
Maybe they just suck at pyro without disproportionate health so need to switch class.

Pooky
August 1st, 2008, 02:40 PM
Maybe they just suck so need to switch game.

ftfy

n00b1n8R
August 1st, 2008, 06:24 PM
Was halo every as serious about balance issues as we are about TF2 back in the day?