PDA

View Full Version : [CRYSIS] CryLo Productions

crysisassassin
August 2nd, 2008, 01:11 PM
Hey guys, I have started a Halo total conversion mod for Crysis (Note: This is not a remake of the game. The story and characters are created by the mod team.) We have 9 members, but only 2 them are modelers. So if anyone out there is interested in helping model weapons and vehicles please PM me and also PM some of your work. We also need coders and scripters. If anyone is also experienced enough to model the suit, please let me know.

Heathen
August 2nd, 2008, 01:23 PM
I know these guys and there gonna want to see some output. Show some work.

Zeph
August 2nd, 2008, 01:50 PM
Guys, we're going to be productive with this thread. This isn't GBX post-strider.

Bastinka
August 2nd, 2008, 02:14 PM
Wait if you have 9 people and 2 of them are modelers, what do the other 7 do?..

Need some more pictures of what you already have accomplished, and people don't really like to get bossed around by lower/newer people. If you modeled the suit, could you take a render with a wireframe render too?

Hope to hear back from you soon.

crysisassassin
August 2nd, 2008, 03:56 PM
Ok sorry about that. I forgot to put an s behind the i. I am not experienced enough to model weapons or the suit. The other 7 ppl do different things. A few make maps, design different weapons and a couple do flowgraphs and scripting. And we have 2 PRs and I have someone helping me make the missions and plot and research. The mod was just started a couple of weeks ago so we don't realy have any work. @ SilentWindPL everyone is treated equally on the mod team, there is no higher than anyone else except the Leader and maybe the co-leader since we run the mod. I ask everyones opinion before I do things to see how they like it.

Bastinka
August 2nd, 2008, 04:04 PM
If anyone is also experienced enough to model the suit, please let me know.
Sorry I read something on the lines of 'I am experienced enough to model the suit'. Don't know if you edited that part or I just read it wrong. What have you done so far? Can you show pictures of anything?

People post more comments and feedback if there's pictures, that always attracts them.

crysisassassin
August 2nd, 2008, 04:56 PM
O you were right, I edited it. I forgot the s after the i so it said that 'I was experieced'. Sorry, typo. Ok! We only have on pic so far its some sort of walker that one of the modelers thought could be a rebel vehicle. http://www.moddb.com/mods/crylo1. I am trying to get as many modelers as I can so we can speed up and finish alot of models and get them rigged.

Bastinka
August 2nd, 2008, 05:35 PM
Why would rebels use a walker?
Also to comment or critizice on it, it doesn't seem to have much shape or anything to it. It doesn't look fully balanced and it looks too simple and boxy. The turrets on the sides don't have much about them other than something sticking on them, I really don't think mechs would be a good idea for a crysis-halo conversion mod... o_O

I would improve the concepts or maybe do a different version of the mech? Maybe even look at some better modeling tutorials, or refer your modelers for some. It's just a suggestion, thats all you don't need to do it.. stating my opinion.

crysisassassin
August 3rd, 2008, 02:25 PM
It is still being decided whether or not it wll be in the mod. Guys (and maybe girls) please say whether or not your interested in helping us. This thread was started for recruitment and for mod questions.

legionaire45
August 3rd, 2008, 04:01 PM
Walk before you run. My advice is this: make some multiplayer maps with Halo themed content first and build off of that. Making a large scale single player mod with a relatively large (and from the looks of that mech model, inexperienced) team is not a trivial task, even for an experienced mod group. Look at Minerva: Metastasis - it took the developer of that years to develop a relatively simple single player series of maps with the content included with Half Life 2 and Episode 1; nothing new except for the maps themselves.

I think the best thing you could do to make us believe in your group is recreate some of the weapons first and then move on to something simple like Blood Gulch or whatever.

crysisassassin
August 3rd, 2008, 04:46 PM
We wll have more experienced modelers in not to long. We have one now who is building some weapons for us now. The reason I posted this thread was to recruit for the mod since I am not allowed to recruit on our Crysis site.

Bastinka
August 3rd, 2008, 05:04 PM
Sweet, post updates of renders when you can!
If the renders/pictures exceet 800x600 res you most likely will want to do something like:

[ shot ] www.imagelink.com/imagelink.jpg[ /shot ]Without the spaces. to resize the image in whatever resolution the viewer has, and when it is clicked the full size will appear.

Hope to see some good updates.

SnaFuBAR
August 4th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Model some halo objects and you're more likely to look serious and seem as though your team has a future. I can only base it on what I see, and it looks like you need more than a few more modelers. You guys need to completely rethink what you're doing because all you have to show is a very ugly, low quality walker that looks like it absolutely would not walk.

I absolutely think this mod isn't going anywhere, but again, I'm only basing it off of what I see, and I hope you can prove my outlook wrong.

crysisassassin
August 4th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Forget the walker guys! Like I said before it most likely will not be in the mod and also like I already posted this thread is for questions and recruiting so please take your negetivaty somewhere else. If your interested in helping or you have a question or would like to post positive feedback, than you can post in this thread.

SnaFuBAR
August 4th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Sorry, that's not how things work.

Bastinka
August 4th, 2008, 09:11 PM
..would like to post positive feedback.
He did post positive feedback, he clearly stated on what he saw and commented on what should be done. Of course action doesn't necessarily need to be taken to fit the fixes or suggestions, but it is highly recommended to do so.

I just tried to state what he said in a more kindly taken way, but what Snaf said..

That's not the way it works around here.
This is true, you can't make a thread about some production without getting crit on it, it's feedback.

crysisassassin
August 5th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Ok sorry. So far on almost all the websites we have posted on, the comments have been more 'I hate halo so I hate your mod' type thing instead of good comments. We hope to get more modelers before to long so we can show some good work. The walker was made by a member who just started learning 3dsMax and have progressed more so please cut him some slack. But thanks for the comments guys :).

Bastinka
August 5th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Try to maybe show some tutorials or tell your modelers to maybe model a few references until they get it looking right? Experience is what it's all about.

Con
August 5th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Good luck, but I wouldn't expect anyone to join your team without something to show.

p0lar_bear
August 14th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Ok sorry. So far on almost all the websites we have posted on, the comments have been more 'I hate halo so I hate your mod' type thing instead of good comments.

Staff here will recognize moronic flaming and will deal with it as needed. So far, all there is is some criticism; pointing out the flaws.

A small history lesson: "positive feedback" around here means "don't tell me it sucks, compliments only please;" this community has had a history of narcissistic jackasses without an iota of talent trying to make content, dating back to when the board was h2vista.net and even before that, when the community originals were on the Gearbox Software Forums. A lot of these people would often post something horribly made, and ask for compliments, when quite frankly, there were none to be given.

SnaFuBAR
August 14th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Got any content yet?

crysisassassin
August 14th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Yes! We have a few things which will be show shortly. We have 2 new members. They are our enviroment modelers and mappers. No weapon or vehicle modelers yet. If you can help model please let me know or if you know of someone who can please let them know about us, then let me know about them.

Bastinka
August 15th, 2008, 03:13 AM
Post updates, pics like I said before. ;)

Scooby Doo
August 15th, 2008, 11:26 PM
i play crysis and i'm trying to learn how to mod it. and i can model, texture, and do some simple animations. i might be interested.

~Scoob

SMASH
August 16th, 2008, 12:09 AM
^^ Elite guy right there. You'd be dumb to pass on his help.

flibitijibibo
August 16th, 2008, 12:31 AM
I don't own/play Crysis, but I could always make wav's of anything you need. Just PM me if you need it.

Bastinka
August 16th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Scooby offered to help?.

Wow.

Scooby Doo
August 28th, 2008, 07:56 AM
any updates assassin? you guys don't seem to check back here very often...

~Scoob

crysisassassin
August 29th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Sorry I have been kinda busy. I am getting 3DS Max so I cane learn to model. Scooby sorry I havent been on but I came and checked my PM box. You Rock!!!! Awsome models. If only there where more of you :D. I sent back a PM to you and my info is on it. We could really use your help. About the updates. My other modeler is inactive and he has the pics and other stuff. I have no idea where he went so....

SnaFuBAR
September 4th, 2008, 03:14 AM
Yeah I just checked up on the moddb page and progress looks great, whole lot of graphics and stuff it's cool http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-pcgaming.gif

Zeph
September 4th, 2008, 09:57 AM
The mod you are trying to view has ceased development and consequently been archived. If you are a member of this mod, can demonstrate that it is being actively developed and will be able to keep this profile up to date with the latest news, images, videos and downloads, please contact us with all details and we will consider its re-activation.

ultama121
September 4th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Insert facepalm here.

crysisassassin
September 4th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Hey again sorry for the long wait. Our modelers and a few other ppl have left due to school and other... so the mod has gone inactive. The reason for most mod shutdowns are from lack of ppl able to work on it and the lack of experience and time required to make a mod. I currently have alot of stuff to do school and job wise so I am not able to do it at this time. But there will be plenty of mods released in the next year so... I have also applied for a position in some other mods to perfect my modeling skills and you might even see little mods that I have done within a year or so.

Ki11a_FTW
September 6th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Insert facepalm here.

ok now double face palm :facepalm: :facepalm:

Higuy
September 8th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Can we at least have some pictures of some of the stuff you made.

crysisassassin
September 9th, 2008, 07:16 PM
My modeler is out of town or state or whatever so he can't send pics of the finished work. We had just started so we don't have much work to show.