PDA

View Full Version : Leg problems

Pyong Kawaguchi
August 4th, 2008, 10:14 PM
I have two.
1:
My left leg often has weakness in it, making it so I cannot depend on it for walking, making me need to limp, or use a cane/substitute. It feels like there arent any muscles in there for moving my leg, therefor I am unable to stand properly.
2:
This isnt that big of a problem but I though i'd just throw in in here, Anyways often times when i am sitting and I have my left foot resting on my right knee, right before the kneecap, along with having my right foot, with only the toes touching the ground, sometimes causes it to "bounce" persay, Its controllable, but when I feel like being "limp" it happeneds.

Anyone have any ideas/diagnosi's for the issues described above?

The_Wraith
August 4th, 2008, 10:19 PM
So you want strangers on an internet forum to diagnose your leg problem? Try going to see a doctor.

Sounds almost like there's some sort of muscular dystrophy, but your little explanation of the problem isn't enough to say anything.

Botolf
August 4th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Go see a doctor.

The only advice you should listen to from us internet-folk.

Limited
August 4th, 2008, 10:24 PM
This limp, has it got worse?
Since you've noticed problems in the leg, would you say you have used it less?
Does any part of the leg feel tender?
Has it become sudden after an injury (stupid question yes but still...)

Saggy
August 4th, 2008, 10:26 PM
For #2, I have that happen to me too and I can also control it. I think it is just because you are leaning on some sort of nerve that causes your leg to spasm. It's not really anything to worry about.

SnaFuBAR
August 4th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Go see a doctor. Rep won't make it better.:ssh:

Bastinka
August 4th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Go see a Neurologist, not a doctor.

EDIT: Could be a type of progressive paralysis, but dont question me I'm not a doctor.

SnaFuBAR
August 4th, 2008, 11:36 PM
A neurologist is a doctor...:fail:

Pyong Kawaguchi
August 4th, 2008, 11:46 PM
This limp, has it got worse?
Since you've noticed problems in the leg, would you say you have used it less?
Does any part of the leg feel tender?
Has it become sudden after an injury (stupid question yes but still...)
When it happends, I use it less, then it gets better, I use it again, and it starts to stop working
It feels almost like the join isnt working. almost as if your trying to support something on a lubed joint.

Limited
August 5th, 2008, 12:09 AM
If its not broken, usually you need to make sure you dont keep it idle. Otherwise you will get muscle wastage which will definitely not help your situation. When I injured my leg, 5 days of not usually it properly (was hobbling) and I had muscle wastage and had to do exercises for a couple of weeks.

Perhaps seeing a doctor is the best thing, even though hospital bills are insane in the US.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how bad is the pain when you use it. What kind of pain is it, is it a sharp pain like a knife, or is it more of an annoying pain?

Pyong Kawaguchi
August 5th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Sometimes when I dont use it, it hurts, more of an annoying pain of about 1-2
though when I use it, It depends on what I landed on and how I landed on it
Its more of a sharp pain, that is about 4-6.

p0lar_bear
August 5th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Definitely see a doctor.

...or you could always ask /b/ Hahahaha, don't, they'll fuck you up horribly.

The_Wraith
August 5th, 2008, 01:33 AM
A neurologist is a doctor...:fail:Usually when one says doctor in that context, it means a general practice. You're just nit picking.

Bodzilla
August 5th, 2008, 03:08 AM
Have you Grown alot recently? how old are you?

sounds like what i had, It's just basically that your bones have grown faster then your muscles have been able too, as a result you have trouble supporting yourself, and your knee seems to Lock or give way.

and the bouncing, It's nothing, just nerves tbh. Sit in a chair and put the front of your foot on the ground and hold it there, eventually your leg will just start twitching and bouncing.

Nothing to be afraid of tbh.
But you've got a ticket out of sport.

Pyong Kawaguchi
August 7th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Okey dokey I dont know if ive grown alot, but ive noticed that my bed seems smaller, and less comfortable.
I want a memoryfoam bed >.>

ExAm
August 7th, 2008, 07:26 PM
^Those things rule. I wish I had one.

Pyong Kawaguchi
August 7th, 2008, 07:37 PM
My friend has a normal bed with a memoryfoam thing on top of it, so it feels pretty much the same.
It costed about 100$
I might get one