PDA

View Full Version : [SOURCE] Items not being placed? O.o

SonicXtreme
August 11th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Recently in Hammer , whilst placing stuff in a map i am making when i compile and then test the level ingame , some things show up ingame , and others dont , for instance , i imported Breens Desk and Chair , the Desk shows up , but the Chair does not...

Has anyone else had this problem , or does anyone know of a solution?

Aerowyn
August 12th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Your problem lies in the fact that you are inserting items as the wrong category.

There are prop_statics and prop_physics. You can't place a prop_physics object as a prop_static because physics props can break or move on use or when they are shot.

That's why it's so important to read your compile log to make sure there are no errors.

If you compile your map and read the log afterwards, it should tell you which items you have placed incorrectly.

More than likely, you are putting in the chair as a prop_static, when it is actually a prop_physics, because shooting it will cause it to move.

To make the chair appear, make it a prop_physics. If you want it to remain stationary when you shoot it, you to go the "flags" tab, and click "motion disabled" and "disable movement on player bump" and it should work.

Good luck! Let me know if you need any more help.