PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Favorite Custom Maps and why

Neuro Guro
February 26th, 2007, 04:34 PM
-

Rob Oplawar
February 26th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Good list, except I'd switch Portent and The Narrows, because as good as the Narrows is, I was just blown away by Portent. Also I'd personally put pipe dream in there-
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=487
Not because it's particularly well done, or in fact very good at all, but just because it was one of the first HCE maps I played and I've had some really good laughs there. A ghost with a jump button instead of a boost button? What more could you ask for? XD
-Rob

Dole
February 26th, 2007, 05:33 PM
I've probably said it about a thousand times, but Needleosity is still my favorite map.
Everything about it was exceedingly simple, yet immensely effective.
It is that "efficiency" that continues to attract me to the map... and the fact that it plays like a Bungie original.

From the weapon modifications to the map layout, design, and decoration, the fun factor and intensity was in the same class as Chiron TL34 with all Shotguns and no shields, or Wizard with all rockets, except three times better.

Varmint260
February 26th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Yeah, I can understand you not wanting to add your own maps to the list Neuro, but I would definitely put No_Remorse in place of The Narrows (the only reasons being that I've never played The Narrows, can't really give a good opinion on it and because I love No_Remorse's balance between close range and sniping) and I would put Quagmire in place of Cliffhanger because, although cliffhanger is a great map, Quagmire really was one of my favourite not-played-enough maps. Other than that, I tend to agree with your list. Those maps rock.

Btd69
February 26th, 2007, 06:09 PM
EJ Burkes' maps are by far the best quality i've seen in a CE map. If they don't get ported, then i'll be a sad panda :(

All of your maps neuro, new and old, are all great.

Kagachi
February 26th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Well, I can't help but agree with your map selection, sure I have others that I enjoy more, but these are still marvelous. The sad part (to me) is that I joined Custom Edition too late to see these maps see large amounts of play. Its a pity how even the best maps die for crappy ones.

Hurrvish
February 26th, 2007, 09:01 PM
kagachi, i beg of you, please resize your sig

Xegrot
February 26th, 2007, 11:18 PM
I like all of the maps above, too, except for maybe Camtrack Arena and Anxiety, but I would put Wartorn Cove in first place on my list. I used to have so much fun in the HIVE servers (Right?) when they used to come on every night. CTF was a blast to play. But, here's my official list:

1.Wartorn Cove
-Great CTF Battles
2.Yoyorast Island (Team Slayer, mostly)
-Good for Teamwork to Gain Control of High Points
3.Portent (Even if it hasn't been played much)
-Nice Map Layout and Style
4.New Mombasa Classic
-Vehicle Combat was Good and Good Close Quarter Fighting in Some Areas
5.Zanzibar
-Good Layout and Some Good Areas for Fighting (Would prefer classic version over Halo 2 version)
6.Longest
-Great Map For Slayer and 2-Flag CTF (Used to play it for hours with friends)
7.Infinity (Would've put it first or fifth but too many other good ones XD)
-Great Vehicle Combat and Excellent 2-Flag CTF Gameplay
8.Needleosity
-Good Times with Team and Free-For-All Slayer
9.Abyss
-Maybe A Little Too Large But Still Good For Banshee Dogfights and Team Slayer
10.Gephyrophobia
-Same Reason as Above Except CTF Instead of Slayer

Rob Oplawar
February 27th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Oh, good grief, yeah, how could I forget Yoyorast Island?
-Rob

Limited
February 27th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Still dont understand why everyone loves cliff hanger, wasnt that great in my eyes.

Ive had ALOT of fun on the_hq_halo. isnt the prettiest or well done map but you get the most fun from it, also brings me back to the first CE days.