PDA

View Full Version : [CRYSIS] Crysis: Warhead exclusive trailer.

FireDragon04
August 16th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Crysis: Warhead exclusive trailer.

HD: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38396.html

SD: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38397.html

I sat jaw open watching this on GTTV it was...is...amazing, just got me even more hyped or Crysis 2 Warhead. (lol)
And i'm one of like ten people who actually liked Crysis' story line, and this looks :awesome:...wo!

Snowy
August 16th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Voice acting seems extremely lame.

flibitijibibo
August 16th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Did anyone else notice that large amounts of gameplay footage had bad framerates? Why does that worry me so...

FireDragon04
August 16th, 2008, 10:34 AM
It was no doubt played on a 'high setting' on a low 'power' PC. I played Crysis on medium on my setup with a solid 60fps so I'm not worried, but i did notice it in the video.

Snowy
August 16th, 2008, 10:42 AM
It was no doubt played on a 'high setting' on a low 'power' PC. I played Crysis on medium on my setup with a solid 60fps so I'm not worried, but i did notice it in the video.
No. Why would any game developer, or publisher let a new trailer go out where they're playing it on a "low power" PC? And even if it was, it's still stuttery frame rates.

FireDragon04
August 16th, 2008, 10:56 AM
EA/Crytek have been pushing to say this works well on cheaper PC's and they're even building their own set of PC's for Crysis Warhead so i don't see why not. Either way we'll see in a month-ish as it'll be out soon enough.

Daishi
August 17th, 2008, 02:09 PM
I'm not too worried. Despite EA's relatively bad track record when it comes to pre-patched games, I don't think they'd release such a major franchise title without first making sure it was at least playable.

Lateksi
August 17th, 2008, 03:19 PM
"LET'S JUST KILL IT!" BADASS YEAAHHHNOT. Story may not be Crytek's main point in this game but I will definitely still buy it. If it's better optimized than Crysis, that alone makes it a must-buy for me. I believe the trailer hinted that you get more freedom and space in this game to do all the crazy stuff you want to do.

Zeph
August 17th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Voice acting seems extremely lame.

Yeah, well, that's what you get when you just take pre-recorded sound bytes that are already in the game and make a trailer out of it. Music was halfway decent. Looks like they got someone who actually knows a bit about music theory to score it.

Anyways, front page news up about this now.

Bodzilla
August 17th, 2008, 05:07 PM
id rather a game with good gameplay over a game that looked like a photograph :/
Crysis gameplay shitted me off to no end.

Zeph
August 17th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Did anyone else notice that large amounts of gameplay footage had bad framerates? Why does that worry me so...

:\
I dont think it was bad framerates, but rather just an editing style. Looks like they got a bunch of clips together, got music they wanted, and tried to make it sync by any means necessary (IE, lowering framerate to make a clip last longer).

Bodzilla
August 17th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Just watched it.

um, looked very sketchy :/

DaneO'Roo
August 17th, 2008, 08:41 PM
What?? Why the fuck is the game following Psycho??

Prophet was the interesting one, who disappeared for half the game... and came back with a big motherfucking gun, and then ended up going into the blast. I would've thought logically it would have been much better to go with him, since it seemed he had the fun part of the story, and there's alot of confusion surrounding him.

Wasn't psycho with you most of the game anyway? It'd be pretty much the same game all over again.

>_>

Also, they need to fucking up the anti on the fucking "Maximum Strength" bullshit. I was expecting to be able to throw people 30 yards through a building or throw them into the forest watching them snap trees as they fly. I played crysis and I was bummed to realize I can barely throw a freaking barrel more than 20 feet, and the only thing I ever used the dam strength for was jumping.

Looks good though, I have hopes. The fact that there is now blood is a good sign.

Bad Waffle
August 17th, 2008, 11:30 PM
i bet the next one they do is about prophet. or, its nomad following prophet.

Lateksi
August 18th, 2008, 09:52 AM
They said somewhere that Crysis is most likely going to be a trilogy.

ODX
August 18th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Yes, but Warhead is the second game, and it's the last PC exclusive they're making...so does this mean Prophet's story is going to 360 and PS3?

Pooky
August 18th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Also, they need to fucking up the anti on the fucking "Maximum Strength" bullshit.

THIS. I was hoping to be able to punch holes through solid walls... pick up vehicles (like in the trailer) and have zero recoil on guns. It was pretty disappointing D:

jngrow
August 18th, 2008, 11:36 PM
THIS. I was hoping to be able to punch holes through solid walls... pick up vehicles (like in the trailer) and have zero recoil on guns. It was pretty disappointing D:

Double this.

And also, Jason Stateham/Psycho = no. Fuck that shit, seriously, boring ass character.

Bodzilla
August 19th, 2008, 06:35 AM
But it's Jason Stateham!

ExAm
August 19th, 2008, 07:19 PM
But it's Jason Stateham!Statham, not state-ham :v:

Also, he never picked up a car in the trailer, he just kept it from crushing him as it sailed over him sideways.

Roostervier
August 19th, 2008, 07:22 PM
It doesn't look all that great. I've not been happy with the project from the start, considering the news about the game being in production was announced right after they said they had dropped support on the first Crysis. EA took a shit all over the first game; if it happens again, I don't think I'll be playing a Crysis game ever again. EA publishes too many games to say never EA again, but I'll definitely consider less.

e: Besides, despite looking graphically beautiful, the first game was really lackluster.

Needles
August 24th, 2008, 02:31 PM
This actually looks great imo. I really liked the crysis demo, but I knew it'd be no fun because it'd be so laggy on my 8600gt... that or it'd have to be on a lower res (800x600,1024x968...
or was it 1024x768?) and look like crap.

The first crysis played on all medium, 1680x1050, no AA at 16-18 FPS, I'm hoping warhead will at least have 30-35 fps.

Storage: 15GB
Whoah..I didn't notice that..
A bit big, my largest game, UT3, only takes 8 gb.