PDA

View Full Version : DMT - Silent Photagrapher Mod Release

Inferno
August 17th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Maps done. I was really planning on polishing it up and making it into a really outstanding mod but i lost interest in the project and decided to release it in its current state because its fun to play but its just not high quality triple A material. And besides why would i just not finish and let the project disappear after all the work i put into it?

Anyways here's a list of features in the map.

- Flash Light has been replaced with "Madda Cheef Time" Which is a more bad ass version of bullet time. It slows down the game to 0.5 speed and it also activates "Cheef Vizeon" which lights up the area around you making it easier to see invisible elites and enemy's in the dark.

- Added a couple of new weapons.
//- Battle Rifle
//- SMG
//- Carbine
//- Flame Thrower

- Modified most of the existing weapons
//- Pistol (no scope, higher ROF)
//- Assault Rifle (halo 3 style)
//- Plasma Rifle (powered up, Skinned)
//- Plasma Pistol (Skinned)
//- Needler (powered up, edited shaders)
//- Sniper (added recoil night vision removed)
//- Shotgun (Skinned)

- Skulls
//- Blind
//- Bandolier
//- Juggernaut
//- Aragranok
//- Infernal
//- Shadow step
//- Divine (Which doesn't really work properly)

- 1 New Cutscene
- a couple of new encounters and enemy types (sniper jackals, Honor Guards, etc)
- A couple of new Objectives
- And some modifications Here and there.

List of bugs and "fucked up shit" - This is the list of things I wanted to fix but never got around to actually doing so.

- Hud messages are screwed up and Icons are wrong as well.
- The slowmo screen effect doesn't work.
- All of the FP weapon animations are PLACE HOLDER! Don't bitch about them.
- Most of the weapons models and textures were also place holder.
- IMPORTANT - When you get to the part where you open the door. (at shaft_B) you will come out of the building and see the pelican crashed out on the beach. Originally i was going to do a cut scene of the MC sliding down the cliff to the pelican but i never got around to animating it. So what you MUST DO when you get to that part is get the over shield and slide down that cliff and get into the tank. If you don't it messes up the giant beach tank war that you have to fight.
- There are a lot of other little things i wanted to fix ( like the cinematic bipeds not matching) and i don't want to list every single one so I'm going to stop here.

Pictures

http://www.freewebs.com/infernosk8terstuff/Screenshots.PNG
Video http://www.xfire.com/video/1c02d/

Mirror courtesy of Stank Bacon (http://www.hivclan.net/maps/b30.rar)

Rapidshare Download (un-protected version of map) (http://rapidshare.com/files/138594230/b30.rar.html) (actually works now :rolleyes:)

Halomaps.org Download (protected version of map) (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4050)

Disclaimer - Zeph is in no way affiliated with the map.

Credits - A couple of people mainly though.

MALOLO - For Awesome Bipeds.
Versen - For some good ideas.
Jahrain - For lost spartan tags.
Tazz - Some skins.

Really Unnecessary subliminal messages... Pfftt! What a conspiracy... I mean like seriously!

Invader Veex
August 17th, 2008, 08:43 PM
I didn't see that video you had posted, yet, but once this is uploaded to Halomaps I'll download and give it a try. I'm working on a b30 mod, myself. :3

SMASH
August 17th, 2008, 10:31 PM
DL doesn't work... kinda want to play this.

StankBacon
August 17th, 2008, 11:11 PM
learn to post links please.

t3h m00kz
August 18th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Rapidshare link's broked. Pics are a bit dark but good lord I wan play it

Pooky
August 18th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Link broken, lol'd at the disclaimer.

Nimverus
August 19th, 2008, 10:21 AM
It looks cool , I want to play it but i cant find my halo disk :confused2:

demonmaster3k
August 19th, 2008, 10:59 AM
rapidshare sux upload it on filefront

Invader Veex
August 19th, 2008, 01:56 PM
It looks cool , I want to play it but i cant find my halo disk :confused2:

update the game. 1.08 or whatever it is allows no-disk if you have the game installed.

Inferno
August 19th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Sorry about the broken link guys. I posted the map at like 10:00 on Sunday night and my parents were pissed off at me and kept yelling at me to go to bed so all i had time to do was spell check and post. Monday i was busy helping my parents re-paint the room I'm sitting in so I didn't get a chance to fix it then.

I'm re-uploading the map at this very moment.

-edit-

Link fixed http://rapidshare.com/files/138594230/b30.rar.html

Ro0ster
August 19th, 2008, 09:25 PM
I found all the skulls execpt for blind and jugernaut.

StankBacon
August 19th, 2008, 10:37 PM
ah the joys a rapidshare premium account :D

mb ill toss up a mirror for the hell of it.

supersniper
August 19th, 2008, 11:10 PM
... filefront ...

StankBacon
August 19th, 2008, 11:44 PM
http://www.hivclan.net/maps/b30.rar

^

Pooky
August 20th, 2008, 12:45 AM
http://www.hivclan.net/maps/b30.rar

^

Nice. I did want to try this, and any download that's not from rapidshare is a blessing.

Inferno
August 20th, 2008, 05:08 PM
I found all the skulls execpt for blind and jugernaut.

That was pretty damn fast. Although I can't believe you didn't find blind i hid it like in plain sight.

And thanks for the mirror. I distribute all my beta's over rapid share so I'm used to the annoying download process.

Corndogman
August 20th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Looks good, but I'm getting a little sick of seeing that sunset sky being used in a b30 mod.

Inferno
August 20th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Night on B30 was too dark and day is to bright. So sunset it was. :rolleyes:

Corndogman
August 20th, 2008, 06:40 PM
I agree that it looks good, its just that I've seen it a lot before.

Heathen
August 20th, 2008, 08:47 PM
I will do a "Raining dead clowns and Fece's" mod for you corndog.

Pooky
August 21st, 2008, 12:08 AM
I have to admit, I had a lot (15 minutes) of fun with this. Nothing about it is shockingly original, but the slow motion does a great job of letting the player feel cool, which is important in any single player action game. CMT should consider doing something like that instead of the boring old flashlight tbh.

sdavis117
August 21st, 2008, 09:53 AM
I have played through most of the level and I have some complaints (and then compliments). Ah hell, I'll do the compliments first:

~ Slo-mo was a really fun edition to the game. It made it so that you could do certain things easier, like dodge plasma and aim for headshots.

~ The improved bipeds worked great.

Now for the complaints:

~ I know you said that dusk lighting was the best balance, but could you have least of put some lights in the darker areas? Some of the areas were impossible to see in without the flashlight (which is only enabled when you go to slow-mo).

~ There was a glitch where that Ranger Elite over by the entrance to the security complex just stayed where it was and spun in circles, excelerating as time went by. I finally just stuck it with a pnade, but I would have liked to have actually faced the ranger elite.

~ Some of the weapon models just feel unfinished. I can't put my finger on it, but they do.

Hotrod
August 21st, 2008, 12:38 PM
Well, after playing this, I have to say that it was very well done for what it is, and that you should try to finish it. I loved the hidden Dual Pistols, wherever they might be hidden (can't let the secret out). I also loved how you added to the level, by adding parts to the mission, such as the wait at the end, before pickup.

However, At the beginning of the level, it's too much for the little squad of Marines, that always gets killed, which leads to a problem for when you want to use your Warthog, since there's nobody to go in the passenger and gunner seats. It would have helped to have some extra Marines be dropped off at the same time as the Warthog. I think that the one Ranger Elite isn't really enough, and that you should have added a few more here and there. Also, when you move in the Scorpion, the turret automatically goes downwards, just fast enough that you can't control it.

So, if you do decide to finish this, which I really hope you do, you could take a look at those problems. This is probably one of the best SP mods out there, and I really think that it could go far.

Ro0ster
August 21st, 2008, 01:45 PM
[quote=Hotrod;292707]I loved the hidden Dual Pistols, wherever they might be hidden (can't let the secret out).
quote]

I found those, and there was a weird Miranda Biped with no collsion model standing there.

Edit: wtf the quote messed up.

Heathen
August 21st, 2008, 09:25 PM
gotta end with [/quote]

StankBacon
August 22nd, 2008, 06:58 AM
i played through this and didn't find any eggs at all... in fact, the only weapons i even used were the pistol, sniper and pr...

:|

Pooky
August 22nd, 2008, 01:35 PM
all I ever used was the plasma pistol and BR pretty much :p

Inferno
August 22nd, 2008, 06:08 PM
I would have liked to finish this but i really didn't have time to. I started this at the beginning of summer working on it on and off between other projects I'm doing for CE and now that I'm back in school i don't really have time to work on it anymore.

Damn School. I wish i could *censored*
Btw anyone beaten it on legendary yet. I never managed to get all the way through.

Heathen
August 22nd, 2008, 06:13 PM
Damn School. I wish i had lots of cock.

Thats cause for legal inspection.

Inferno
August 22nd, 2008, 06:39 PM
Better?

Heathen
August 22nd, 2008, 10:06 PM
No. I still want to eat you.

Inferno
August 23rd, 2008, 10:32 AM
Eat me? :confused2:

Pkmnrulz240
August 26th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Tried this out the other night... pretty fun. The tank battle felt a little weak, but, oh well.

The ending was intense, with the insane amount of Elites converging on your position. Dear God. Not sure if it was intended to be like this, but you could have added firing positions inside the structure closer to the ramp at the end in order to keep the pressure on the player. As it was, I was able to keep peeking out, firing off a half of a clip, then darting back to cover, until the Pelican arrived. It got kind of scary, though, as I ran out of ammo quite quickly...

Inferno
August 27th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Tried this out the other night... pretty fun. The tank battle felt a little weak, but, oh well.

The ending was intense, with the insane amount of Elites converging on your position. Dear God. Not sure if it was intended to be like this, but you could have added firing positions inside the structure closer to the ramp at the end in order to keep the pressure on the player. As it was, I was able to keep peeking out, firing off a half of a clip, then darting back to cover, until the Pelican arrived. It got kind of scary, though, as I ran out of ammo quite quickly...

Actually the thing was it was way too hard when i made them have the "tenacious" search behavior and they ran up into the building and owned you. :lol:

007useless
August 27th, 2008, 08:59 PM
nic

DarkHalo003
August 27th, 2008, 09:39 PM
The map was too hard to see most of the time and sort of laggy (which could easily be my computer).

Inferno
August 28th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Probably el computadora. I never had any lag what so ever on the map and trust me, I played through it like 80 times in beta.

scout1337
August 28th, 2008, 09:23 PM
NICE elite model dude i love it

Hotrod
August 29th, 2008, 06:31 AM
It's a ripped from Halo 2, as well as all the other enemies...(except the Elite ranger, that's CMT's)

wanger
August 29th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Actually the thing was it was way too hard when i made them have the "tenacious" search behavior and they ran up into the building and owned you. :lol:

Yet that was avoidable too :D. You just had to get a scorpion tank into the building, them jam yourself between it and the wall. The tank was your barrier :lol:

Inferno
August 29th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Yeah um I'm wondering if my map got rejected from halomaps.org cause its been like 2 weeks now since i uploaded and he hasn't added it. So... anyone mind helping me out on this?

StankBacon
August 29th, 2008, 05:30 PM
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1701

there is already a map with the name b30.

Inferno
August 29th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Ooohh fuck i forgot about that rule. Shit, I'll re upload when i get a chance.

jngrow
August 29th, 2008, 10:42 PM
GAH WTF.

I was thinking of ideas for a custom SP map, and a Longsword airstrike was one of them. :'(

Fun, like the AR texture, map is too dark.

Alwin Roth
September 7th, 2008, 10:51 AM
i've played it and its really fun, but one thing.

when that count down goes off, i dont get where im supposed to go... when im driving around the lvl it keeps saying checkpoint and when the timer reaches 0 nothing happens...

Inferno
September 7th, 2008, 01:06 PM
When the count down goes off a pelican lands right out side the building. Your supposed to get in it then.

Halo maps link is FINALLY fucking up. Took Dennis like 3 weeks.