PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Variant

unknown v2
August 19th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Variant

By Unknown

With this program, you can edit many gametype options directly from the container. Remember to resign the file.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/6521/variantat8.png

Credits:
Lux : Thank you so much for you help. I can't fully express my gratitude.
Supermodder911 : Amazing helper. Thank you . Also inspired this program.
Eazy B : Whitepaper and testing.
DEEHunter : Weapon Enums

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?h26negijg3t

DEElekgolo
August 19th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Isnt this miniuvats? (spelled wrong) It looks no different from it.

Also I was the one who did the weapon enums. He copied and pasted it from the post I made on se7en sins. Including the mistakes I made. And if you notice he doesnt have the enum for missile pods that I have.

Hotrod
August 19th, 2008, 01:30 PM
So, how exactly does this differ than making a new gametype in the game?

unknown v2
August 19th, 2008, 01:51 PM
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/8813/screen1zt0.png

This looks the same as mine? What?

DEElekgolo
August 19th, 2008, 01:54 PM
He was working on a new version before his topic got locked when they found out he was using shades resigner.

unknown v2
August 19th, 2008, 01:56 PM
He was working on a new version before his topic got locked when they found out he was using shades resigner.

That's his problem :\. Stealing code isn't cool.

LinkandKvel
August 19th, 2008, 04:04 PM
So, how exactly does this differ than making a new gametype in the game?
^This

Heathen
August 19th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Starting weapon = flamethrower isnt a default choice.

Adds MINUTE extra abilities that bungie left out for reasons.

Hotrod
August 19th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Such as what exactly? I can easily see the difference in miniuvats, but not with Variant.

Heathen
August 19th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Not everything is visible.

It basically adds stuff like Instant respawn, starting with unavalable weapons (like Beam Rifle, Flame Thrower, or Missile Pod), shit like that.

DEElekgolo
August 21st, 2008, 01:51 PM
Your welcome for the weapon enums... Who do you think was the one who found out what enum the flamethrower and missile pod is?

leorimolo
August 21st, 2008, 11:12 PM
Your welcome for the weapon enums... Who do you think was the one who found out what enum the flamethrower and missile pod is?

Eazy did...

DEElekgolo
August 25th, 2008, 10:15 PM
No. He didnt. He only had 2 weapons then I replied with the rest of the enums I researched 9 days after the resigner was released. He used mines. Didnt give credit. Ever since I replied with my enums he edited his post and copied and pasted it. I know he copied and pasted it because he even copied and pasted the way I spelled battle rifle and plasma rifle wrong.

unknown v2
August 26th, 2008, 04:26 AM
I added you to the front page...

Terry
August 26th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Not everything is visible.

It basically adds stuff like Instant respawn, starting with unavalable weapons (like Beam Rifle, Flame Thrower, or Missile Pod), shit like that.

On all maps? Because Bungie's reasoning limiting the start weapons was that all weapons do not appear on all maps and that it was not possible. But I mean, if this can do it then that is pretty awesome and probably means Bungie told us a half-truth and that they just simply can't fix that mistake.

EDIT: Oh, so apparently it doesn't work on all maps, my bad. Well, this is good for LANs and keeping to yourself I guess, but I assume these hacked gametypes would get the filesharers banned? Quite a downside.

unknown v2
August 27th, 2008, 04:46 AM
On all maps? Because Bungie's reasoning limiting the start weapons was that all weapons do not appear on all maps and that it was not possible. But I mean, if this can do it then that is pretty awesome and probably means Bungie told us a half-truth and that they just simply can't fix that mistake.

EDIT: Oh, so apparently it doesn't work on all maps, my bad. Well, this is good for LANs and keeping to yourself I guess, but I assume these hacked gametypes would get the filesharers banned? Quite a downside.

Well if you name it something like a normal gametype, I doubt Bungie will care because they probably won't check it. They launched the bans when people started being stupid and putting modded screenshots on their fileshares and they can see if it is modded or not on Bungie.net.