PDA

View Full Version : The Party System

MereCatfish
September 25th, 2006, 01:41 PM
So we know that H2V's online system will take the shape of a server browser (thank goodness - I may have killed something if Matchmaking happened on PC). However, one very cool and relatively innovative thing about H2X was the Party system, whereby groups of friends/clan members could stay together from playlist to playlist (or in this case, server to server). I feel that the party system would be a valuable addition to H2V, but it may be hard to implement without game lobbies. Views?

Boo Diddly
September 25th, 2006, 02:24 PM
that would be nice.

TheGhost
September 25th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Yes... I wonder what that would be like to integrate into a server browser-based online gaming system. That's probably stuff we will hear about in updates though, so that's good. I mean, they already told us we'd be using dedis.

Cortexian
September 25th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Having a server browser-based system without some form of dedicated server is stupid anyhow...

Maybe they could make a system were if the host wants to leave, he can assign a new host...

Agamemnon
September 25th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Live Anywhere is supposedly going to boast such a feat.

Zeph
September 25th, 2006, 05:23 PM
I think it will still be there. I'm pretty sure H2V is going to be using a Live Anywhere system, so there will be a login and mos likely friend lists. The party system should work perfectly like normal. You dont have to rent or own a dedicated server to start a game. People could join your party and then the party leader could simply start an internet game. And it'd play until all the leaders quit or the game is ended. If the party leader doesn't want to start a game themselves, they can just join into a dedicated server with enough room for everyone.

Rescudo
September 26th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Being able to register your name and then have to log in would be very good. Would get rid of imposters. I also hope there will be some sort of clan system, so clan imposters are eliminated as well (would be good for me, seeing as there are two fake SR~'s running around >_>). And a built-in Friends list system would also be good. I'm not sure which of these features have already been announced, but that's what I want. Oh, and...

Maybe they could make a system were if the host wants to leave, he can assign a new host...

^

MereCatfish
September 26th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Perhaps this whole Windows Live/Xbox Live thing will come in to play - using your Xbox gamertag and your Windows live passport, etc.

I neglected to mention clans - they were a key aspect to Halo 2's success, and Bungie will certainly know about the popularity of clans on the PC platform.

Kornman00
April 2nd, 2007, 06:45 PM
OHa4Pn6quLQ

EVERYBODY DANCE NOW! :woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::hyper::hyper: :hyper::eekdance::eekdance::eekdance:

:gtfo: