PDA

View Full Version : [APP] Skys The Limit

Limited
August 22nd, 2008, 07:03 PM
Skys The Limit
v1.1
By Limited and Skyline

3rd Person and FoV hack for 1.08, this is only for Halo CE, don't bother asking for PC.
Its pretty self explanatory, there's a help section if you get really stuck.
http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=programjn2.pnghttp://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=programjn2.png
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/103/programjn2.png

K well worked on a fix for the few problems that occurred.

Degrees conversion
Preset Fov
Fixed Fov
Increased max FoV
Issues with FoV on gametypes that dont start with pistol.
Works on all maps

Download (Fixed) (http://www.filefront.com/15328353/SkysTheLimit_1.3.3.8.rar)

How to use:
Extract the files in any location you want, just make sure they are all in the same folder. Double click the .exe to make it run.

Lateksi
August 22nd, 2008, 07:13 PM
I will test it out, looks like a quality app ;)

E:// You know its all cool but only thing I can't do is increasing/decreasing my fov.

Ro0ster
August 22nd, 2008, 07:19 PM
Now that is COOL.

What do I do with the hackerstools.ddl?

After a while it gave me an execption. And couldnt increase, decrease or reset withpout minmizing halo and manually clicking it in the App.

And i wish you could move the camera left or right in 3rd person, becuase you can't really see what you are shooting at. But its still cool.

Lateksi
August 22nd, 2008, 07:34 PM
Now that is COOL.

What do I do with the hackerstools.ddl?
The app didn't work for me wihtout the .dll file

legionaire45
August 22nd, 2008, 08:24 PM
I have the .dll file in my Halo CE directory but the FOV hack part isn't working - 3rd Person works fine but the FOV remains unchanged =/.

Evil_Monkey
August 22nd, 2008, 08:32 PM
I also have the same problem as the others, everything but the FOV works. I tried manually setting it using the slider rather than the hotkeys but it still didn't work. I tested it on both 32 and 64 bit Vista.

E: Ok, I found a fix right click on the exe/shortcut and run as administrator. The FOV will change.

Needles
August 22nd, 2008, 08:46 PM
I am going to try it tomorrow, it looks great. (Also, I have to run all of my halo 1 and halo 2 apps as admin for any to work)

For those who are interested in halo PC, Bitterbanana's still works on halo PC's 1.8. You have to:
1. Enable 3rd person as soon as game starts.
2. Choose campaign or multiplayer, keep 3rd person, NO FOV enhancement until the level loads.
3. You can then start up FOV enhancement, or keep third person on.

Repeat for switching between campaign, multilayer, and multilayer matches.

Higuy
August 22nd, 2008, 09:12 PM
Havent tried yet but looks really good. Keep up the good work.

ODX
August 22nd, 2008, 09:40 PM
Heheh, going into first person while on a turret is fun, shooting rockets out of a pistol is cool. Going first person while driving goes between the wheels, and going third person while in the side seat...surprisingly goes into third person and in the same spot the third person camera is in a map like, Z_Coagulation. I like doing Widescreen too, even though my computer is square shaped.

legionaire45
August 22nd, 2008, 09:49 PM
App doesn't work for me on Vista Ultimate x64 even with Evil_Monkey's fix.

@Limited: Two features that would be nice to have - automatic conversion from radians to degrees (shouldn't be too hard. Hell, it's not even necessary but it would be nice [no trigonometry required D:]) and also have it save a log file so that you don't have to put the FoV back every time (Bitterbanana's had something like this IIRC).

supersniper
August 22nd, 2008, 11:26 PM
Damn wish I could test it out but I'm out of town for the weekend so I'm not at my computer... Let me know how it works.

Patrickssj6
August 23rd, 2008, 03:25 AM
Skyline is that my module? If not you need to upgrade your APIs ffs or use a PE explorer and change a certain .NET Flag I could tell you on MSN or VA...

Needles
August 23rd, 2008, 07:28 AM
Your app only works on bloodgulch...
Plus, after about 2 min it crashes halo.

Needles
August 23rd, 2008, 01:49 PM
Anybody know a way for me to get the FOV enhancement to work on maps other than bloodgulch?

Bastinka
August 23rd, 2008, 03:20 PM
Would probably be a great tool for some machinima kiddies, but I wouldn't know seeing as I've never made one... that doesn't mean I might not make one ever though. :-3

hint hint?

Skyline
August 23rd, 2008, 10:39 PM
Wow, it seems both of us tested it only on bloodgulch.

Added:

-Degrees conversion
-Preset Fov
-Fixed Fov
-Increased max Fov

Limited
August 24th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Version 1.1 out, hopefully should fix errors that have been happening :D

See first post for more details.

legionaire45
August 24th, 2008, 04:13 PM
This version works :D. Awesome job, thanks guys <3.

Con
August 25th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Why did you have to make page up and page down the hotkeys, those are the same keys alldev uses.

also, can we move the 3rd person view?

Limited
August 25th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Well this has dev so you can just use this. No you cant move the 3rd person view, you can use FoV to go back further but cant move camera left/right up/down.

supersniper
August 25th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Yeah I wish you guys would've figured that part out. It's kind of hard to aim with a biped in the middle :(

Still an amazing app.

Patrickssj6
August 25th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Try changing the shift vectors...Skyline knows I think.

Limited
August 25th, 2008, 01:16 PM
I've been trying that the whole time Pat. It gets the players location, then adds numbers to it via a loop and at some point it stops.

FRain
August 27th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Now, all you need to do is enable in 3rd person for you to rotate around the character.

Limited
August 27th, 2008, 05:40 PM
It does rotate around the character, or do you mean fully look around so you can see front/side/back?

Syuusuke
August 27th, 2008, 05:54 PM
I think he meant the last part.

The_KillSmith
February 19th, 2009, 07:29 AM
So I'm new to this guys. I was wondering if someone could walk me through it.

I have Halo installed and patched to v1.08. I have a widescreen monitor with a native resolution of 1680 x 1050, so I want to run Halo in that resolution with the correct aspect ratio/FOV/whatever. I'm not interested in 3rd person, just want the view to be right.

What do I need to do in order to achieve this? I've already added: -vidmode 1680,1050,60 to the shortcut. I've downloaded this program. But I'm not sure what settings to use or how to get this to work correctly, or if it's even possible. To me, everything still seems "stretched" in the game.

Thanks everyone! :-)

Rook
February 19th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Oh just saw this thread. I liked using a slightly different FOV with Yelo in 1.07, but gave up on it in 1.08 because I like the no disc plus. Maybe you could work some in game intergration like Yelo?

Limited
February 19th, 2009, 09:51 AM
You mean ability to type something in-game to change fov?

Syuusuke
February 19th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Some type of direct hooky-hooky, like Yelo.

The_KillSmith
February 19th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Ok, umm... hmm.

All I want to do is run Halo PC v1.08 (or perhaps v1.07 if that is not possible) at a resolution of 1680x1050 and I want the in-game ratio (or FOV or whatever is the correct term) to be correct for that 10:16 aspect resolution... not just a stretched out 4:3 aspect ratio or a 4:3 ratio that's cut off at the top and bottom or whatever other weird things that can happen. Is there any way to do this? I'd love to get this working before I play through the single player campaign. Any instructions or download links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again guys!

Syuusuke
February 19th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Download this (http://www12.brinkster.com/bitterbanana/builds/YeloBattery-Release03.rar)

Follow directions carefully and when you join a server, open it by pressing F7, Hud Options (3), and turn on HUD scaling (2).

Note: This will only work with 1.07.

Lateksi
February 19th, 2009, 01:01 PM
...And to play 1.07 you need this (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11796&highlight=version+changer). Life is easy huh?

Well, technology isn't.

Syuusuke
February 19th, 2009, 01:19 PM
To play on 1.08 from 1.07, you use that

Rook
February 19th, 2009, 02:26 PM
You mean ability to type something in-game to change fov?
Yes, like where in Yelo you hit F7 or something to pull up the little menu. No idea how hard that is to do though.

Warsaw
February 19th, 2009, 03:51 PM
You know, if you have Bitterbanana's older third-person/FoV hack, you can still use it with any version of Halo including 1.08. Yelo is awesome, this thing is awesome, but the old one works just as well.

The_KillSmith
February 19th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Download this (http://www12.brinkster.com/bitterbanana/builds/YeloBattery-Release03.rar)

Follow directions carefully and when you join a server, open it by pressing F7, Hud Options (3), and turn on HUD scaling (2).

Note: This will only work with 1.07.

I can't figure out how to get myself back to 1.07. I uninstalled/reinstalled the game, but when I try to update it tries to install 1.08. I even have the old HaloPC107.exe, but it doesn't seem to be working. Says I need to get the new update from Microsoft's site (I'm assuming 1.08).

BTW guys... I'm strictly doing all this for Halo PC... not Halo CE... I'm not interested in playing online. I just want to play through the single player campaign with good widescreen support.

Syuusuke
February 19th, 2009, 06:39 PM
You might have the slightly newer 1.07...don't know how to help you for the regular Halo, I only know where the older CE 1.07 is.

DJ_Stephan
February 19th, 2009, 07:01 PM
There used to be a fix for 1.8 that allowed stuff to work such as Skys the limit app.
I cant find it anywhere.

The_KillSmith
February 19th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Man, this is so frustrating :-\ All I wanna do is play through Halo single player with correct widescreen :-(

The_KillSmith
February 20th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Is there any program out there that works with v1.08 of Halo PC to correct the widescreen thing? (or perhaps a way to get back to v1.07)?

PS: Anyone had trouble with the sounds FX clipping off (for instance, when firing the assault rifle or pistol)?

Pooky
February 20th, 2009, 07:24 PM
BTW guys... I'm strictly doing all this for Halo PC... not Halo CE... I'm not interested in playing online. I just want to play through the single player campaign with good widescreen support.

Follow the instructions for CE, then download the converted Campaign maps off halomaps.org, and this as well

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1607

t3h m00kz
February 20th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Is there any program out there that works with v1.08 of Halo PC to correct the widescreen thing? (or perhaps a way to get back to v1.07)?

PS: Anyone had trouble with the sounds FX clipping off (for instance, when firing the assault rifle or pistol)?

You could do what I do.

Re-install to 1.00, get a manual update for 1.07, and use Halo Version Changer. That will allow you to play 1.08 servers with a 1.07 client, and allow you to use 1.07 apps such as Yelo Battery release 3 and BitterBananna's FOV hacks.

Syuusuke
February 20th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Is there one for regular Halo PC? Not CE. (manual patch)

http://download.microsoft.com/download/c/f/7/cf761f4d-f140-4516-a08c-22615246f158/HaloPC107.exe
try that one>?

supersniper
February 21st, 2009, 12:39 AM
You can always find manual patches for Halo PC for any ve4rsion