PDA

View Full Version : More accurate when erect?

Pooky
February 27th, 2007, 03:49 PM
When playing hugeass (I know right) a couple days ago, I noticed that It's more accurate when scoped

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/3820d8997b6e840ea2ebf4ba4e5dd1cf4046d9ee.png

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/c7f643106fc731e4d08c0d78a8fca562dac9f245.png

Does anyone know how this was done? I'm assuming it fires a different proj when scoped, which would open the door for lots of interesting things like weapons that are full auto when unscoped and burst when scoped.

Limited
February 27th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Arnt you using 2 different guns?

TeeKup
February 27th, 2007, 04:33 PM
No. The Hugeass assault rifle was given a scope, when zoomed in, it has the pistol cross hair.

Limited
February 27th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Perhaps looking at weapons tags in more detail..

Zeph
February 27th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Essentially yes. When zoomed in, there's more pixelage to fine tune where the impact is at, so the engine places the decal in a slightly different spot. Projectile magnetism typically overcomes this. It's really bad in Halo 2, if you care to hop in headlong to shoot the big walls and see.

TheGhost
February 27th, 2007, 05:19 PM
I'm pretty sure it's intentional. I thought it was in the tags.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
February 27th, 2007, 06:12 PM
I'm pretty sure it's intentional. I thought it was in the tags.It is. There is a flag for "Error when unzoomed." Which means that it doesn't shoot right in the center where it's supposed to. Like the sniper, the more you zoom in, the more accurate it is.

PenGuin1362
February 28th, 2007, 11:12 AM
yea uncheck error when zoomed. makes no sense really though. looking down the scope of an m249 is not gunna make it any more accurate...

itszutak
February 28th, 2007, 02:12 PM
I noticed that the pistol uses it as well...

And it is easier to fire through ironsights then from the hip, right? <_<;

Pooky
February 28th, 2007, 06:40 PM
yea uncheck error when zoomed. makes no sense really though. looking down the scope of an m249 is not gunna make it any more accurate...

No, that would be lame. Thought there might be the possibility of different fire modes when scoped, though.

Chief117
February 28th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Uh, I've always known that. Since when I first played CE(november06).

Spartan000
March 1st, 2007, 05:04 AM
hugeass and coldsnap suck, the content is good, but the maps just... suck

ExAm
March 1st, 2007, 08:45 PM

It will, however, keep your gun more steady (as opposed to firing from the hip) and help you aim more accurately. The game doesn't seem to have any sort of gun jitter system, so it just spreads the bullets as they come out of the gun. Actually, there is one thing, but it only goes up and down. "angle", I think the offset is called. -1 angle corresponds to 1 degree of upward tilt when fired. A great example of this is in Ross' Timberland mod.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
March 1st, 2007, 10:09 PM
Actually, it is possible to make a gun have a 'jitter', it would be done by animation. But obviously it was never done.

PenGuin1362
March 1st, 2007, 10:15 PM
It will, however, keep your gun more steady (as opposed to firing from the hip) and help you aim more accurately. The game doesn't seem to have any sort of gun jitter system, so it just spreads the bullets as they come out of the gun. Actually, there is one thing, but it only goes up and down. "angle", I think the offset is called. -1 angle corresponds to 1 degree of upward tilt when fired. A great example of this is in Ross' Timberland mod.

actually it uses a range between a angle and b angle is where the bullet will hit at random, it works good with recoil so that full automatic firing will make it horribly inaccurate and short bursts are much more accurate.

and mounting my gun on my shoulder and getting a firm grip would keep the gun steady but the way halo works is pretty much makes it dead on when zoomed.

Pooky
March 1st, 2007, 10:56 PM

He did do that but people have been putting recoil on weapons with HMT for a long time =|

rossmum
March 1st, 2007, 11:26 PM
actually it uses a range between a angle and b angle is where the bullet will hit at random, it works good with recoil so that full automatic firing will make it horribly inaccurate and short bursts are much more accurate.

and mounting my gun on my shoulder and getting a firm grip would keep the gun steady but the way halo works is pretty much makes it dead on when zoomed.
Yeah, but it also works that way. As well as the spread, you can make the gun kick up/down a certain amount per shot, either permanently or for a second or so.

ExAm
March 2nd, 2007, 12:37 AM
Actually, it is possible to make a gun have a 'jitter', it would be done by animation. But obviously it was never done.

Bullets will still go in the same direction. Try this. Melee with the shotgun and hold the fire button right after. It will fire while you're lowering it, but it'll still shoot as if it was in its normal position.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
March 2nd, 2007, 12:54 AM
No, I've already tried and proven my theory, it works. Since the gun and it's markers are linked to the right hand of the masterchief, when you move his hand, it moves the gun and it's #primary marker along with it, which is where the bullets come from.

p0lar_bear
March 2nd, 2007, 01:02 AM
Projectiles come out of the FP camera's position unless you check the flag labeled something like "fires from weapon origin."