PDA

View Full Version : [TF2] Arena: Your thoughts?

n00b1n8R
August 28th, 2008, 02:57 AM
The heavy update's been out for coming up a fortnight now, and I think we've all had time to play a few rounds of arena. So my question is, what's your thoughts?

I really haven't had much time to play games this week, so arena has been great for me (I'd rather not dedicate 30-45 minutes to a game of goldrush or gravelpit). Asides from the whole sitting out crap, I really can't fault it (note I try to play on maps designed for arena, not remakes of existing maps). Rounds are fast, I get use out of my kritskrieg and it's a blast to play.

Discuss.

Pope
August 28th, 2008, 03:12 AM
The heavy update's been out for coming up a fortnight now, and I think we've all had time to play a few rounds of arena. So my question is, what's your thoughts?

I really haven't had much time to play games this week, so arena has been great for me (I'd rather not dedicate 30-45 minutes to a game of goldrush or gravelpit). Asides from the whole sitting out crap, I really can't fault it (note I try to play on maps designed for arena, not remakes of existing maps). Rounds are fast, I get use out of my kritskrieg and it's a blast to play.

Discuss.

Sitting out is lame but other than that Arena gets my approval. It allows all classes to be good in like 90% of situations and forces teams to really work together.

CabooseJr
August 28th, 2008, 05:32 AM
It's a very interesting new concept of teamwork. I only prefer to play on Lumberyard though. I basically takes the Rambo out of TF2 and turns them into campers or medic/heavy teams.

Bodzilla
August 28th, 2008, 06:47 AM
It's alright,

but i'm too busy making sweet sweet gay love to Backwater basin.
god i love it.

n00b1n8R
August 28th, 2008, 06:51 AM
There are australian servers running it now?

I could only find the one a few days ago D:

E: since when is BWB a guy? :aaaaa:

Bodzilla
August 28th, 2008, 07:25 AM
what do you mean Australian servers?

I've been playing it in aus servers since the day it came out, where the hell have you been :o

Pooky
August 28th, 2008, 09:14 AM
I loved it at first, but it can get really tiresome when some dick snipes you right at the beginning of one round then you have to sit out the next.

Botolf
August 28th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Love it. Although I only want to play on Lumberyard, because the map simply rocks. I love pushing people into the gorge with my airblast, then throwing myself into it at the end of the round.

n00b1n8R
August 29th, 2008, 08:05 AM
I just played a 12v12 game earlier.

I havn't had this little fun since my last counter strike binge. :sick:

6v6 limit plox.

Bodzilla
August 29th, 2008, 07:15 PM
no you want a 13 player server limit, that what you'll get 6v6 and only 1 person has to sit out.

n00b1n8R
August 29th, 2008, 07:55 PM
If that was a joke, it wasn't funny and if it was srs why would you want to have someone sit out?

Bodzilla
August 30th, 2008, 01:08 AM
because the server automatically adjusts for players so someone HAS to sit out.

if you have 6 people in the server, it will do a 2v2.

ultama121
August 30th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Arena is ok, I still think that Gold Rush is my favorite.
I usually don't settle for anything less for 30 player servers. I typically go in 16v16 servers located nearby. Love it.

Pooky
August 30th, 2008, 02:22 AM
I never go on servers with a max amount of more than 24 players, it just degenerates into a random clusterfuck.

Pope
August 30th, 2008, 05:26 AM
I never go on servers with a max amount of more than 24 players, it just degenerates into a random clusterfuck.

QFT

DOMINATOR
September 1st, 2008, 03:18 AM
It's a very interesting new concept of teamwork. I only prefer to play on Lumberyard though. I basically takes the Rambo out of TF2 and turns them into campers or medic/heavy teams.
disagree im usually heavy on the ctf/pl/cp gametypes but i switch to pyro for arena... love getting to the other side of the map and flanking the enemy from behind.
arena is also more about quickness and flanking your enemy since the maps are more open.

if there are an even number of players no one sits out... dunno who said that. and 8v8 is the max.

having said all that i dont like arena that much unless it's lumberyard or that other new one similar to lumberyard.

i like Goldrush the most.