PDA

View Full Version : A Serious Warning

Rob Oplawar
August 30th, 2008, 12:08 PM
You know me; I'm a reclusive anti-social web nerd who spends 99% of his waking time inside surfing the web.
Well, I dared to change that this semester and have spent a large portion of my time outdoors on campus hanging out with friends and generally having a good time. Well, my reward for venturing into the dangerous outdoors and daring to come in close proximity to those sacks of germs known as "other people" is that now I have a sinus infection. It's fucking with my inner ears, so I can barely walk for the dizziness. The pain is giving me migraines, and my typical migraine makes it so I'm blind in one eye and can't see out the other. Also, infected post-nasal drip mucus tastes really bad. You'd think I'd lose my sense of smell, but instead I am overwhelmed by the smell of my own rotting flesh inside my nose-- at least, that's what I imagine it is.

So, let this serve as a warning to all you good anti-social agoraphobes: don't stray from the path of righteousness! Outside is bad and people make you sick. For the love of god, stay inside, and don't leave the safety of the internet!

Heathen
August 30th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Um hello? Why the fuck would you want to be with people. People are disgusting versions of yourself that you dont like half as much as you like yourself. All they do is tell you about things that you could have lived without, and if you couldn't have lived without it, it would be on the internet. I have a strict "STAY IN MY ROOM" rule. I have a damn hurriane coming and I am not leaving Cornelius (my computer)

Mass
August 30th, 2008, 12:19 PM
I prescribe the safest painkiller known to man.

Roostervier
August 30th, 2008, 12:24 PM
You know me; I'm a reclusive anti-social web nerd who spends 99% of his waking time inside surfing the web.
Well, I dared to change that this semester and have spent a large portion of my time outdoors on campus hanging out with friends and generally having a good time. Well, my reward for venturing into the dangerous outdoors and daring to come in close proximity to those sacks of germs known as "other people" is that now I have a sinus infection. It's fucking with my inner ears, so I can barely walk for the dizziness. The pain is giving me migraines, and my typical migraine makes it so I'm blind in one eye and can't see out the other. Also, infected post-nasal drip mucus tastes really bad. You'd think I'd lose my sense of smell, but instead I am overwhelmed by the smell of my own rotting flesh inside my nose-- at least, that's what I imagine it is.
I've got a sinus infection too. :(

Snowy
August 30th, 2008, 12:27 PM
I think the moral of this story is: DON'T GO OUTSIDE!

ICEE
August 30th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Way to have fail sinuses rob.

legionaire45
August 30th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Wait, what are you talking about? There is...stuff...outside of this room? "Out-side"?

Hope your sinus infection gets better.

STLRamsFan
August 30th, 2008, 12:46 PM
I'm outside a lot and haven't gotten really sick in quite sometime thankfully. Gotta love running long distance. :awesome:

Limited
August 30th, 2008, 12:55 PM
When I moved into halls, I got a cold after about 2 weeks, its just new environments and people your not used to the bugs :P

Higuy
August 30th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Lol I never get sick and im always outside... Im dangerous :D

Pyong Kawaguchi
August 30th, 2008, 01:24 PM
KILL IT WITH FIRE

ExAm
August 30th, 2008, 05:14 PM
I don't get sick easily, fortunately. I've had one of those blindness migraines before, those fucking suck. My left arm went numb, too.

DrunkenSamus
August 30th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Haha...I get sick like once every year hahaha. But I got fucking poison oak twice this year...

Bastinka
August 30th, 2008, 05:36 PM
I thought I had genital herpes one day, but it turned out to be just an infection. Dunno how.

Amit
August 30th, 2008, 05:39 PM
have a damn hurriane coming and I am not leaving Cornelius (my computer)

ROFL Cornelius. Such a cute and disgusting name for a computer.

I don't get sick easily, fortunately. I've had one of those blindness migraines before, those fucking suck. My left arm went numb, too.

LEFT ARM NUMB? Call the paras cuz u gonna hav one hartattac.

I don't get sick much either. Also...get outside and let this happen to you now so it doesn't happen later when you're out on a stroll looking for a mate. Your immune system is too weak. Alright let me put it into a way for you to understand. The best immune lvl is capped at 50 (may move up to 60 in future expansions :haw:) and your immune system is a noob at lvl 5. You have to be attacked and successfully kill viruses multiple times to gain exp to make your immune system lvl up :cool: Just don't die cuz it's worse than runescape, you don't get anything back including your life. :lol:

blind
August 30th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Retard. You're not supposed to fully immerse yourself into a new environment all at once. That was both foolhardy and idiotic. You're supposed to slowly introduce yourself to a new environment over the course of several weeks/months and then build up immunities to the harsh new plagues and diseases that are suddenly finding a new home (ie. your sinuses).

Con
August 30th, 2008, 06:40 PM
gross. thats what you get when you make out with odd people.

DrunkenSamus
August 30th, 2008, 07:33 PM
You need to get out more...and not by going to Panda Express every day...

Bodzilla
August 30th, 2008, 07:37 PM
i would love to meet rob today.

Just so i can toss him a can of coke and see what he does.
*air swing*

Rob Oplawar
August 30th, 2008, 07:50 PM
gross. thats what you get when you make out with odd people.
I think you don't know me very well.
GOD I'M SO LONELY

You need to get out more...and not by going to Panda Express every day...
gross.

lvl up :cool:
I was born with a +30 defense bonus against viruses, as my mother had chickenpox while pregnant with me. Unfortunately, this is a bacterial infection, and I have a -5 class vulnerability to bacteria, being a programmer and all.

i would love to meet rob today.

Just so i can toss him a can of coke and see what he does.
*air swing*
I don't drink soda. Milk, water, and fruit juice for me.

Ughh, I wanted to get out and do more stuff this weekend, but instead I've been lying around in bed moping all day.

e: Wow, ok, I think this is a record volume and variety of excretions in two hours for me. Took a clearly dehydrated piss, took a massive (painful) dump, vomited the soup I ate for lunch, and now a strange black/brown/red substance is freely flowing from my nose.

Hopefully this means I'm getting this shit out of my system.

n00b1n8R
August 30th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I'm assuming you've been to see a doctor. >_>

Bodzilla
August 30th, 2008, 08:34 PM
why?

his immune system will kick in.... eventually.
But what really concerns me is Bridge Ce's projected release date :(

looks like another delay ;(

n00b1n8R
August 30th, 2008, 08:48 PM
I thought it was already put off indefinitely :S

Rob Oplawar
August 30th, 2008, 09:47 PM
^ until further notice, I'm not officially working on it- not to say that i won't ever.

uuuuughhhhh... mrrrrrghhhhh...
i'm just gonna... close my eyes... a bit... and collapse on... my... keyboard...
nnnnnyyyyyyyyuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Mass
August 30th, 2008, 09:47 PM
No, don't worry, it's almost done!

I'm gonna go wash my mouth out with soap.

Rob Oplawar
August 31st, 2008, 10:56 AM
ahhhh, it's amazing what a good night's sleep can do for you. I'm still sick, but having awoken in this state but otherwise comfortable it doesn't seem so bad.

Amit
August 31st, 2008, 06:06 PM
I was born with a +30 defense bonus against viruses, as my mother had chickenpox while pregnant with me. Unfortunately, this is a bacterial infection, and I have a -5 class vulnerability to bacteria, being a programmer and all.

First of all, you aren't born with +30 lvls of immunity, maybe just +30%. And your mother had Chicken Pox while she was pregnant? WTF?

TheGhost
August 31st, 2008, 07:45 PM
I'm outside a lot and haven't gotten really sick in quite sometime thankfully. Gotta love running long distance. :awesome:

Rams, how much are you running now?

I've gotten into running myself.

Kalub
August 31st, 2008, 08:02 PM
I just like to toy around in my car, but ONLY AT NIGHT

Hotrod
August 31st, 2008, 08:45 PM
Well, I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better, but don't ever scare us again like that. Don't you know that Microsoft puts viruses outside, so you don't ever go out there? It's a very dangerous place.

It's all a :conspiracy: