PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Open Source PDW concept

Chainsy
September 4th, 2008, 07:10 PM
As I currently don't have time to model this, and it seems people need concepts, Ive decided to make this.
Basically this embodies the word "PDW" (personal defense weapon) as this gun does not use bullets or plasma. Its is a RFIU (rapid fire incapacitating unit) and uses sticky, rapidly expanding rubber that will basically freeze the target where he stands. Each clip has 80 "nullets" that contain 3 of the expanding rubber bb's. They react with oxygen to expand and are thus sealed inside a thick cap, attached to a cap with gun powder. The chamber is filled with carbon dioxide, keeping the bullets from expanding while in the barrel and adding an extra kick. Also the heat from the from the resulting controlled explosion inside the barrel melts the thick rubber cap so when it leaves the barrel, the oxygen hits the bb's and they expand in mid air until they hit their target. Obviously, this gun is for extremely close range as the accuracy and weight of bb's cannot get a very far range. The bullets are attached to a "flexi" clip, which has each bullet attach to it with a small silver cylinder to allow them to bend into the gun flexibly. The flexi clip slides along on conveyor wheels, which there is a close up of it. Each bullet has the force to knock a 200 pound man backwards so one direct hit to the gut can get a man down and out. The guns design was based off a mix of the p-90 and halos assault rifle. Enjoy.
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn229/1chains1/guncopy-2-1.jpg
Gun by itself:
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn229/1chains1/guncopy2.jpg

Disaster
September 4th, 2008, 07:13 PM
I might model it.

ICEE
September 4th, 2008, 07:47 PM
looks cool

Rooster
September 4th, 2008, 07:57 PM
sweet, but ur gonna need a better/different game to show of the weapons components like that.

il Duce Primo
September 4th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Reminds me of those turrets in The Incredibles.

Chainsy
September 4th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Yeah, thats where I got the idea. :3