PDA

View Full Version : [APP] Devmode for CE 1.08 Dedicated Servers (BETA)

Skyline
September 4th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Created by: Skyline and Limited

Version 1

Pretty simple to use. Type in whatever command you want, should work. Although the devmode commands do not show up with tab. If you need help finding a command you shouldn't go Here. (http://www.modacity.net/docs/bslbible/) When using a devmode command with rcon when your client. Use quotes around the command, just like this (Ex. rcon passmeupbaby "cheat_deathless_player 1"). Lol Conscars.

Sorry for the bland post :). Final release soon. School does that to you.

Download:
Here (http://files.filefront.com/haloceded+devrar/;11700924;/fileinfo.html)

Con
September 4th, 2008, 10:27 PM
it is awesome, you guys are awesome

Limited
September 4th, 2008, 10:51 PM
:D
Summed up, this enables dev mode on dedicated servers, for 1.08.

Evil_Monkey
September 5th, 2008, 10:24 AM
This is awesome, + rep to both of you.

E: damn it, I need to spread some rep before giving it to Limited :mad:

StankBacon
September 5th, 2008, 03:48 PM
nice.

corrupt archive or something.... tried winrar and 7zip, neither can extract the file.

Evil_Monkey
September 5th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Did you try re-downloading? Mine worked fine.

StankBacon
September 5th, 2008, 04:41 PM
odd, mcafee was deleting it.

-EDIT-

server will not start when using this exe. (gameservers)

Kaishounashi
September 5th, 2008, 05:06 PM
-EDIT-

server will not start when using this exe. (gameservers)

Same issue here (server is also on gameservers). Can the file name on the executable be changed in the first place or does it have to stay as haloceded_dev? For the record, I tried running it as is as well as patching it for use w/ Termy's app neither of which worked (server wouldn't start).

Limited
September 5th, 2008, 05:27 PM
You can rename it to what ever you want, its just called that so that you know which version you have.

Gamerservers, thats just the name of your server? Check the init file.

Not sure about the whole server apps, I doubt they will work but we can always hope.

StankBacon
September 5th, 2008, 05:32 PM
what? we mean our servers are hosted by gameservers.com and using this exe, the server will not start.

Limited
September 5th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Do they have any requirements? Like certain filenames, use a shortcut to run the init.txt

StankBacon
September 5th, 2008, 07:30 PM
just a standard ce install afaik.

dunno how they run them tho, so they might be using some sort of shortcut.

Patrickssj6
September 6th, 2008, 02:42 AM
Or you used specific machine instructions in the cave which the gameserver servers don't support. Unlikely though :P

Nice work nonetheless. ^^

supersniper
September 6th, 2008, 03:46 AM
It works. I'm running it on my server right now along with Termy's server app and the old HSE. Everything is fine and there are no bugs I've seen so far. I'll report back if something is up. I also patched up the .exe with Pat's Halo DED fix patcher and the HaloCELag tweak patcher.

StankBacon
September 6th, 2008, 04:48 AM
fix for gameservers (http://www.gameservers.com/) plz... also, why would mcafee delete it?

supersniper
September 6th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Maybe it thought it was a threat. Oh this doesn't work with Termy's app. So you either get devmode or IP banning/ afk/ ping kicking.

Kornman00
September 6th, 2008, 05:48 AM
What was the point of adding a certificate to the executable? Especially when they the digital signature fails to validate, which is probably why McAfee is deleting it.

supersniper
September 6th, 2008, 12:17 PM
... Didn't notice the certificate.

Patrickssj6
September 7th, 2008, 02:46 AM
I wanted to post it yesterday but I had little time...I was searching for a reason why McAfee would delete this file and then I stumbled upon the certificate.

If you are really that desperate use a packer along with obfuscation...packer alone and McAfee would cry again.

But now...I'll check what you guys have done. :)

EDIT:
00ZZZZZ 51 PUSH ECX
00ZZZZZ 52 PUSH EDX
00ZZZZZ 53 PUSH EBX
00ZZZZZ 55 PUSH EBP
00ZZZZZ 56 PUSH ESI
00ZZZZZ 57 PUSH EDI

Oh come on. PUSHAD :P

Cortexian
September 7th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Still not as handy as "the app"... Neat though, I'm assuming that it doesn't work on gameservers because you added a certificate that won't validate automatically.

supersniper
September 7th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Yep so yeah the certificate must go. Also it disables Termy's app as well Right now I'm not using it but yeah when it's done bug free i'll use it.

Limited
September 7th, 2008, 04:22 PM
e. Wait what.
:D Pat

supersniper
February 19th, 2009, 10:32 AM
So how soon is soon...

Syuusuke
February 19th, 2009, 11:29 AM
When "soon" was a couple months ago.

I remember this thing, you kinda restricted dev commands from us =/

Limited
February 19th, 2009, 10:19 PM
So how soon is soon...
What do you mean soon? Completion?

supersniper
February 19th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Created by: Skyline and Limited

Version 1

Pretty simple to use. Type in whatever command you want, should work. Although the devmode commands do not show up with tab. If you need help finding a command you shouldn't go Here. (http://www.modacity.net/docs/bslbible/) When using a devmode command with rcon when your client. Use quotes around the command, just like this (Ex. rcon passmeupbaby "cheat_deathless_player 1"). Lol Conscars.

Sorry for the bland post :). Final release soon. School does that to you.

Download:
This link is dead! (http://files.filefront.com/haloceded+devrar/;11700924;/fileinfo.html)I think that answer's your question.

Limited
February 22nd, 2009, 07:41 AM
Hmm, I currently have 6 versions of the dedicated app so I dont know which is the correct one lol, we experimented alot. I'll have a chat to skyline.

Hes probably reading this thread, he just doesnt sign in and post.

il Duce Primo
March 26th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Does anyone have this that they can upload?