PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Application: RetuNE

Rescudo
September 26th, 2006, 10:00 AM
The last two days I have been working on a small application called RetuNE. I'll show you a screenshot, then explain.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/rescudo/retune.png

I've added a few nifty features to it, but the one on the top is the most important. This application allows you to change your in-game nickname (therefore Rescudo's easy-to-use Nickname Editor). Everyone who's tried to put a special character such as TM in their Halo nickname knows that this is not possible without memory hacking. Earlier, I had to look up Unicode codes in the Character Map and then apply them using TSearch - both finding the correct address and actually applying the characters in a correct way was very tedious. With this application, though, you just need to enter your nickname with all the exotic ASCII characters you want; RetuNE does all of the calculating and memory hacking. You may also save certain nicknames for later use, and they can easily be applied: Screenshot (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/rescudo/lollerz.png)
The application works for both Halo PC and Halo CE.

This might not be an extremely useful application, but it is at least a very good programming experience for me, I have learned a lot. It's not done yet as there is quite some polishing to do - I just thought I would show you. I'll most likely release this, although I'm not sure how I feel about making it easy for random 10-year-olds running around with unreadable nicknames. We will see. :)
lol ninja text for no reason

Boo Diddly
September 26th, 2006, 11:34 AM
nice!

10-tards already run around with unreadable nicknames btw

TheGhost
September 26th, 2006, 11:50 AM
I like this... a lot. Nice work!

Arteen
September 26th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Awesome!

MereCatfish
September 26th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Nice idea, hurry up and release. :)

Rescudo
September 26th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Thanks for all the positive comments :)

Yes, I'll hopefully release it soon, but there are a couple of nasty bugs in connection with the memory hacking that I need to get rid of.

Stealth
September 26th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Cool, can't wait to give it a shot, it looks like fun, I would love to know how to use VB 2005, dose any one know how to use it?

Rescudo
September 26th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Personally I used Visual Basic 6.0. It might be outdated, but it still works, and that's the program I know how to use. :)

I doubt I will have any time to polish the program the next few days - got a lot of stuff to do at school, then I'm going to Crete... so yeah. We'll see how much I can do. :)

Stealth
September 26th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Personally I used Visual Basic 6.0. It might be outdated, but it still works, and that's the program I know how to use. :)

I doubt I will have any time to polish the program the next few days - got a lot of stuff to do at school, then I'm going to Crete... so yeah. We'll see how much I can do. :)
I have VB 2005 on my Desktop right now beucase if I down load it before november I can use it for free, and right now I use VB 6.0 at school, and they have VB 2005, but they can't get it to work right.

Boo Diddly
September 26th, 2006, 05:11 PM
*points at school and laughs*

I used vb for about a semester at school a few years ago, it was kinda cool.

Stealth
September 26th, 2006, 05:20 PM
*Points at Boo Diddly and Laughs*
ya so, I'm a senior an I've taken Computer Programing 1 and 2, and now I'm taking Computer Programing 1 again, just for fun, and I was really hoping that they were teaching us how to use VB 2005 but, it don't work, but hey, I'm doing better then all of the Softys and the JRs, I'm making better looking Programs then them, and they think I'm cheating just because I have my old Programs my 1st time around.

Boo Diddly
September 26th, 2006, 05:22 PM
why laugh at me? i'm laughing at the IT department for not being able to do stuff!

PlasbianX
September 26th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Nice. But i wouldnt release to just anybody. Certain people have reco's TM hack, and thats a good way to tell if they are real or not. Anyone could easily impersonate them now with this.

Stealth
September 26th, 2006, 10:28 PM
why laugh at me? i'm laughing at the IT department for not being able to do stuff!
I don't know about your old school, but mine is just right, all but the fact that they blocked just about every site, and some day I want to make it so they block their own web site.
@ Plasx, Hey I would love to have this, it isn't like I'll make it look like some one else, I just want to make my name be more Custom made, and not some thing that some one can just Type up and act like me. (I don't think any one could act as Random and Weird as me all at the same time.)

theguy204
September 26th, 2006, 11:43 PM
I use C# 2005, I don't like vb cuz it's too unorganized just ugh.:p

Stealth
September 26th, 2006, 11:49 PM
I've never used C# 2005 so I can't dis it or say anything bad about it, but I hope to have the time and Moeny to get it and try it out, but 1st thing is 1st, get Windows Vista and see what happens after Halo 2 Vista is released.

Teroh
September 26th, 2006, 11:57 PM
*+Reps*
Niiiiiiiiiiiice.

itszutak
September 27th, 2006, 12:08 AM
I less then three you.

Now I can put a (tm) into my name! >_>

rossmum
September 27th, 2006, 12:10 AM
WIN

I can't +rep you though :(

Rescudo
September 27th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Do it when you can. :D

Nice. But i wouldnt release to just anybody. Certain people have reco's TM hack, and thats a good way to tell if they are real or not. Anyone could easily impersonate them now with this.
Very good point, and that is a reason I'm concerned about releasing this publicly. I might just give it to a few, select people, but I don't know just yet.

*+Reps*
Niiiiiiiiiiiice.

I less then three you.
...what?:confused2:

Now I can put a (tm) into my name! >_>

Heh, I thought you had problems with space already... would have to be [H2V]Itsz™, which is 10 characters.

Rescudo
September 27th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Well, not really. But the thing is, I have two days of school left now (where I need to do some important stuff), and then I am going on vacation to Crete for a week. So it might be a little while... and I'm still not sure on the restricted release thing.

itszutak
September 27th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Less then three= <3. >_>

And actually, I prefer Itsz to Itszu. >_>

Rescudo
September 27th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Less then three= <3. >_>

And actually, I prefer Itsz to Itszu. >_>
Heh, nice one.

And I prefer Resc to Rescu :p

rossmum
September 27th, 2006, 09:12 AM
10?

=EP_rossmum

Halo fits 11. ;)

Rescudo
September 27th, 2006, 09:16 AM
I know, rossmum... as you can see in the screenshots. ;) Halo can fit 11 characters, but itsz is better than itszu, therefore just 10.

mined
September 27th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Great idea, Rescudo. I tried to +rep you, but I can't rep anyone yet again.

How 'bout releasing to just the [H2V] people or only on the secret part of the forums.

Rescudo
September 27th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Thanks for trying :)

And yes, I was thinking about that too. If we, like, had a section for H2V members only, I would probably post it there when it was done.

Boo Diddly
September 27th, 2006, 05:12 PM
but then some sneaky dude could join that H2V only area, then take the file and put it up on another site where anyone can get it... kinda like bitterbananna's accedental aimbot

Boo Diddly
September 27th, 2006, 06:34 PM
How 'bout releasing to just the [H2V] people
what if the guy joined and stole it?

if it was on a secret part and no one publically talked about it, then he probably wouldnt get it.

rossmum
September 28th, 2006, 12:50 AM
I have a better idea, just give it to me for safekeeping ;) NOBODY would get it. :p

Stealth
September 28th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Um, that wouldn't be very nice, some of use would like to make our names look nicer then what most people have their's, I know that I would like to make it so people know who I am, and do not mix me up with some other Stealth.

Nic
September 28th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Just use other programs, this just simplifys the process.

And, I think rossy would be a good person to hold onto the program so no one can get it.

rossmum
September 28th, 2006, 01:24 AM
I was only jok- never mind, gimmeh :p

Rescudo
September 28th, 2006, 07:45 AM
Added a poll, please give me your opinions.

Stealth
September 28th, 2006, 01:26 PM
[H2V] Clan only all the way man.

PenGuin1362
September 28th, 2006, 01:42 PM
i say public. no harm can be done with it just a nifty little app people may like. so what about the 10 year olds they don't gain anything by it. maybe we can just let them think a wierd name makes em a better player :p nice job btw

Rescudo
September 28th, 2006, 02:51 PM

legionaire45
September 28th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Maybe ghost could make a section for people with 100-500 posts only where you can host files? Or maybe we should have to PM Resc and he decides who gets it?

~ZMT~Trace
October 2nd, 2006, 09:26 PM
I say [H2V] clan only!

Timo
October 2nd, 2006, 09:31 PM
Release It publically, won't do any harm. Who cares if ten year olds put garbage in there that's impossible to read!

thehoodedsmack
October 2nd, 2006, 09:34 PM
Yeah, it really isn't a life changing program.

Teroh
October 2nd, 2006, 11:10 PM
[H2V] Clan only!

Timo
October 3rd, 2006, 02:58 AM
Sure my vote counts for more than one :(

Random
October 3rd, 2006, 05:31 PM
Maybe ghost could make a section for people with 100-500 posts only where you can host files? Or maybe we should have to PM Resc and he decides who gets it?

Yes, because post counts are a great reason categorize people. I could get easily get 100 semi good posts in about 2 hours, but I have better things to do. 2 hours later I could have access to that forum, If little 10 year olds want it, they will get it some way or another. I say release it public, or just on this forum if you want some exclusivity

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
October 3rd, 2006, 05:37 PM
Yes, because post counts are a great reason categorize people. I could get easily get 100 semi good posts in about 2 hours, but I have better things to do. 2 hours later I could have access to that forum, If little 10 year olds want it, they will get it some way or another. I say release it public, or just on this forum if you want some exclusivity
We could but that means we would neede an ftp, and check each and every file to make sure it's safe. Even if we didn't use our own ftp, we would have to make sure all files are spieware/adware/virus free.

Random
October 3rd, 2006, 06:39 PM
We could but that means we would neede an ftp, and check each and every file to make sure it's safe. Even if we didn't use our own ftp, we would have to make sure all files are spieware/adware/virus free.

Oh, I wasn't talking about that, I was just talking about this app

Agamemnon
October 3rd, 2006, 07:16 PM
Very interesting. Can't wait for the finished product. Very nice work Rescudo. :)

TheGhost
October 3rd, 2006, 08:46 PM
Well, I would do something with FTP, but with something like Halomaps in place, it doesn't seem necessary at all. Of course I'll be hosting some of the featured maps and stuff, but certainly not all of them.

Rescudo
October 11th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Okay, I have made up my mind about the release question. It's going to be public, because, well... it's not a big deal, really. ;p

I'm going to give out betas to a few, select people... when the current errors have been removed. (There are two big errors that need to be fixed before I can release this.) Then, I will release the application for the H2V clan only, and a week later, it will be released completely publicly. Sounds good?

rossmum
October 11th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Psst, can I beta?
Yes, it does. ^_^

Stealth
October 11th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Release it to the Public 2 weeks after, that will be better, that way if any of the [H2V] members find any errors you can get them fixed before the public gets a hold of it, and have you tryed VB 2005 yet, you can download it and use it for free up to novber, then you pay to Down Load it and install it.
Hey, if you want I can Beta for you
Just so you know, you rock, keep up the good work, Ninja Tags rock!

Rosco
October 11th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Psst, can I beta?
Yes, it does. ^_^

Psst, I already has it.

:p

Rescudo
October 11th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Yeah, I thought it was bug free and ready for beta release, but guess not. Thanks for finding that one, Rosco.

PlasbianX
October 11th, 2006, 08:57 PM
I want beta, or plas make you mad with h4x.

Patrickssj6
October 12th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Actually I have a same app on my comp too.Actually 2.One from 9mm-man(vb6 nub couldn't get Unicode to work hehe) and mine.Funny how no one has released it yet.:p

Looks nice:)

Rescudo
October 13th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Damn you, you're stealing all my ideas...

First the server application, then the stat thing (although I had another approach in mind), and now this. :p

You better not have stolen the next application I am going to work on, too. lol.

Oh, by the way... I can't get certain characters to work, when pasted, they only get turned into questions signs: "?". Another VB6 Unicode nub mb? :\

Limited
October 13th, 2006, 05:05 PM
only about 2 years old, but very nice congrats at getting it to work *shakes fist*

keihatsu made one in 04 that worked on halo pc, that shit was the bomb back then =D

Rescudo
October 14th, 2006, 05:16 AM
I have no idea how to fix it. I'm going to try using a RichTextFormat box, but that could mess up a lot of other stuff.

only about 2 years old, but very nice congrats at getting it to work *shakes fist*

keihatsu made one in 04 that worked on halo pc, that shit was the bomb back then =D

This works on Halo PC & Halo CE. Also, I've never seen an application like this released, and apparently, most other people that posted in this thread haven't either.

Limited
October 14th, 2006, 09:58 PM
I have no idea how to fix it. I'm going to try using a RichTextFormat box, but that could mess up a lot of other stuff.

This works on Halo PC & Halo CE. Also, I've never seen an application like this released, and apparently, most other people that posted in this thread haven't either.

=D thats true, theres alot of things worked on that are amazing, and havent and wont be released.

Rescudo
October 15th, 2006, 10:22 AM
So, I suppose that's an area where my application > other applications. lol.

TheGhost
October 15th, 2006, 10:35 AM
theres alot of things worked on that are amazing, and havent and wont be released.
I've released every single application I've said I would. :p

Rescudo
October 15th, 2006, 10:45 AM
I probably will as well. :p

~ZMT~Trace
October 15th, 2006, 04:05 PM
omfg
my main profile is corrupted....
so what?
i just move my checkpoints from one player profile to a differnt one.
whats this?
i cant delete the corrupted profile tho?
wtf?
BIG
ASS
BUG
in RetuNE

Patrickssj6
October 15th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Damn you, you're stealing all my ideas...

First the server application, then the stat thing (although I had another approach in mind), and now this. :p

You better not have stolen the next application I am going to work on, too. lol.

Oh, by the way... I can't get certain characters to work, when pasted, they only get turned into questions signs: "?". Another VB6 Unicode nub mb? :\
Server app was stopped because HM server went down and one thing we couldn't get to work

rossmum
October 16th, 2006, 01:08 AM
omfg

so what?
whats this?
wtf?
BIG
ASS
BUG
in RetuNE

Can't you do that manually? :raise:

Rescudo
October 16th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Server app was stopped because HM server went down and one thing we couldn't get to work
Yay for me!

omfg
so what?
whats this?
wtf?
BIG
ASS
BUG
in RetuNE

That is your own fault for not reading my instructions. And those [OBJ] characters can and will screw up your profile, 'cause Halo apparently uses them for something special. >.<

rossmum
October 16th, 2006, 07:39 AM
[OBJ] characters?

Rescudo
October 16th, 2006, 07:41 AM
I dunno if it will show up:

Anyway, scroll all the way down in Character Map and you'll see it.

rossmum
October 16th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Ah, those.

~ZMT~Trace
October 16th, 2006, 03:52 PM
>.>
<.<
>.<

i dont remember a instructions *sep those when u turn it on*

and i mean, it isnt in my Profiles menu, and the folder located in My docs has this trippy error that says i cant delete it.

P.S. Put a warning labal on the final product

Rescudo
October 16th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Yes, those when you turn it on is exactly what I'm talking about.

And don't care about not being able to delete your profile - that's just a bug in Windows. I have 10 Ghost profiles myself.

Rescudo
November 26th, 2006, 03:20 PM
*megabump*

Yeah I know, I abandoned you guys for over a month (got bored of CE), but I'm most likely back and will finish this soon.

+rep pl0x

TheGhost
November 26th, 2006, 03:50 PM
+rep

Now go work on the app!

Rescudo
November 26th, 2006, 04:08 PM
O_O

Okay, that's convincing enough. Holy crap man.

rossmum
November 26th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Hey +rep me, I might work on the MG-57 tripod! :p

Good to have you back.

Rescudo
November 27th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Hey ross, it's not like I want to be the only one left with one green square here! :p

Patrickssj6
November 27th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Hey ross, it's not like I want to be the only one left with one green square here! :p
Do something about me:(

PlasbianX
November 27th, 2006, 09:39 PM
^Reps in hope of getting it back in return.

EDIT: Or not @_@.

Rosco
November 28th, 2006, 01:51 AM
What's this green rep. Ew. :D

StankBacon
February 12th, 2007, 01:23 PM
so where is this app?

presets ftw!

Limited
February 12th, 2007, 01:35 PM
omgz bump ban!!!1

I think it was still in beta then it just kinda died down I think it might now have totally worked. :O

itszutak
February 12th, 2007, 02:10 PM
So...It's dead? <_<

Ah well. +rep. >_>

Syuusuke
February 12th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Meh, now people are going to start adding extensions to their names..

I wanted to be unique by turning myself into an .exe and being able to compress myself to a map and magically convert myself to a non-working .map!

Bodzilla
February 13th, 2007, 12:55 AM
looks like a great program but it kinda screws up the hole reasoning behind profile hacking. Good idea, but yeah now ppl can impersonate anyone so easily :(

Rescudo
August 26th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Um, hey.

First of all, I don't know if anyone cares about this anymore, nor do I really care, since I quit playing Halo. I might try out H2V some time, but that's it. If anyone is interested, I still have the source code of this application lying around somewhere, but I figure Halo 1 PC is dead now? Anyway, I figured I'd pop in and say that. Probably no one cares, but then again, neither do I. :p

Stormwing
August 26th, 2007, 03:13 PM
RESCUDO COME BACK PLEASEEEEE

come on, League v3 is going on! at least you can maybe ref again, like the old days!!!!!

oh and back on topic, i think you might as well release a bare-bones working beta. or source code, idk...so it doesn't go to waste, old as it is....

Limited
August 26th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Yeh I accidently deleted rec0s app so I dont have a working one :(

AAA
August 26th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Dude, we still care. I HAVE to stick with Halo PC till I can upgrade, That application with be useful if I ever want to change my name up with some cool characters, atleast release the last bit of your work to us? =(

Rescudo
August 26th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Well the app was almost done but it had a pretty big bug in it, being that you couldn't enter 99&#37; of the characters available in charmap ... basically making it pretty useless. I'll look into it if there's any interest, otherwise I'll just post the source files.

AAA
August 26th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Well the app was almost done but it had a pretty big bug in it, being that you couldn't enter 99&#37; of the characters available in charmap ... basically making it pretty useless. I'll look into it if there's any interest, otherwise I'll just post the source files.

What has two thumbs and has interest in this Program's completion?

Me! =)

Rescudo
August 26th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Alright, I'll take a shot at it ... I don't have the Halo CD right now, BTW :p

Rosco
August 26th, 2007, 07:34 PM
CD image. :)

CodeBrain
August 26th, 2007, 07:40 PM
:fail: Illegal...

Bastinka
August 26th, 2007, 07:43 PM
CD Images aren't illegal if you own a legal copy of the actual CD, you can reproduce it for your personal use ONLY.

~ZMT~Trace
August 26th, 2007, 09:45 PM
I think I still have this somewhere :3

Chizzle110
August 26th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Really cool! Nice work you got there!:)

bitterbanana
August 26th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Well the app was almost done but it had a pretty big bug in it, being that you couldn't enter 99% of the characters available in charmap ... basically making it pretty useless. I'll look into it if there's any interest, otherwise I'll just post the source files.
You need to use UNICODE textboxes so you can display the extra characters supported by UNICODE fonts. Here's an article describing how to enable it:
http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.asp?ID=3591

Cool program name :cool:

Gamerkd16
August 26th, 2007, 11:49 PM
You need to use UNICODE textboxes so you can display the extra characters supported by UNICODE fonts. Here's an article describing how to enable it:
http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.asp?ID=3591

Cool program name :cool:
Oh this was made in VB? Wow, I didn't know things like this could made with VB. I mean doesn't this involve memory addresses? And VB has the capability to do that?

Limited
August 27th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Oh this was made in VB? Wow, I didn't know things like this could made with VB. I mean doesn't this involve memory addresses? And VB has the capability to do that?
Yup :O Bitters & Racer_S (whos god btw) first h4x were in vb6...

Racer_S made a FOV hack for bioshock btw heh :D

bitterbanana
August 27th, 2007, 12:26 AM
In VB, you have access to the necessary winapi functions: OpenProcess, WriteProcessMemory, ReadProcessMemory.

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 12:35 AM
In VB, you have access to the necessary winapi functions: OpenProcess, WriteProcessMemory, ReadProcessMemory.
Oh, true. I guess the API functions could do that. I've only used the API functions for saving and opening data files. So my experience is still somewhat beginner. But hopefully my college course this year will expand that.

Limited
August 27th, 2007, 01:01 AM
:O You use APIs for it? :D What version are you running gamerkid.

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 01:05 AM
:O You use APIs for it? :D What version are you running gamerkid.
I'm using version 6.0. I took a VB/Java course in my senior year, last year. This year I'm taking computer science in college. Hope to broaden my skills. :D

Limited
August 27th, 2007, 02:15 AM
Did this program ever get released?Nope, I think its soon to be released though.

Gamer, yeah you dont need API's to save txt files but whatever works is good :)

Rescudo
August 27th, 2007, 02:24 AM
bitterbanana, thank you so much for your link. From the look of it, it's just what I need.

Side note, which I can admit since I don't really play Halo anymore ... I got a hold of the aimbot source code (but I never USED the aimbot). This source code got me into memory hacking, and yes, it says "Thanks to Racer_S" at the top.

I'm at school right now, but I'll look at it again later.

rossmum, you are lucky ROSE online doesn't work on this network. If it did, I wouldn't be posting here :p

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 02:27 AM
Nope, I think its soon to be released though.

Gamer, yeah you dont need API's to save txt files but whatever works is good :)
Yea, well actually it was more like saved configuration files. Simple things like values for booleans, integers, and strings.

Limited
August 27th, 2007, 02:29 AM
Yea, well actually it was more like saved configuration files. Simple things like values for booleans, integers, and strings.:D You should try to learn VB2005 (vb.net) its alot like vb6 but its tons better and has alot more functionality, also its a stepping stone to C and C#

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 02:48 AM
Yeah, I've heard about that. Would have to buy some books. Damn having to move and goto the library.

I would like to get into C though. Seems that all the good Halo Apps are written in that language.

Rosco
August 27th, 2007, 08:35 AM
I still have a beta of it some wru, I'll try digging it up for you res.

Rescudo
August 27th, 2007, 08:44 AM
fffffffffff Rescudo, post more.

"more"

And I am going to have a look at the unicode text box thingy now:lol:

Rescudo
August 27th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Wow, that was too easy :D Thanks a lot bitterbanana!

Anyone want to betatest this once I finish? I don't have Halo so I can't test for myself :p

Rosco
August 27th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Get on xfire tbh. :D

Rescudo
August 27th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Xfire is not working goddamnit :(

Edit: Meaning, it won't connect.

Rosco
August 27th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Xfire is not working goddamnit :(

Edit: Meaning, it won't connect.

msn lolz

Rescudo
August 27th, 2007, 09:54 AM
PMed you my MSN address.

Patrickssj6
August 27th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Don't provoke him to use VB6 again...Korn is going to slap you.

VB.NET can use Unicode encoding perfectly.

I want to BETA if I would know what this is XD

MSN...

Rescudo
August 27th, 2007, 11:02 AM
I added the address I found in your profile.

Limited
August 27th, 2007, 11:19 AM
:O Dont give him beta till he gives me and skyline the map. He'll know what we mean :D

Rescudo
August 27th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Don't worry, he just had a jab at me for "still" using VB6 :p

~ZMT~Trace
August 27th, 2007, 03:30 PM
I'll beta again.

Rescudo
August 27th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Beta version will be ready tomorrow. Make it easy for me and PM me if you want to beta test :p

Donut
August 27th, 2007, 04:54 PM
i say release to a few select people becuase we dont want a ton of noobs running around with stupid names

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 07:40 PM
This coming from a guy with nine posts? I'm confused..

StankBacon
August 27th, 2007, 08:14 PM
i say release to a few select people becuase we dont want a ton of noobs running around with stupid names

everyone already does that.

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 09:09 PM
LOL, yea seriously. I've seen people come in with just random characters before. And then you got those annoying people who come in with a name that finishes a sentence. You just killed "a shithead".

Jay2645
August 27th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah.
Wait...
I'm "a pie"...

Gamerkd16
August 28th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Really? I would have thought your name would be, oh I don't know, Jay2645. :P

Rescudo
August 28th, 2007, 04:49 AM
Sure thing. Ignore the poll - keep in mind this topic is like 1 year old, I imagine most everyone figured out memhacking by now anyway. Any complaints?

I've got 6 beta testers signed up so far; nice response :p I am busy at school now, but I'll finish it up today. :)

Patrickssj6
August 28th, 2007, 08:59 AM
:O Dont give him beta till he gives me and skyline the map. He'll know what we mean :D
gawddamnit

I can write that app in about 10 mins anyways mwuahhaha

Rescudo
August 28th, 2007, 01:38 PM
To rossmum, Trezeguet, Limited, OmegaDragon,~ZMT~Trace and n00b1n8r: Check your PMs:)

Edit: Also Rosco and Skyline, I forgot :p

OmegaDragon
August 28th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Run time error '339':

Component 'FM20.DLL' or one of its dependencies not correctly
Ran it with and without Halo open, same error. Is there a specific place where you need to put it?

Also, thanks for letting me test ^_^

Rescudo
August 28th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Ew, yeah Rosco got that one too. It's because of a DLL file not installed on your system. I'll try to make a fix in a moment, hold on.

And no problem :)

Bastinka
August 28th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Cool app,
I'm still a beginner but Patrick told me to use VB.NET instead of stick to VB6 all the time. I might start somewhere or something, if I can think of something that hasn't been made before :\

Rescudo
August 28th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Hehe, I am going to look into VB.NET as well. VB6 is obsolete now, however much I despise that ... I heard it's easy switching to .NET though.

Bastinka
August 28th, 2007, 03:56 PM
It seems the same, looks a bit more advanced in VB.NET but basically the same to me :\

MessageBox.Show instead of MsgBox, figured that out with the help of pat today :lol:

Limited
August 28th, 2007, 04:07 PM
It seems the same, looks a bit more advanced in VB.NET but basically the same to me :\

MessageBox.Show instead of MsgBox, figured that out with the help of pat today :lol:
Its best if you use the .show, but I never use it lol. I just use regular Msgbox code from vb6. Probably not best way to do it, but it works and its not like a msgbox could mess the whole thing up :D

Gonna test it and play with it a bit.

Rescudo
August 28th, 2007, 04:10 PM
If you get the error that OmegaDragon was getting, run the .bat file in the zip folder. Also, Rosco was getting a Runtime Error #7 "Out of Memory" ... I don't know why that is :(

Bastinka
August 28th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Any more detail?

Limited
August 28th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Whos Rebecca? Works 100&#37; for me. Tried to break it, but it didnt work :(

OmegaDragon
August 28th, 2007, 07:29 PM
If you get the error that OmegaDragon was getting, run the .bat file in the zip folder. Also, Rosco was getting a Runtime Error #7 "Out of Memory" ... I don't know why that is :(

He is not the only one getting it >.>

According to MS main site, you should:
"Write code in the Click event of the Data Combo to store the value of the its BoundText property in a form-level variable. Use the form-level variable to access the value of the Data Combo's BoundText property." (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257947)

Which I have no idea what it means. Also found this (http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=421942), It may help.

~TheTruth~
August 28th, 2007, 11:05 PM
I dont see the point since you can, you know, easily edit it in in Tsearch. Or use profilehack. I hear it works.

Rescudo
August 29th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Whos Rebecca? Works 100% for me. Tried to break it, but it didnt work :(
That's great. :) If you found Rebecca, that probably means you really tried to find bugs. Thanks for your efforts. :)

He is not the only one getting it >.>

According to MS main site, you should:
"Write code in the Click event of the Data Combo to store the value of the its BoundText property in a form-level variable. Use the form-level variable to access the value of the Data Combo's BoundText property." (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257947)

Which I have no idea what it means. Also found this (http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=421942), It may help.
Hm, I do have 2 combo boxes in the application, but I don't know what's meant by Data Combo ... anyhow I'll look into it later today.

I dont see the point since you can, you know, easily edit it in in Tsearch. Or use profilehack. I hear it works.
... that's like saying Prometheus is pointless because you can do the same with Sapien and Tool and god knows what other tools. Sure, TSearch works just fine (I actually made a tutorial on using it), so if you prefer looking up the characters one by one, finding their Unicodes, switching around the numbers and inject it to the right address (which of course you also had to find by yourself, did I mention it changes between every version of Halo?) ... if you prefer doing that, by all means, go ahead. :)

Patrickssj6
August 29th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Its best if you use the .show, but I never use it lol. I just use regular Msgbox code from vb6. Probably not best way to do it, but it works and its not like a msgbox could mess the whole thing up :D

Gonna test it and play with it a bit.
Get on MSN...Silent broke VB last time I laft

I can transfer this app to .NET for you...you don't even have to give me credit. :)

Limited
August 29th, 2007, 02:59 PM
I dont see the point since you can, you know, easily edit it in in Tsearch. Or use profilehack. I hear it works.Wow...Yes you can easily edit it in Tsearch, but this is EVEN easier than Tsearch, do you have to type in the addresses every time? Do you have to open up notepad and store your favourite names? No you dont with this.

:D Rescudo, glad to help.

Rescudo
August 29th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Get on MSN...Silent broke VB last time I laft

I can transfer this app to .NET for you...you don't even have to give me credit. :)

And then it'd work, huh?

Patrickssj6
August 30th, 2007, 11:32 AM
And then it'd work, huh?
Well I can't guarantee for everything but it should work better than the VB6 version. :)

Vernancelet
September 1st, 2007, 12:14 PM
That would be alot easier for the names to show up and place, is there a way to change the length of the charaters on the nickname in the game and mabey its size/color to be more visable? But other than that, great job! Hurry and finish it soon!:D

Jay2645
September 1st, 2007, 08:25 PM
I'm just glad I stick with UMT~Jay2645, the max number of characters Halo will allow.

Rescudo
September 2nd, 2007, 01:51 PM
I actually tried exceeding the character limit. 12 characters worked partially (client-side only, no one else could see it, so useless ...), but anything above 12 wouldn't work at all.