PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Sidearm (Dane n Hunter)

Hunter
September 10th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Well I am guessing I am working with Dane?

I will post updates to the weapon here instead of flooding Snafs thread.

Dane's Drawing an design. I am modelling it.

(Maybe Dane will update the design so humans can hold it, I dunno.)

Most recent render... I am guessing it still needs to be thicker... Lol
http://gamerscreek.com/users/WMHunterTLS/pics/Dane/Dane_2.03.10.jpeg

(Maybe a bit of +rep to encourage me Please Lol.)

ExAm
September 10th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Hang on a second, judging by the diagram you drew, that thing's pretty huge. Does that qualify as a sidearm?

Hunter
September 10th, 2008, 01:00 PM
It is Dane's drawing. And I don't know if it qualifies. Lets see what Snaf says, I hope it does because it is taking me ages to model, and its nearly done now :/

vinnynanni
September 10th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Wow man really nice. Think on the positive side it will fit im with you! MECAHNICAL SIDE ARM FTW!!!XD

Corndogman
September 10th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Does that qualify as a sidearm?

Depends on the creature holding it ;)

DaneO'Roo
September 10th, 2008, 03:20 PM
^ Someone is thinking along the right lines.

Also the gun isn't as big as yall think it is.

Also hunter, your doing it wrong, but keep going as you are, I'll work the model over once your done anyway, just adding and fixing to what you have.

Hunter
September 10th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Update, things will probably need adjusting again Lol. I am hoping its fat enough now.

Bottom armer sort of rushed Lol, might need to re make that:
http://gamerscreek.com/users/WMHunterTLS/pics/Dane/Dane_9.29.10.jpeg

e/ Un-armored.
http://gamerscreek.com/users/WMHunterTLS/pics/Dane/Dane_9.45.10.jpeg

Malloy
September 10th, 2008, 04:05 PM
oh te way it should be held....

i think the handle should be able to rotate to the bottom so its near the bottom armour plate beneath the plasma feeds.

then reload is like a pump action motion, first pump action covey weapon... mb the perfect plasma shotgun concept.

Hunter
September 12th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Dane, comment?
What needs changing, and can you explain the 2nd wheel thing in the middle please.

Apoc4lypse
September 12th, 2008, 02:22 PM
this weapon confuses the hell out of me... Id have to see an animation to understand it.

I do have one idea for the functionality of that wheel thing. Maybe the weapon fires from it, the wheel helps reduce recoil (projectiles are fired from the wheel wheel spins to reduce the recoil.) Thus there is a very small barrel system too.

Hunter
September 12th, 2008, 02:32 PM
By explain it I mean like the shape of it, and how he wants it modelled.

ICEE
September 12th, 2008, 04:56 PM
This weapon's shape seems meaningless.. How is it held? How does it function? How big is it? It looks like a misshapen scarab leg. Maybe its just me, or maybe its the camera angle but I think an edited pic of the design from a profile point of view with the components labeled and explained might help.

Hunter
September 12th, 2008, 05:21 PM
shapeless? There is loads of curves and everything. Lol. What do you mean? And where is Dane...

Malloy
September 12th, 2008, 06:38 PM
FIX the top of the handle it looks fail in the latest pic.

ICEE
September 12th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Edited. Shapeless wasn't really the right word.

SnaFuBAR
September 12th, 2008, 11:17 PM
well, i'm not convinced about the ergonomics of the design, so i'll need to see some sketches of how it's handled. i understand it is supposed to use 3 hands, so please illustrate that.

the modeling is decent so far, i can appreciate it.

Hunter
September 17th, 2008, 07:20 AM
dane, how do u want the middle wheel thing? cuz it has got alot of details on which i cud model in but may make it higher poly.. i dnt really understand wat it is...
soz bout me gramma but aparently i av bad gramma n stuff wen writin da ova way i did, so i thought this myt be a bit better :/

NuggetWarmer
September 18th, 2008, 02:11 AM
DEAR GOD WHAT THE FUCK MAN STOP

Hunter
September 18th, 2008, 07:01 AM

stop wa?

rossmum
September 18th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Typing like that, regardless of any spelling or grammar issues the other way is better and makes me less inclined to want to kill you

Sel
September 18th, 2008, 07:26 AM
ok fuck hunter, type properly.

Hunter
September 18th, 2008, 07:41 AM
I am not being petty or anything but.

If I write like this I get:

Certainly not college level writing. You write like you post on forums. :barf:

if i ryt lyk dis den ppl complain even more, so if ppl dnt want me 2 go 2 my old way of writing then please don't complain with perfectly fine gramma, mainly asking Snaf not to complain about gramma that there is nothing wrong with, these are public forums for gameing communities, not english critisism forums...

NuggetWarmer
September 18th, 2008, 12:19 PM
You posted something, and we gave crit. (In regards to your Titanic thread) Get the fuck over it.

rossmum
September 18th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Actually, where it is shouldn't make a blind bit of difference as far as spelling and grammar goes. Unless I'm only being half-serious, I'm deliberately dicking around, or I'm just plain lazy, I always try and use correct spelling and grammar although I do tend to skip words and use a lot of slang, as when I'm on the forums I tend to write like I speak.

Your spelling and grammar does need work but seriously, if you goe bak 2 wrytin lyk dis, you're going to wind up banned and nobody will give a toss that you're gone. It's flat-out annoying to look at and worse to try and interpret into something that bears some semblance of English.

Malloy
September 18th, 2008, 02:05 PM
ok... write how you would say the phrase to a person in the flesh.

e: If you write how you do infact speak then you obviously have a brain tumour.

Hunter
September 18th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Well can you all read my posts the way I have been posting them the past 3 months?

If yes then why people still complaining. I just can't win. I try my hardest to make them as readable as I can, so I am guessing you are all saying I am dumb bastard with no basic gramma skill what so ever, well thanks.

I suppose I can take it like I have been taking criticism from people all the way through high school, in other words treated like a peace of shit. I would of thought on forums some people would have feelings and put their selves in my shoes and think what would be nice.

For example, the Halo 3 Elephant I made, I know it was a very basic model and easy, but Snaf left this comment:

for such a simple model, your triangle distribution is really bad.

he is probably correct, it was pretty high poly, but think about a nice and formative comment at the same time. Like

Nice work Hunter, I like it (If you do like it), but.... *problem here*, work on it a bit more.

Because I did put some work into it to make it as accurate as I could.

But yeah, gramma wise, I thought I had improved it a lot and you could read my posts, so why say "You write like you write on the forums :barf:"
:confused:

Pretend you are talking to your self and think about what you are putting and think about peoples feeling.

And I am sure people probably won't be bothered if I get banned anyway :confused2:

ExAm
September 18th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Well can you all read my posts the way I have been posting them the past 3 months?

If yes then why people still complaining. I just can't win. I try my hardest to make them as readable as I can, so I am guessing you are all saying I am dumb bastard with no basic gramma skill what so ever, well thanks.

I suppose I can take it like I have been taking criticism from people all the way through high school, in other words treated like a peace of shit. I would of thought on forums some people would have feelings and put their selves in my shoes and think what would be nice.

For example, the Halo 3 Elephant I made, I know it was a very basic model and easy, but Snaf left this comment:

he is probably correct, it was pretty high poly, but think about a nice and formative comment at the same time. Like

Because I did put some work into it to make it as accurate as I could.

But yeah, gramma wise, I thought I had improved it a lot and you could read my posts, so why say "You write like you write on the forums :barf:"
:confused:

Pretend you are talking to your self and think about what you are putting and think about peoples feeling.

And I am sure people probably won't be bothered if I get banned anyway :confused2:Saying "cuz" and "gramma" and using other shortenings annoys us. Eliminate those from your typings and you should be fine plzkthxbi

TeeKup
September 18th, 2008, 06:02 PM
YOU'RE GUN IS SILLY.

Heathen
September 18th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Hey guys :D

Hows about we shut the fuck up about the grammar, stop typing like we have anuses for fingers, and talk more about this gun.

I don't understand it. It looks like a Scarab leg.

Hunter
September 18th, 2008, 09:23 PM
^

Apoc4lypse
September 19th, 2008, 03:40 AM
E: wtf..

Don't bring threads into other threads... it confuses people.

I am now self inclined to agree with this post...

seriously, you just crapped all over your own thread dude.

Also judging by your signature and such, you need to lighten up, its just the internet, no one hates you...

..except maybe ross... /sarcasm

Timo
September 19th, 2008, 05:01 AM
dane, how do u want the middle wheel thing? cuz it has got alot of details on which i cud model in but may make it higher poly.. i dnt really understand wat it is...
soz bout me gramma but aparently i av bad gramma n stuff wen writin da ova way i did, so i thought this myt be a bit better :/

Hunter, never post like this. Ever again. You need to actually spell words out like the rest of the forum does. It's in the rules; and it's not that hard. Firefox has got a spell checker if you're not the best speller in the world. And if you're a half decent typer it only takes a fraction of a second to put in an extra 2 letters to a word - you're not restricted to 8 buttons for the alphabet like your are on a cellphone (plus predictive text is awesome you should use it sometime)

So from now on, ova ≠ over, myt ≠ might, cud ≠ could. Okay? Okay.

E: Also

I am not being petty or anything but.

If I write like this I get:

Certainly not college level writing. You write like you post on forums. :barf:
if i ryt lyk dis den ppl complain even more, so if ppl dnt want me 2 go 2 my old way of writing then please don't complain with perfectly fine gramma, mainly asking Snaf not to complain about gramma that there is nothing wrong with, these are public forums for gameing communities, not english critisism forums...

As far as I know SnaF was commenting on a bit of text you wrote for a College level piece of writing, not for your general posting style on an internet forum. So naturally it'd be assumed that you should make perfect grammatical sense when writing a story at college level, compared to the amount of sense you make here. We're not asking you to write absolutely perfectly every time you post, or write an essay (GowmanAG anyone?), just don't abbreviate easy words.

Footnote: Instead of asking SnaF that random question in a completely unrelated topic, PM him next time. That way, you won't confused me, Apoc4lypse, and (hopefully) other forum members.

Tweek
September 19th, 2008, 06:19 PM
it's good to see you've fallen back into your old habits, you failure you.

enjoy rolling in your own shit hunter.

Timo
September 19th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Tweek stop trolling. :|

Hunter
September 20th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Heres my comment on Tweeks post and sig:

Get A Life, Lmao.

SnaFuBAR
September 20th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Heres my comment on Hunter's user title and sig:

Get A Life, Lmao.

c wut i did dere?

Also, you guys need to show the ergonomics of this weapon. I get it's 3 handed but I need to see that demonstrated. Don't forget to show how parts move.

nick3d
September 21st, 2008, 08:34 AM
its extremely confusin this weapon is, like snaf said its for a 3 armed monster or what ever but what arm goes where exactly?

Hunter
September 21st, 2008, 01:29 PM
I am hoping Dane will come into this thread soon and tell me how the final part needs to be modelled. The middle wheel... I have been waiting ages Lol.

And hopefully he will draw a picture of how it is held.

Hunter
September 22nd, 2008, 02:41 PM
Okay, I don't want to sound cheeky by asking or anything, but maybe a bit of +rep could go rewarded seems as I have spent hard work modelling this? I have not received any at all for this model, and some or you seem to like the modelling so where is the harm in expressing that?

ExAm
September 22nd, 2008, 03:49 PM
You ask for rep, you get none. People will give it when they want to give it.

Also, just PM Dane for chrissakes.

SnaFuBAR
September 22nd, 2008, 04:35 PM
Okay, I don't want to sound cheeky by asking or anything, but maybe a bit of +rep could go rewarded seems as I have spent hard work modelling this? I have not received any at all for this model, and some or you seem to like the modelling so where is the harm in expressing that?

Stop begging. You ALWAYS beg for rep! Was always in your sig, and every time you post a model you beg for rep, just SHUT UP. The potential reward for your model is winning the competition and xbl gold card.

Hunter
September 22nd, 2008, 04:38 PM
He's funny haha:

http://www.modacity.net/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif [W.I.P] Halo 3 Carbine (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?p=304348#post304348) | September 22nd, 2008 04:09 PM | Tweek (http://www.modacity.net/forums/member.php?u=33) | excellent work my puppet.

nick3d
September 22nd, 2008, 05:40 PM
Damn i wanted give you some bad rep but i aint spreaded enough yet :P
lol

Heathen
September 22nd, 2008, 05:49 PM
Why is rep the ultimate goal?
It shouldn't be.
You don't enter a contest real prizes and ask for virtual points...wtf.
Either way, any progress on this monsterously confusing sidearm?

mech
September 22nd, 2008, 08:19 PM

Heres my comment on Tweeks post and sig:

Get A Life, Lmao.

Hypocrite.

:eyesroll:

Heathen
September 22nd, 2008, 09:00 PM
How 'bout that progress?

TeeKup
September 22nd, 2008, 09:08 PM
Wow time again already?
hwVyXgbaXHs

:awesome:

Hunter
September 23rd, 2008, 02:46 AM
There's no progress because Dane has not replyed to my PM or this thread, and he has been online... :/

Con
September 23rd, 2008, 10:20 AM
Who cares? He doesn't need to hold your hand. Just have some creativity and model it how you think it should look.

ICEE
September 23rd, 2008, 11:34 AM
There's no progress because Dane has not replyed to my PM or this thread, and he has been online... :/

Well then he forfeits creative control.

Lateksi
September 23rd, 2008, 07:18 PM
Stop talking bullshit.
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/Lat3ksi_stuff/hunterfix.jpg
or
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/Lat3ksi_stuff/hunterfix2.jpg

Heathen
September 23rd, 2008, 07:39 PM
Like...how is it held and where does it shoot from?

Lateksi
September 23rd, 2008, 08:06 PM
Like...how is it held and where does it shoot from?

I guess it's this way: http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/Lat3ksi_stuff/boom.jpg

But I don't like how the handle is positioned.
Wow... I'm bored.

Anton
September 23rd, 2008, 08:56 PM
I'm pretty sure Dane said it was held by a three armed creature, or maybe more arms on the creature but held by three hands/arms.

Lateksi
September 23rd, 2008, 09:16 PM
Now it all makes sense :embarrassed:

rossmum
September 23rd, 2008, 10:46 PM
Asking for +rep is probably the best way ever to get -rep

e/ this at last page

Hunter
September 24th, 2008, 10:20 AM

e/ this at last page
True, I just got a bit annoyed when I got none when I put a lot of work into it.

Pooky
September 24th, 2008, 10:27 AM

e/ this at last page

what does asking for -rep get you

Chainsy
September 24th, 2008, 01:54 PM
- rep.

Tweek
September 24th, 2008, 02:17 PM
True, I just got a bit annoyed when I got none when I put a lot of work into it.

oh you sad, poor poor boy.
life isnt fair, is it?

i don't believe you quite grasp the concept of "alot of work".

plus, i LOVE the fact how absolutely eager you are to label yourself with a number. and a low number at that.

here's just a friendly tip:
if you want respect, (or PLUZREP, since you seem to have a fucking orgasm everytime someone reps you) stop acting like such a fucking child.
because that's really the thing you're doing wrong here kiddo.

you're nothing but a little child, and you really live up to it.
youre like that little 5 year old girl, jumping up and down screaming to the bigger kids to let you into their secret little make-up-club, and the more you try to get into their little club, by jumping up and down, pulling their clothes to get their attention, and the more you open that hole you speak with, the more they want nothing to do with you.

mech
September 24th, 2008, 05:10 PM

I remember back at gbx The_Ghost use to have a repjerk signature, it'd be perfect for this situation.

teh lag
September 24th, 2008, 05:51 PM
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5135/sadrepii9.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Will this do?

Really though Hunter, rep is something people must WANT to give you. Don't expect to get it just because you "put a lot of work" into something - it's a result of how much people like you and your work.

TeeKup
September 24th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I'm about to nuke this thread.

Heathen
September 24th, 2008, 06:12 PM
>.> You are abusing your nuke abilities.

TeeKup
September 24th, 2008, 06:27 PM
It's either the thread or Hunter, and I'm not allowed to do it to Hunter.

Heathen
September 24th, 2008, 06:43 PM
...damn your logic.

I'll allow it.

FRain
September 24th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Fuck this, detonation in 3.....2.....1

KerSaMODvy0

Con
September 24th, 2008, 07:07 PM
See what happens when you ask for rep? Thread's get derailed, people make shitposts, yatta yatta. Let's end this here and let Hunter wallow in his -rep, no need to continue the drama.

Hunter
September 25th, 2008, 04:39 AM
I'm an idiot Lol. Locked untill updates.