PDA

View Full Version : Serious internet problem

aurys
September 14th, 2008, 02:17 PM
What happens is whenever I try to play halo 2 my wireless internet disconnects when the game tries to sign into live. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it, because i've been reinstalling and trying everything
I can for about a week now. Thanks ahead.

armoman92
September 14th, 2008, 06:45 PM
ummm, more detail if possible (like what does windows say when ur connection is terminated). Has Halo 2 worked b4 or are you installing it and playing it for the first time? Also are you using XP or Vista? Did games for windows live update b4 this problem occured or have you not upgraded?

Maybe your firewall, make sure halo2 is allowed to access the internet. Otherwise if u reinstalled and it didnt work you dont have to reinstall agian.

Try to answer some of my questions and ill try to help you, other members will probably also need some of this info to help u out.

aurys
September 14th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Windows does tell my connection is terminated, and this is my first time playing this halo 2 on my computer but it has worked on my friends computer before, I am using vista, and live updated before this starts. What i forgot to mention was that the when I first install it, it works but when my computer gets turned off and on it starts doing what I said. My firewall allows halo 2 to have access to the internet. Also my Gears of War has the same problem so I believe the problem is somehow with live.

armoman92
September 14th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Also my Gears of War has the same problem so I believe the problem is somehow with live.

ok, so it does have to do with live.

U said it works on a friends computer? Make sure its uninstalled on his PC (it may have to do with the keys). Same with Gears, make sure its not installed at both PC at the same time WITH the same key.

Try installing the GFWL update manually here (DIRECT LINK (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=98609)) and then try again.

ALso make sure both ur personal firewall (such as NOrton, McAf, ect) is turned off for H2V as well as Windows defender firewalls. At the same time a firewall shouldnt terminate ur connection?:confused2::confused:

hmmmm... im pretty confused. Maybe when u restart some file gets corrupted.

Keep trying to get a responce from somone else on this forum, maybe they know how to fix it.

Good luck!

aurys
September 16th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Ok so I have NOD32 virus sytem and I don't know how to use it and I can't find how to allow halo 2 and my friend uninstalled the game and it still doesn't work. I already had the update so it wouldn't let me install. I couldn't figure out how to let defender and firewall to allow halo 2 as well because I am kind of new to Vista.