PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who have facebook

STLRamsFan
September 16th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Yea so does anyone actually like the new design? Really got fed up with it as well as getting sick of the headaches from how cluttered up it is.. No clue why that can't accommodate both sides. Whatever, least I found a script that allows me to change right back into the old design. Might not be as good but it sure as hell is better...

Thoughts?

Sel
September 16th, 2008, 06:11 PM
New facebook?

I haven't logged onto facebook for like 2 months :|

Atty
September 16th, 2008, 06:14 PM
It's not ideal but it'll due for me.

The_Wraith
September 16th, 2008, 07:01 PM
I dislike it. But I rarely use it other than to browse my friends pages sometimes. If I went back to actually using it, I would be far more outraged.

blind
September 16th, 2008, 07:09 PM
The script doesn't work for me and a lot of other people anymore Rams :[
But I hate the new design, its ugly.

STLRamsFan
September 16th, 2008, 07:15 PM
That's weird man, it'll sometimes show the new one but it'll always change right back into the old one for me. That sucks. :(

Peterljr888
September 16th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I actually like the new facebook. I no longer have to look for a person's wall when they have over 10 applications on the same page.

I don't get why people are complaining about the news/mini-feed mix; you can filter whether you want to see the mix, your posts or posts by everyone.

As for the 'confusing' layout, it's not that bad. The left-hand navigation was pushed down to the bar at the bottom of the screen, the one for FB chat and notifications. That left-hand nav can also be found, though only on the homepage, on the right side under all the friend/app requests. Search bar has been moved to the top right, and the top navigation has pretty much stayed the same.

Also the application navigation at the bottom looks and works just like the Windows Start menu and the quick launch taskbar.

Last thing, I hate how most of my friends are joining those '1 million strong against the new facebook' groups. Sure, I understand you don't like the new facebook, but you don't have to join EVERY FUCKING GROUP that is against the new facebook. See image. (http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2922/oldfacebookag3.png) (names removed for obvious reasons)

Also, how long did you guys spend on the new facebook before deciding that you hated it?

Kornman00
September 16th, 2008, 07:37 PM
My question is, why can't they have an option to us the "new" or the "old" views? It seems almost blasphemous for a social network to do such a drastic move and expect everyone to go with the flow.

STLRamsFan
September 16th, 2008, 07:37 PM
I actually spend dealt with it for a few days. Got flat out sick of it and wanted the old one back so much. As for the groups, I'm in only two (one against it and the other how to get around it).

Edit: And that's what I've been wondering as well Korn. Apparently their not "compatible" according to the developers. What a stupid excuse.

Peterljr888
September 16th, 2008, 07:40 PM
It says here (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20080910/bs_nf/61807) that they can't maintain both versions.

The_Wraith
September 16th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks Myspace. Old/New/Themes. Great, Retro is sex.

Terry
September 16th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I hate it.

Con
September 16th, 2008, 08:20 PM
It's not ideal but it'll due for me.

blind
September 16th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I reiterate.
Its ugly.

LesserOf2Evils
September 16th, 2008, 11:53 PM
The new version seem cluttered up as hell.

Kornman00
September 17th, 2008, 01:27 AM
"We can't maintain both versions, and we really think you'll like the new Facebook once you get used to the changes," Slee wrote in his blog. "Sometime soon, we're going to switch everyone over to the new Facebook."
Translation: We can't be arsed to pay people to develop two versions, and we really think you'll like anal sex once you've loosened up. Sometime soon, we're going to convert everyone to Jehovah's Witnesses

Zeph
September 17th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I dont like how they rely on scripting to do pretty much every damn thing on that site.

Sel
September 17th, 2008, 08:56 PM
I dont like how that site is shittier than it was before.

Hotrod
September 17th, 2008, 09:08 PM
It's not that bad, and it's not that hard to get used to. However, I do prefer the old version over this.

Reaper Man
September 17th, 2008, 11:09 PM
It's fine as long as you have adblock plus

jcap
September 17th, 2008, 11:29 PM
I love it. I have no idea where anyone is coming from by saying it's more cluttered. The old one was a clusterfuck of shit on the screen. Now it's all where it should be: under tabs. Everything is grouped and organized so you can choose to see what you want to see. You click somewhere and it is actually what you expect.

The only thing that bothers me is the new wall. If anything is cluttered, it is that. The wall could be made so much better if it didn't box out every stupid comment and show obnoxiously fucking gigantic pictures.

Also, for the pictures, there needs to be a plain HTML option.

Edward Elrich
September 18th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Mixed feelings, while I like the new bottom bar (makes it a lot easier to launch apps) the style of profiles is just not in my taste.

STLRamsFan
September 19th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I love my feedback response:

Hi,

We appreciate your feedback about the new site design. We’re constantly trying to improve things on the site, so it is good to know what is working for you and what isn’t. Unfortunately, we can’t write individual responses to each of these emails, but we are reading them. We hope these changes make the site even more useful for you. If there are any specific changes you recommend, please let us know.

Suuure they "appreciated" it..