PDA

View Full Version : [CRYSIS] crysis warhead released.

StankBacon
September 18th, 2008, 06:21 AM
you can get it from the ea store (http://eastore.ea.com/store/ea/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.94928000) for 29.95 or steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/17330/) for 29.99

:o

its on newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832130216) right now for $27.99 with free shipping.

:)

-edit- just bought it from newegg.... had to buy a new hard drive and some other shit anyway, plus id rather have a physical copy that have it on ea downloader or steam.

this is the 1st game ive ever purchased legally... i feel so... dirty.

mech
September 18th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Just got it for 25 bucks at Circuit City.

Post your Crysis Wars user names.

Sel
September 18th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Oh damn, this is hot. Will get.

mech
September 18th, 2008, 10:43 PM
32 player TIA is :awesome: especially on that tank level. Squads Squads Squads !

Also, game tag MWLL-Masakari

jngrow
September 19th, 2008, 12:20 AM
whoa, supposedly looks better and runs better than the first, with a nice lil price, AND better multiplayer? It's also prolly WAY less glitchy now, modding community will probably get much more improved.

Evil_Monkey
September 19th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Just bought it off steam, going to have to wait a while to play as its 12Gb to download :eek:

The_Wraith
September 19th, 2008, 05:45 AM
So is this worth it? I heard the last one was crap aside from the rediculous graphics hardly anybody could actually use.

StankBacon
September 19th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Just bought it off steam, going to have to wait a while to play as its 12Gb to download :eek:

O_O wow that's huge, good thing i didn't go that route.... my download is butt slow and that would take forever.

Sel
September 19th, 2008, 07:08 AM
So is this worth it? I heard the last one was crap aside from the rediculous graphics hardly anybody could actually use.

You heard wrong.

mech
September 19th, 2008, 12:08 PM
There's one annoying bug in TIA that when you die and want to respawn so you double click, it'll spawn you then go back into spec mode so you have to click slow or else you'll be swapping back from alive to spec. Multiplayer is way better, no hackers flying around launching nukes. Oh and game design win on some of their TIA maps that are close quarters.

Zeph
September 19th, 2008, 12:33 PM
You get a physical copy off the EA Downloader. You just have to copy/move it before it's deleted out of your temp files.

I'm really torn about buying it. They didn't even support Crysis for a year and now they're presenting another game they can easily drop support of at any time. Lets face it, their support history says they wont.

ODX
September 19th, 2008, 03:28 PM
I have to wait for my brother to drive 4 more hours to get his license. Damn you people for making it 50 hours!

jngrow
September 19th, 2008, 07:17 PM
You get a physical copy off the EA Downloader. You just have to copy/move it before it's deleted out of your temp files.

I'm really torn about buying it. They didn't even support Crysis for a year and now they're presenting another game they can easily drop support of at any time. Lets face it, their support history says they wont.

I understand your skepticism, but their support history is one game, I thought.

Sel
September 19th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I'm gonna stick with original crysis for a bit, until I'm confident they will not gay up the multiplayer, then Ill get it. Chances are that will be at the exact same moment I save up enough money to buy it :downs:

Zeph
September 19th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I understand your skepticism, but their support history is one game, I thought.

No, they pulled very similar shit with Far Cry.

jngrow
September 19th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Oh, I thought it was a semi-new set of developers. Yeah, lame. I'm not even a big farcry guy, but even I know that game had like, 30 friggin ports/expansions/crappy crap rehases etc.

Needles
September 20th, 2008, 01:25 PM
I just saw it at target.

Is the multilayer popular? If it is, I might actaully get it.

mech
September 20th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Yes, about 950 players online atm.

343guiltymc
September 20th, 2008, 09:45 PM
No, they pulled very similar shit with Far Cry.
That was ubisoft, not EA? Besides Crytek is far off from the worst, at least they did release a patch for the game.

Zeph
September 20th, 2008, 10:13 PM
That was ubisoft, not EA? Besides Crytek is far off from the worst, at least they did release a patch for the game.

Publisher doesn't make the call whether or not to continue support. It's the developer. All the publisher does is pay the bills and gets the stuff out there. The engineers at Crytek just got too involved with CryEngine2 that they wouldn't be bothered to continue patching Far Cry. After Crysis came out, they saw how bad things turned out and stopped support when they got the final green light on Warhead. Whenever the sequel to Crysis hits that final budget meeting, they'll drop support of Warhead.

Anyways, I got a copy as a gift. I'm working on getting a Modacity review for it, but it's not comming along too well. Constant crashes, shitty gameplay moments, and framerates lower than I got in the ice levels of Crysis are making it a pain in the ass to play.

mech
September 20th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Didn't install sp but speaking from mp performance enhancing tweaks, running the game in windowed mode will give you a smoother time playing warhead.

I'm going to attempt to make a video, hopefully fraps will work.

Zeph, why are you so worried about Crytek dropping support for this game? Are you working on a major mod or something?

Saggy
September 21st, 2008, 01:50 PM
Anyways, I got a copy as a gift. I'm working on getting a Modacity review for it, but it's not comming along too well. Constant crashes, shitty gameplay moments, and framerates lower than I got in the ice levels of Crysis are making it a pain in the ass to play.
I'm in the exact same boat as you. I'm on the level "Adapt or Perish" (ice level) and it just keeps crashing. So far, this game isn't worth the money I bought it for.

Roostervier
September 21st, 2008, 02:43 PM
I haven't had a crash so far, and I already beat the game. <_<

The only level I played that I had a hard time with lag-wise was the train level. Every time the train started to move again it got really laggy. If it was stopped, my fps went back up to the 40s.

ODX
September 21st, 2008, 05:27 PM
I ain't buying until Gametrailers reviews it(Because their review isn't 3 minutes long) Even though I think my brother is going to buy it anyway, and I'll get Far Cry 2.

Cortexian
September 22nd, 2008, 07:42 PM
Downloading the 'trial' *COUGH COUGH COUGH* now, if it's any good I'll go buy it...

BobtheGreatII
September 22nd, 2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah... not to sure what to really think about it...

Just kind of ends slightly before they nuke the island... which just makes me facepalm... I mean, maybe adding on to it a touch more would have been nice... Other than that, I don't really have any complaints, it was pretty good.

Zeph
September 22nd, 2008, 08:50 PM
Zeph, why are you so worried about Crytek dropping support for this game? Are you working on a major mod or something?
I'm not worried, just aggravated. After support for a game ends, people quickly stop playing it. The pool of players across the servers, and the servers themselves, slowly dwindle in quantity and quality. Long term value of the game is gone.

Sel
September 22nd, 2008, 09:03 PM
Only if they stop supporting it before all the major issues are worked out. :\

Cortexian
September 23rd, 2008, 03:50 AM
Finished the single player in just over 5 hours on regular difficulty... The final 'boss' was WAY easier than the one in the first game, and the PAX is way cooler than the Nuke Cannon.

Sel
September 23rd, 2008, 06:58 AM
The first one was piss easy, the only time I died was when the whole fucking ship exploded and did 1 hit kill shits :|

Zeph
September 23rd, 2008, 05:41 PM
Finished the single player in just over 5 hours on regular difficulty... The final 'boss' was WAY easier than the one in the first game, and the PAX is way cooler than the Nuke Cannon.

It's not really a question of difficulty. The final boss here was shoot the fuck out of it until it blows up. In Crysis, timing was involved, so you had to wait.

Only if they stop supporting it before all the major issues are worked out. :\

That's quite often the case.

Needles
September 23rd, 2008, 06:25 PM
Would my PC specs be able to run Crysis Warhead at 1680x1050 all medium?

My specs are on the monitor button in the upper right corner.

StankBacon
September 23rd, 2008, 07:03 PM
just got done playing a few rounds of crysis wars... looks and runs better than the original.

Needles
September 23rd, 2008, 07:14 PM
just got done playing a few rounds of crysis wars... looks and runs better than the original.
Does it run a LOT (really impressingly) better? Or is it a small difference?

Roostervier
September 23rd, 2008, 07:31 PM
I found it amusing that they used pretty much the same model that they used for the TAC gun for the PAX. Also, it runs a bit better for me, but not really that impressively more. Also, the quality settings have changed from Low up to Very High, to something like Performance, Gamer, and Enthusiast. Not sure if that's the exact list, I haven't changed anything more than once.

Hotrod
September 23rd, 2008, 08:44 PM
Well, I think I might be picking this one up sometime soon...Or I could just steal it from my friend, like I did for the first one.