PDA

View Full Version : How do I install custom maps to halo 2 Vista

deathgami
September 20th, 2008, 08:57 PM
well this is what i want to know....how do i install maps i download straight from the internet for example i get a map from halomaps.org and i want to install the map to my game but i dont know how can you guys please help me by telling me how to put them there

legionaire45
September 20th, 2008, 09:03 PM
1) Learn to type legibly. Run-on sentences are bad.
2) If the map is in an archive (.zip or .rar file) then download and install Winrar. Extract the files (right click the file and choose "extract to *folder name*" and place the extracted folder on your desktop or something. Wherever it is most convenient.
3) Grab the .map file from the extracted folder and place it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo 2\maps". The "(x86)" part may or may not be there depending on what version of Windows Vista you are running.

Syuusuke
September 20th, 2008, 09:22 PM
H2V's map directory isn't the same as Halo PC/CE's man

It's in your C:\Users\<your User name for Windows>\Documents\My Games\Halo 2\Maps

deathgami
September 20th, 2008, 09:28 PM
HEHE sorry for typing run off sentences. T-T thank you guys i never knew that im kinda of a noob to this and you guys are awesome i will use this site every time i have a problem.

deathgami
September 20th, 2008, 10:07 PM
hey sorry i spoke to soon I put the maps on where legionaire45 told me to put it but it did not work. Then i tried to put it where Syuusuke said to put it,i did find the custom maps i got from inside of halo 2 but when i put the files in there if did not work. So i still need some more bit of help and i still thank you guys for helping me, but i was trying to do was make the halo 2 file maps to run on administrator but it did not work, or i do not know how to do it so please help me i beg you its stuck in my mind and i cant get it out.

SnaFuBAR
September 20th, 2008, 10:17 PM
nice duplicate topic.

deathgami
September 20th, 2008, 11:05 PM
um...thank you the reason i did that was because i wanted to get the answer fast but it is still a bit hard and im still having problems. If some can guide me threw it id be happy yes im a complete noob on this halo 2 stuff.

legionaire45
September 20th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Sorry about mixing up the maps folder location - as you can see, I am incredibly knowledgeable in H2V :D.