PDA

View Full Version : An Recurrent Tool Error

Dontu
September 24th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Alrighty this is probably due to inexperience but this is what H2Tool tells me

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1644/toolerrio1.jpg

johnnyblaz20
September 25th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Did somebody forget to attach the b_levelroot?

Dontu
September 25th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I this addressed in a standard h2Vista toutorial of any type?

Edit: DLD a tut and I did seem like I set everything up correctly :/. Any ideas on where I might have gone wrong?

armoman92
September 25th, 2008, 11:50 PM
I this addressed in a standard h2Vista toutorial of any type?

Edit: DLD a tut and I did seem like I set everything up correctly :/. Any ideas on where I might have gone wrong?

Yes, and in mine.

HERE (http://h2v.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=2201)

b-levelroot is important. No, really important. :downs:

armoman92
September 25th, 2008, 11:53 PM
actually, make sure you linked to the b_levelroot in ur map in 3dsmax, and not the other way. Maybe, try.

Dontu
September 26th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I did link to the b level root, it just may be my level is too large, which seems odd because it isnt, because i made another map of the same scale and had te exact sme problem. Btw Im using the Ghost's exporter script

johnnyblaz20
September 29th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Well you have to convert everything to editable mesh before exporting with that exporter. Did you do that? Also did you scale your map in any one direction? That will mess with your export also. If you scale you have to scale in all directions exactly the same. Also did you use the correct shader paths? Like for forrunner/industrial/metal/flat_light_scratchy did you use f_im flat_light_scratchy?

Maybe a screenshot of your work in 3ds would help also. Just to see if there is not something totally wrong. also show the materials.

Dontu
September 29th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the help the problem is now solved, apparently even using a uniform scale results in the normals of the faces to not export correctly :/ Thanks again for your help.