PDA

View Full Version : Needler

Dootuz
March 6th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Hey,

I was at home and had nothing better to do. So I went on eBay and found a local prop company, I’m doing a movie and I needed a Needler for it. I gave the guy a picture of the CMT Needler (with Master's permission :) ) and he started on it. This is the prototype so far.

Cost - $100.00
Time - About 6 weeks
End result –Pictures below

Too bad he couldn’t have it to where it flips up like the CMT one. It doesn’t, but he’s working on a version 2. (That first pic I’m moving my head it looks weird.) But yeah. The needles’ have light and light up red. (May change to pink later.)

Any ideas or suggestions?

It does NOT shoot... yet!

Thanks for looking,

:) Dootuz :)

Credits

Me for being in pictures and buying it.
My Friend at the prop store (I don’t know if he wants his name to be online :))
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3997/residedem3.jpg
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5935/resized2yf9.jpg

AAA
March 6th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Impressive for an alpha model.....but, the glitter HAS to go. lol:p

Dootuz
March 6th, 2007, 08:52 PM
It’s not glitter. It’s just a bad camera, lighting, or reflection.

EDIT: Or maybe its just dust the camera picked up.

Pred1ator
March 6th, 2007, 09:03 PM
too big mb?

I_Am_Error117
March 6th, 2007, 09:04 PM
:) I like it

Dootuz
March 6th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Once the Spartan Armor is finished it will be proportional to me. Only one question?

What should I get next?

Hotrod
March 6th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Try getting a Energy Sword or maybe a Assault Rifle to have a matching weapon. In my opinion, the needler needs more detail and smoother edges, but it's a really good job so far.

Dootuz
March 6th, 2007, 09:27 PM
He;s working on a sword now for someone elles. But then he reuses the model so I can get it but also hes making a AR. but I made my own AR but its not that great (will get pics later of my AR)

Con
March 6th, 2007, 09:31 PM
100 bucks for that? Looks like shit imo

Tholozor
March 6th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Well, keep in mind it probably isn't 100% professional sculpting, that would cost a lot more. And if you wanted an Energy Sword, I would just pay for the equipment needed to do it CGI style.

Dootuz
March 6th, 2007, 09:43 PM
So wouild I

Pooky
March 6th, 2007, 10:16 PM
He;s working on a sword now for someone elles. But then he reuses the model so I can get it but also hes making a AR. but I made my own AR but its not that great (will get pics later of my AR)

I don't get why people want to make their own versions of Halo weapons, next thing you know some crazy kid is going to shoot people with his homemade M6C pistol

SnaFuBAR
March 6th, 2007, 10:45 PM
that looks terrible. extremely inaccurate...

why would you blow 100 bucks on a model that lackadaisical model?

Dootuz
March 7th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Its not that bad. Any ideas to make it better?

CtrlAltDestroy
March 7th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Wait, what does this have to do with CMT?

EDIT: Oh, tl;dr. ;p

AAA
March 7th, 2007, 09:56 AM
yeah, I think you're lying about that glitter, why not make it more tin foil shiny? and sharpen up the needles in the back a bit more. and cut 1/5 of that handle to make it a bit lower and make those needles in the color a blue mixed with a tiny bit of purple. (or just pink...)

Than you with have yourself a good needler

Dole
March 7th, 2007, 12:00 PM
100 bucks for that? Looks like shit imo
:)

TIA Gangsta
March 7th, 2007, 01:32 PM
If you're just going to try and make him seem like a total retard, then just don't post (no matter what your opinion is).

Anyway, if that makes you happy, then good for you. Well since it's still on it's Alpha stage, it's looking pretty good. The basic shape is there, and with a little more accurate modeling and polish/finishing touches, it'll look pretty cool.

Dole
March 7th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Alpha Stage? It's not a video game.

AAA
March 7th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Alpha Stage? It's not a video game.

Who cares about what term we put it in, we all know what we're talking about. it's an alpha.

You heard our opinions, now get back to work!! :P

Dootuz
March 7th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Thanks this is a better responce than halomods lol... But yeah I'll go back and work with the guy on amking better. But frist I have to wait for him to get back from vaction! lol

Thanks,

He said he’s remaking the beak and handle. I'm repainting. There will be new pics soon.

Caboos001
March 7th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Looks really red…but other than that it looks really good for a first attempt.
Wish you could see less hand though.
:eekdance:

flood
March 7th, 2007, 04:42 PM
oooo nice!!

DaneO'Roo
March 7th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Looks like shit tbh

Dootuz
March 7th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Looks really red…but other than that it looks really good for a first attempt.
Wish you could see less hand though.
:eekdance:

What do you mean less hand?

And BTW its made for a 6 foot tall Spartin. Once I get all the ammor done I'll post a picture

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
March 7th, 2007, 06:50 PM
http://www.unsayablejazer.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/02/ea_1.JPG

That looks like a pretty 'ok' re-creation of the needler.

And I think you need to look at what the needler looks to a regular human marine. Who are 6 feet tall. Your proportions are a little off. And the whole thing is the wrong color.

Dootuz
March 7th, 2007, 07:36 PM
I know. but he cant mix paint so I have to repaint it. Thank you for that picture it will help.

Caboos001
March 7th, 2007, 07:56 PM

And BTW its made for a 6 foot tall Spartin. Once I get all the ammor done I'll post a picture

I shal explain..through zee le-picturez!:woot:

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/2637/neeedlerbn1.jpg
Lots-o-space at the grip area.
The dotted…dashed lines represent where it should kind of cut off.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5471/needler1uf2.jpg

See how it kind of cuts off at the thumb area and hugs around the hand more?

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/9439/needler3yz1.jpg

And there is a kind of slot or hole where you stick you hand that covers most of it.

Hotrod
March 7th, 2007, 08:19 PM
The needler in the game has green and yellow on the top as well as dark purple, but yours is a dark red-purple color. So fixing that could really improve the quality of it.

Dootuz
March 7th, 2007, 08:48 PM
WOW thanks for showing me those pictures. Me and him will work on that. Also I am going to repaint it this weekend. Most likely.
There's a (bad quality) picture of the Unpainted Spartan Armor. Use the CD for size.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2010/blackamorpv5.jpg

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
March 7th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Um, the plastic seems really shitty. Like that thin, extremely bendable, noisy, annoying plastic.

Hotrod
March 7th, 2007, 09:23 PM
It still looks very nice though, but the back section seems like it would be too small to fit, unless you had a small back. Keep up the good work.

Caboos001
March 7th, 2007, 10:24 PM
That actually looks like a nice recreation of the back.
Just so long as you re-paint it I’m good with the thing.
Hopefully it’s not made of the same plastic said a couple posts up.

Master Chief
March 8th, 2007, 08:29 AM

6 foot SPARTAN? what are you modeling for? Master Chief (John-117)? cuz if you are, he's 7 foot tall FYI.

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
March 8th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Yeah, I am sure they know. But do you know any 7 foot tall friends?

Dole
March 8th, 2007, 02:34 PM
The armor probably adds about five inches between the helmet and the boots, so the height would be closer to 6 1/2 feet.
In that case, I could wear it.

Dootuz
March 8th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Nope! And the main characters are only like 5 foot. So unless we all grow 2.4 ft we can't use 7 foot ones. And the armor makes you look about 6 ft. The back looks small in there but it fits the prop guy (6 ft) so it should fit us.

But the plastic is thin. But it shouldn’t be bad. I have a green scream and then we might do voice over’s for the movie… only problem is I have to BUY all the programs for the movie. So far I have Photoshop. Next I have to buy 3ds Max :omfg: and Adobe premiere. So I have to start saving. :)
And I need to buy a Battle Dress Uniform from the army store.

SnaFuBAR
March 8th, 2007, 02:50 PM
I know. but he cant mix paint so I have to repaint it. Thank you for that picture it will help.
So you still think that this is from a prop studio?:lol:

Dole
March 8th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Nope! And the main characters are only like 5 foot. So unless we all grow 2.4 ft we can't use 7 foot ones. And the armor makes you look about 6 ft. The back looks small in there but it fits the prop guy (6 ft) so it should fit us.

But the plastic is thin. But it shouldn’t be bad. I have a green scream and then we might do voice over’s for the movie… only problem is I have to BUY all the programs for the movie. So far I have Photoshop. Next I have to buy 3ds Max :omfg: and Adobe premiere. So I have to start saving. :)
And I need to buy a Battle Dress Uniform from the army store.
A green "scream?"
You have to buy Max and Adobe and learn how to use them both... you do realize this movie will never happen if it is longer than twenty seconds, right?

Oh, and why the hell is this in CMT?

Pooky
March 8th, 2007, 04:29 PM
And I need to buy a Dress from the army store.

This is all I saw at first

Dootuz
March 8th, 2007, 07:44 PM
LMAO. But yeah I know hwo to use 3ds and Permeir. Sorry about the misspellings here and there :). I dont know why it's in the CMT I was talking to Master's and I told him I'd post it here for him to see.

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/2328/arfk0.jpg

My ar I made. I know its not the best its painted gray. Repainting 5% done.

SnaFuBAR
March 9th, 2007, 11:49 PM
don't waste your time painting that. seriously.

DaneO'Roo
March 10th, 2007, 12:17 AM
yeah, that looks like a block of camembert cheese that got deformed by dropping it on the ground several times.

xD

n00b1n8R
March 10th, 2007, 01:27 AM
i hope that's just the front view silhouette prototype 0.o

Dootuz
March 10th, 2007, 09:23 PM
lol

demonmaster3k
March 11th, 2007, 11:47 AM
sry but that ar looks like shit

AAA
March 12th, 2007, 02:17 PM
sry but that ar looks like shit

I'm sorry but, I agree

ImSpartacus
March 12th, 2007, 03:41 PM
that ar is a pos. sry, but it just looks like ass. use something like this badboy.

http://communityhq.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10864

Now that is fucking dedication. He cheated though, had a company laser cut all the pieces from 3D models he made on some program like 3ds max or something.

Leiukemia
March 12th, 2007, 04:10 PM
For movie grade material, that assault rifle sucks. But it could be fun for a kid playing guns. Keep it and give it to a younger family member, maybe paint it for that reason.

Dootuz
March 12th, 2007, 06:39 PM
I'm sorry but, I agree

I agree also. LOL

They are horrable lol. there just for fun though. I really want one like that guy made. That would be Move grade. The needler is almost there, I forsted the needles on it. Still working on it. I'm going to work on the AR alot more.

Dole
March 12th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Forsted? Who are you, Goldmember?

Pred1ator
March 12th, 2007, 07:34 PM
actually its best if you DONT work on the AR at all... I know a good place to put it, its something called the trash.... but good luck on Needler..its looks ok

Bllasae
March 17th, 2007, 12:01 AM
I think that the front (The part that fires) needs to be more dark-ish blue, instead of the baby-blue like it is now. But other than that, it looks awesome.

Dr Jaul
March 17th, 2007, 02:57 PM
jesus guys you really need to lighten up. making the halo weapons in real life look good is extremely difficult. I know from experience having tried to make a few myself. the needler is especially difficult because of the fact that the needles themselves have to be lit to make it look good. so to all you people who say "this is a piece of shit" try making one your self and I bet if you compare your results he will look like a god.
and if you take a dremel to that AR and give it a little detail , it wont look too shabby.
peace, man. needler looks good

Bad Waffle
March 17th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Sorry Dr Jaul, but you're wrong. I could make a better needler or AR out of legos. Or if i had the wood, i could fabricate one myself.

Dootuz
March 17th, 2007, 04:38 PM
LEGOS!!!!!!!!!!

Lol. Dr Jaul is right. You guys try making one. But I'm still working on painting it. I haven't done a update in awhile so here's a little something.

FRAG
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9356/boomwebbd3.png
Needle V2
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9509/combowebhy6.png
Ready to re!paint
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4753/spraywebha6.png

There's the small update. I also have a battle dress uniform in black and a cammo medic bag. I didn’t want to kill CMT's bandwidth so I didn’t get pictures of them... And I’m wearing the BDU right now lol.

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/5789/betterql5.jpg
And here is the movie poster for our movie SO FAR. I made it myself. Any ideas for anything?
I want to get the ammo "things" for the Needler made. The thing CMT has that is put into the Needler. Instead of them just walking over them and magically having them appear in the Needler by shaking it.

Thanks for following this,

Dole
March 17th, 2007, 04:43 PM
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9356/boomwebbd3.png

It looks like you bought that at the corner deli with a package of plastic army men.

so to all you people who say "this is a piece of shit" try making one your self and I bet if you compare your results he will look like a god.
1. As GTAF said on Halomods... movie critics don't make movies.
2. He didn't make the needler, he said so himself.
3. God's toy Needler would be incomparably awesomer than his.
4. So would mine.

Dootuz
March 17th, 2007, 11:00 PM
I bought the grenade at the army store. If I had my better camera you would see. But I can’t use it now :(. Anyways still... working on the movie poster now.

Hotrod
March 17th, 2007, 11:11 PM
It's odd how a grenade from now looks almost exactly like the ones in Halo, which is 545 years from now.

Dootuz
March 18th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Lol yeah! They had one that looked closer to the halo 1 grenade, also. I'm going to get one of them too. There only 7 bucks.

megaxp
March 18th, 2007, 01:23 AM
look

SnaFuBAR
March 18th, 2007, 01:49 AM
jesus guys you really need to lighten up. making the halo weapons in real life look good is extremely difficult. I know from experience having tried to make a few myself. the needler is especially difficult because of the fact that the needles themselves have to be lit to make it look good. so to all you people who say "this is a piece of shit" try making one your self and I bet if you compare your results he will look like a god.
and if you take a dremel to that AR and give it a little detail , it wont look too shabby.
peace, man. needler looks good

i can and have made better work. this looks like shit. end of story.

Dootuz
March 18th, 2007, 04:03 PM
look
What?

SnaFuBAR
March 19th, 2007, 12:58 AM
i'm with dootuz on that one.

Dootuz
March 19th, 2007, 03:14 PM
lol

I_Am_Error117
March 19th, 2007, 03:20 PM
What, thats you call that an AR? You just killed my love for that glorais, horibly inaccurate, overly shiney assult weapon. lol

Masterz1337
March 19th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Moved to general talk, since it has nothing to do with CMT, or any of the games.

Emmzee
March 19th, 2007, 06:56 PM
That is amazing. I want one.

legionaire45
March 19th, 2007, 08:49 PM
I honestly think my cat would make a more accurate to halo assault rifle then that.

rossmum
March 19th, 2007, 10:27 PM
My eyes hurt.

No seriously, give me the materials and I could make better :|

Dootuz
March 21st, 2007, 03:56 PM
Spray Painting the needler!