View Full Version : [Release]Halo 3 Style Screenshotted Textures

Advancebo
October 4th, 2008, 10:46 AM
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc292/Advancebo/display.jpg

Halo 3 Style Textures TIF

Author: Bungie/edited by Advancebo

Description:Halo 3 Screenshotted Textures

About:
These textures were screenshotted by Advancebo, then edited.
Originals by Bungie
These are not ripped by any means nececssary.
All textures are in the required "power of 2" for Halo CE
Textures are from:
Multiplayer:
Cold Storage
Construct
Foundry
Narrows
Sandtrap
Campaign:
The Ark
Halo

!Bump/Height/Normal Maps not supplied!

Please give proper credit to both Bungie, and Advancebo

Contacts:
Xfire:Advancebo
Email:advancebo@yahoo.com

Download Filefront:
http://files.filefront.com/halo3+style+texturesrar/;11972134;/fileinfo.html

Soon to be on Halomaps:

Siliconmaster
October 4th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Woah. That's some hard core texture work. Should prove helpful for those trying to emulate the Halo 3 look.

Higuy
October 4th, 2008, 11:24 AM
He took pic's of them ingame and modified them...

Advancebo
October 4th, 2008, 11:30 AM
hey, its for the community, not just u :P

ICEE
October 4th, 2008, 11:42 AM
This does look pretty good. Even if it is just screencaps, I don't see how this is any worse (morally) than actually extracting them from the game. I'll try these out.

Disaster
October 4th, 2008, 11:46 AM
This does look pretty good. Even if it is just screencaps, I don't see how this is any worse (morally) than actually extracting them from the game. I'll try these out.
The construct textures are to bright, You should have darkened them up.

killer9856
October 4th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I honestly don't like them. I like people putting in effort. I want to have my textures custom made, not screen-capped.

That's me though.

Advancebo
October 4th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I honestly don't like them. I like people putting in effort. I want to have my textures custom made, not screen-capped.

That's me though.

at least your not flaming like DEEHunter/Lekgolo over at halomaps

Heathen
October 4th, 2008, 01:28 PM
I personally don't see what makes them any less impressive than normal.

Yes, they weren't made from scratch, but its just another medium. The gaming industry hasn't come up with an original idea since the SNES.

Kudos.

t3h m00kz
October 4th, 2008, 09:05 PM

That's me though.

o noes, screencapped & ripped content are hela lazy get sum skill maek ur own!!! >>>>:[[[[

ZTeam. Nuff said. Plus, he said he edited them a bit, so it's not like he snapped them and went with that.

But to be on topic, nice collection of H3 textures there. If they properly overlap, it should look relatively nice in-game. Not too big of an accomplishment to be honest, I don't feel it's worthy of it's own thread because anybody can screen cap, but again, they should work in a map and look relatively decent. It's a good start.

Now they need bump maps and all that fancy sheeyit

Heathen
October 4th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Well, doesn't ripping things like ZTeam does still take work to get them to look right?

Its not like rip, apply, win.

amirite or amirong?

Advancebo
October 4th, 2008, 09:42 PM
zteam uses there own programs that hey have worked hard to make. all deehunter does is do a little hex editing stuff, and use simple programs with a simple UI

Heathen
October 4th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Well all you did was pic and edit.

Everyone has their own ways.

I wasn't justifying or flaming anyone if it seemed that way.

Ontopic:
Good textures.

Gwunty
October 4th, 2008, 11:28 PM
I can finally get this ingame.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/carlos_y_charlie/newrender.jpg
After I fix some tile mistakes with your skins, or remake them all together.

Heathen
October 5th, 2008, 12:06 AM
After I fix some tile mistakes with your skins, or remake them all together.

Oooh. A challenger appears.

t3h m00kz
October 5th, 2008, 12:39 AM
I smell a collaboration project brewing

Apoc4lypse
October 5th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Nice, I might use some of these in the future (might because I havent touched any of my personal projects for a while XD) I like some of them, but some also look like they wouldn't tile right. The repeating floor textures and such look good though.

DEElekgolo
October 5th, 2008, 01:20 AM
zteam uses there own programs that hey have worked hard to make. all deehunter does is do a little hex editing stuff, and use simple programs with a simple UI
No.

Tweek
October 5th, 2008, 01:23 AM
No.

well gee, big fucking careface, i'm sure everyone here gives a shit about what your little prwogwammy looks like.

i'd also like to point out that your post, being not only very constructive, it is also totally not irellevant and very usefull to the topic at hand.

gtfo.

DEElekgolo
October 5th, 2008, 01:28 AM
well gee, big fucking careface, i'm sure everyone here gives a shit about what your little prwogwammy looks like.

i'd also like to point out that your post, being not only very constructive, it is also totally not irellevant and very usefull to the topic at hand.

gtfo.

Its not like I'm bragging. He is accusing me of using simple applications.

--- Original message by: Advancebo

--- Original message by: DEEhunter
And its not like your showing people how to make textures by taking screencaped textures.

it shows people how bungie made the textures.

Heathen
October 5th, 2008, 01:44 AM

gtfo.

Irony.

Oshi- me too.

t3h m00kz
October 5th, 2008, 03:44 PM
You kids need to ctfo and stfd.

Bad offtopic followed by flaming Tweek and Deerhunter. Very bad. Go sit in your corners. >:V

Pretty soon, I'm 'bout to reinstall 3DS Max and see if I can't make a little something, I might use these textures in the draft version. Not gonna be hi-def of course, no moreso than Chill Out at least... gonna be my first map, after all

Too bad my OS is fucked... and overtime at work... egh, need m0ar spare tiem, I'm never gonna get it done

Corndogman
October 5th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Hey, I modeled them there sandtrap towers, looking nice.

I'd also like to point out that the Construct floor doesn't tile perfectly, Its a bit squished in the middle, so it makes a black line in between each tile.

Apoc4lypse
October 6th, 2008, 09:59 PM
just a quick o.t. question, you wouldn't happen to be in Math 111 or intermediate algebra with that wierd teacher Thomas Kovorik or w/e would you?

Other than that, I like the textures.

E: n/m... ur age wouldn't make sense.. if anyone is though, let me know haha. I def heard someone chatting about CE related stuff in that class... itd be the first person found anywhere near where I live that does this stuff.

DarkHalo003
October 7th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Yeah, some of the floor tiles do look a bit funky. I also think you should try and add some "shine" to them. They look good, but in comparison to that of the originals they lack luster and look a bit too cartoony. Make the stone look dusty and make the metal look like metal. This primarily goes for the last three blocks of textures. The forerunner tiles don't have that shine to them like they should.

Other than that, they look decent enough to use, although the rock texture looks practically identical to that of CE's rock texture. Still a good donation none-of-the-less.