PDA

View Full Version : [COMP] October AA

Chainsy
October 12th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Well I found this one really opens us up for creativity so I decided to give it a go. Basically mine is called RPAM (Rocket Propelled Air Mines) and is obviously used for air defense. On fixed gun mount, the RPAM fires a 6 foot rocket which has heat seeking capabilities, and will do one or two things. If at a certain altitude it only detects one air craft, it will proceed to home in on the target, and obviously, blow it up. If it reaches a certain altitude, and there is two or more air crafts, the rocket will proceed to open and eject its cargo: 6 flying mines that will track to a ships heat and burrow in and explode once inside the ship. Once the blades hit the ship the impact simply starts a timer of 10-15 seconds which is ample time for it to get into the ship. One of these babies has a blast radius of 50feet, and a nasty shockwave that packs a punch to 95 feet. If the RPAM is fed continously it can fire 4 of these rockets per minute giving 24 of these projectiles per minute.
So far I have started to model the AM part of the projectile, and will then model the rocket, and then the actual RPAM gun.
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn229/1chains1/projectile.png
Basically the blades are fitted into the slots of the top piece, which connects via the gear on the bottom into a powerful motor on the bottom piece which also packs the light weight explosives, which is touch and light sensitive. The blades also have the capability to slide in, as to obviously not cut the rocket they're carried in.

SnaFuBAR
October 12th, 2008, 04:21 PM
interesting.

nick3d
October 12th, 2008, 05:59 PM
interesting.

I agree

Heathen
October 12th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Now make it awesome.

So its a rocket powered Frisbee propeller thing?

Hunter
October 13th, 2008, 04:25 AM
That looks... errrr... interesting. Any drawings?

nick3d
October 13th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Its very confusing. i know i'v got no chance in winning either way but its for fun is why i am doing it lol

Heathen
October 19th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Is this gonna be fired or piloted?