PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Deepfreeze and Wetworks

Inferno
October 14th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Here's the trailer for my upcoming maps Deep freeze and Wet works. These are the first 2 releases of the QMCT (Quality Map Conversion Team)

http://www.xfire.com/video/32f21/

Thanks to Mattpocalypse for recording the beta test so I could use it in the trailer.

The maps will be released after I finish balancing them and I get the stupid hologram shader to work.

ultama121
October 14th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Looks pretty cool, can't go wrong with good conversions.

Heathen
October 14th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Cool.

SnaFuBAR
October 14th, 2008, 10:19 PM
looks fun in h2v. maybe give em texture overhauls, though. they look bland as hell. i always thought the h1 textures for those maps sucked. What song was that in the vid?

DarkHalo003
October 14th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Man, another reason why having H2PC exclusive on Vista sucks. I have to miss out on all of these good maps. D:

I agree with SnaFuBAR, especially for Chill Out's conversion.

Con
October 14th, 2008, 11:47 PM
why is there a shitload of covie cargo by the low teleporter?

Inferno
October 15th, 2008, 03:27 PM
looks fun in h2v. maybe give em texture overhauls, though. they look bland as hell. i always thought the h1 textures for those maps sucked. What song was that in the vid?

I fail in photo shop so probably not.

Song was Tundra by Sabrepulse the album was called Titan I think.

why is there a shitload of covie cargo by the low teleporter?

Cause I thought that area needed a lot more cover so I added a bunch. I didn't want that map being dominated by BR and carbine. And after working in CE so long with no physics I jump at any chance to use havoc scenery.

johnnyblaz20
October 15th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Not really impressed with the textures atall. I know its beta and all of that but oh well. Keep up the good work. I'm sure they will look awsome when it's finished.

StankBacon
October 15th, 2008, 09:27 PM
very nice, 2 of my favorite maps...

however...

http://www.hivclan.net/hivshack/images/3azaqf0ihk55rroxruos.jpg (http://www.hivclan.net/hivshack/)

there are way to many of these things, and there placement seems off, why not just stick with the original placement from h1?

il Duce Primo
October 15th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Halo 2 always needed more cover than in Halo 1.

Heathen
October 15th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Not really impressed with the textures atall. I know its beta and all of that but oh well. Keep up the good work. I'm sure they will look awsome when it's finished.

I think you missed the point.

Zeph
October 15th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Congrats on getting stuff ingame. If you have the time, try to overhaul some of the textures.

Con
October 15th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Yes, halo 2 needs more cover, but not that much...damn. That's just a mess and people hate climbing over it. To prevent the map from being dominated by carbine and BR work on weapon placements instead.

Pooky
October 16th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Yes, halo 2 needs more cover, but not that much...damn. That's just a mess and people hate climbing over it. To prevent the map from being dominated by carbine and BR work on weapon placements instead.

put BR on the waterfall platforms area for instance, so people frequently get killed trying to grab it.

e: and also make sure you put the Plasma Pistol somewhere very far away, like where the Fuel Rod gun is in HPC.

Inferno
October 16th, 2008, 04:41 PM
put BR on the waterfall platforms area for instance, so people frequently get killed trying to grab it.

e: and also make sure you put the Plasma Pistol somewhere very far away, like where the Fuel Rod gun is in HPC.

This map is laid out for FFA and TDM. Weapon count is...

( I started typing it but gave up cause I cant remember it and I cant get on my vista laptop to check )

But anyways there is a Plasma Pistol at each base with a minute long respawn and the 2 BR's and the Carbine are in the center of the map (1 next to shotgun 1 out on the platform under the waterfall and 1 in the room near blue base with the pipes that run over the top of it.)

Ummm I didn't do any new textures cause like I said. "i rz teh failzorz n da fotoshopzorz" And if you mean the shaders suck... Well I can't do much more for them. They all have proper illum bump diffuse and what not and I don't think halo 2 supports bumped cube maps so I can't make them anymore like halo 1's shaders.

(BTW if there is a shader template that supports bumped cubes tell me pl0x!)

In that picture it looks alot more cluttered than it actually is due to the angle. But Ill clean it up a bit anyways. Also I think a grenade knocked some of those boxes in the way...

johnnyblaz20
October 17th, 2008, 04:24 AM
It's amazing how the small things take the longest. I agree though on the placements. I'd try to keep them as close to h1 as possible.

Hopefully soon they will post my latest port but i think i got the placements perfect on Gephyrophobia. Sorry i know its your post.

Inferno
October 17th, 2008, 11:54 AM
It's amazing how the small things take the longest. I agree though on the placements. I'd try to keep them as close to h1 as possible.

Hopefully soon they will post my latest port but i think i got the placements perfect on Gephyrophobia. Sorry i know its your post.

I've actually changed a lot of the placements on my maps from the original versions. Rockets on chill out replaced with sword. Sniper rifle changed to beam rifle etc... but the game play still remains the same. Fun and quite "ambushy" sometimes.

Btw there's already a H2 version of gephy.

Inferno
November 14th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Sorry on the long wait. My laptops been all :gonk: lately so working on the maps has been hard.

I'm planning on releasing the maps this weekend. Either Saturday or Sunday.

p0lar_bear
November 15th, 2008, 02:10 AM
...I don't think halo 2 supports bumped cube maps...

The Chief's visor.

Inferno
November 15th, 2008, 11:10 PM
True... you have any idea what shade template that is?

{XF}Lowsy
November 16th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Looks nice... Can't wait to play on these old time classics.

Inferno
November 16th, 2008, 07:56 PM
I was running through the maps real quick before I was going to upload them and noticed... "Hey where the hell is the fog on deep freeze?" I then went into 3ds and found that my +media plane was not linked to the level root so I have to recompile the map and run super light maps again. Sorry guys. I promise to have them up Monday afternoon.

Inferno
November 17th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Maps are done. Uploading to halomaps.org. Will be posting as soon as Dennis processes them.

{XF}Lowsy
November 24th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Wanksta.. Thanks for the pre-halomaps copy of these files. We were very excited to possibly add these to our custom map playlist and tested them the other day. We found some major and minor issues and have detailed those below.

It would be great if you could decide what needed fixing, and/or let them fly as-is, or halt the post on HaloMaps and make corrections as needed. We can not host these maps "as is"...

Wetworks (Damnation)

Blue Team can't score flag, and blue flag was located where I'm standing.
http://i36.tinypic.com/hwwups.jpg

Invisy used to be one ramp to the right
http://i34.tinypic.com/zl2fa.jpg

these were MOST of the barrels in blue base, too many, you only need like four up on the ledge. That holds true for red base as well only need three up top next to the flag
http://i33.tinypic.com/ic1bae.jpg

Deep Freeze (Chill Out)

This portal should go to blue base, NOT broken bridge
http://i36.tinypic.com/10pq174.jpg

This portal should go to broken bridge, NOT blue base.
http://i38.tinypic.com/5dqihy.jpg

Inferno
November 24th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Gah, looks like I'm gonna have to upload a Wetworks_final and DeepFreeze_final.

Unless I can replace the ones already on Halomaps...

edit-
He hasn't posted the map yet its still in the FTP window so I uploaded this TXT that says

Dennis or whoever is posting maps right now PLEASE DO NOT POST THE dmt-deepfreeze and dmt-wetworks maps. I recently found out some serious errors with them and I need to fix them and then re upload them. Here is the thread showing all of the errors that the beta guy found recently. http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?p=327221#post327221 4 post on the page. Please do me a huge favor and just delete these. I worked hard on these and I want to fix them. If you need to verify that I'm the one who uploaded originally talk to me on xfire - wankzta. Or email me - *snipped out of the modacity post cause I dun trust you guys*
Thx

{XF}Lowsy
November 24th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks for wanting to make some changes. I also sent Halomaps an email, and I hope you are able to get some response from them.

The flag placements were a little off on each map as well, but I figured enough is enough already. They are close to the original spots.

Inferno
November 25th, 2008, 10:10 AM
You got anything to say about weapon spawn times and placement? I'm editing right now so now is a good time to tell me what is wrong.

Scooby Doo
November 26th, 2008, 07:28 AM
i'm sry to say this, may just be stupid, but why would you rename the maps if they are just conversions? i mean, i expected that you had recreated damnation and chill out because of the name changes. but they're the same. imo, you should remodel the levels from scratch and then use your changed names. i can think of a million ways to remodel these maps to fit in the halo universe and i think you can think of some cool stuff too. i'm not saying you shouldn't just convert the levels over though, because the originals are awesome, but just give them the same names if you're going to do that.

but, everything does look nice. good work.

~Scooby

{XF}Lowsy
November 29th, 2008, 12:10 PM
How are your revisions coming Wanksta?

Inferno
November 30th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Maps are fixed, just waiting to see if dennis uploads the broke ones or not. If he deletes them off the FTP and does not post them I'm gonna upload them.

Btw the reason I changed the name is because there no longer the same map really. They play different and feel different and actually look different due to the Halo 2 shader system.

Inferno
December 2nd, 2008, 03:49 PM
Any other things you found lowsy?

{XF}Lowsy
December 3rd, 2008, 07:42 PM
Nothing beyond the normal H2 issues (spawing in the wrong base, coming out of portals the wrong way, etc)

Did HaloMaps get back to you yet?

Inferno
December 3rd, 2008, 07:44 PM
No. Dennis is a slow ass and hasn't updated the h2v page in ... like a month.

BTW I'm gonna send you guys a fixed version for you to test soon.

{XF}Lowsy
December 3rd, 2008, 08:53 PM
Deal!

Inferno
December 4th, 2008, 05:14 PM
I'll try and upload the RC 2 to you tomorrow.

{XF}Lowsy
December 6th, 2008, 07:59 AM
How are you making out with this? Want to PM me the link?

Inferno
December 6th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I have to move the maps from my laptop to my PC. I'll try and do this now.

UchihaCrow
December 7th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Can i test it to?

Inferno
December 7th, 2008, 07:08 PM
The map will be release soon so there's no need.

UchihaCrow
December 8th, 2008, 04:08 PM
OK. :(

{XF}Lowsy
December 9th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Well, we had fun in this test and put it through a pretty good workout. Sorry to say, here's some things you might want to check out..

Wetworks:

CTF - Spawn locations are all over the map. In the wrong base is frequent.
CTF - The red base is the high base. Blue base is the low base. You seem to have it backwards. (Spawns need fixing as well)
CTF - Still can't score the red flag
CTF - High Base has the flag in the wrong location.
Way toooo many barrels - please remove about 10 from various places. I count 3 for each base in the original game.
Slayer - Good
Territories - No names for each territory (be creative)
Territories - No flag 'stand/base' for the given locations. I'm being told this can be added and visible just during territory matches if you set it up right.
Territories - chosing 3 flags gives us 3 locations that don't make sense and should be spaced out more.
Assault - Doesn't work at all

Deep Freeze:

CTF - Flag colors are in the wrong base. Red is up top. Blue is the low base.
CTF - The flag placement is in the wrong spot within both bases.
CTF - The invis and OS are in the wrong spots. Invis is proper for slayer, but not for CTF.
Slayer - good
Territories - No names, No flag stands/bases
Assault - Doesn't work
Colors are way way way weird. Like playing in a crayola box.

Oh and we liked your secret depo of vehicles in Wetworks.. Fun stuff.

http://www.rtstechnicalservices.com/XF/Wetworks.jpg

Inferno
December 10th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Ok, I don't understand what is wrong with the CTF on damnation. That's really fucked up. Someone enlighten me on how to set up Assault and CTF properly.

BTW I'm going to add the territory names when I get a chance to work on these again.

{XF}Lowsy
December 11th, 2008, 07:23 AM
If you need some help, may I suggest PM'ing Vicky.. He did a great job with the Bloodgulch port as well as my XF01 map.

Once we get all of these Halo1 maps ported and working properly, I'm thinking about setting up a map rotation with nothing but original H1 maps.. That should be fun....

Inferno
December 11th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I already talked to him a bit. I'll try and get this done this weekend. Unless Yoyo needs me to do the shields for Yoyov2 but IDK about that yet.

Inferno
December 13th, 2008, 02:18 PM
On wet works Ive fixed:
1. Figured out how make spawns actually work properly. CTF, Assault, and Territorys now spawn in the 2 bases. I fixed this useing spawn data.
2. Switched
3. I think I fixed this but don't know yet because only 1 flags spawns when your in the server by yourself.
4. Moved
5. Reduced
7. Created names
8. Add flag holders for territory's only.
9. Made it so 3 flag territorys spawns the flags down in the center of the map.
10. I believe I fixed this too but don't know until someone tests it.

I'll upload this for another test soon.

edit-
Fixed on chillout:
1. Switched
2. Moved
3. Moved
5. Added
6. I believe I fixed this but I won't know until it is tested.
7. If I run light maps again that will be fixed but I think the more saturated colors look good on that map. Makes it look more vibrant.

{XF}Lowsy
December 13th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Ok PM me when you've uploaded a new copy and I'll have the guys put it to the test...

But 7 on Deep Freeze - aw come on. Crayola dude...

Inferno
December 13th, 2008, 08:48 PM
I don't think it looks crayola I just think it looks purple. Covenant and purple go together like Snaf and Guns.

UchihaCrow
December 14th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Maps are fixed, just waiting to see if dennis uploads the broke ones or not. If he deletes them off the FTP and does not post them I'm gonna upload them.

Btw the reason I changed the name is because there no longer the same map really. They play different and feel different and actually look different due to the Halo 2 shader system.

Release date?

Inferno
December 14th, 2008, 11:22 AM
When Dennis gets off his lazy ass and updates the H2V page.

UchihaCrow
December 15th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Ok

UchihaCrow
December 20th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Can you just upload them onto modacity cuz dennis isnt updating

p0lar_bear
December 20th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Can you just upload them onto modacity cuz dennis isnt updating

Give the guy a break; he's probably getting ready for Christmas.

And no, as it is he cannot, and at the moment I wouldn't turn on upload ability for the general public yet what with some of the stuff we've seen going on under the hood on the server.

Inferno
December 21st, 2008, 11:47 AM
I'm only annoyed because he updates the CE side every week but Ive been waiting for the H2V page to be updated for almost a month and a half now...

UchihaCrow
December 21st, 2008, 02:02 PM
ugh, man i wanted to play Chill out for my h2v Christmas LAN party can you just give me link then / PM it and like upload it to Megaupload,Mediafire,Sendspace.

Inferno
December 21st, 2008, 02:28 PM
If I get time sure. I'm busy as crap right now though.

UchihaCrow
December 21st, 2008, 03:11 PM
K, thanks a lot man you saved my LAN Party.

UchihaCrow
December 22nd, 2008, 12:11 PM
BTW, anyone got any feedback on Prisoner.?

Inferno
December 24th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Ok I'm sending PM's with beta 5 to crow and lowsy right now.

ShazzzE
December 28th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Hey, It's Uchihacrow i've tested the new maps and i really like how Chillout plays and how you used diffrent colours for the rooms by tommrow i should have some video or something up about the test because i didnt test damnation.